product video of E7 http://www.youtube.com/v/iDXmK8dGV1E

Not my words but...

It's said to be the best business device Nokia, or anyone else, has ever produced and comes with the touted ability to create PowerPoint slides on the go..

Is it going to be challenging the likes of the blackberry line of smartphones anytime soon? Judging by some analysts, nokia will continue to dominate the Smartphone market worldwide and overall volume of sales at least until 2014 (though they will lose market share). Nokia E7 seems to be multimedia centric, some will say the torch falls behind on e.g 720 p recording and HDMI connectivity with an 8mp camera to boot.

The phone comes with a hardware keyboard (horizontal slider) and 4" touchscreen that rivals Samsung's AMOLED (which could actually be one) which is being marketed as CBD (clear black display - blacker than black!!%#). It's an Interesting device that will be out by the end of the year.
    for more information on specs - Device Details -- Nokia E7-00
    One interesting point to make is that the device runs on a 680mhz CPU - may get castrated for that move.

The other device released today was the C6-01 - specs
    Device Details -- Nokia C6-01

I loved the n95 series and thought the the n82, 8800 (the basic yet one of my favourite slider phones ever!) were great phones for their time whether it was due to build, features or both!

I think the E series of phones such as E72, E73 etc are quite capable smartphones for those looking for an alternative to the touch screen devices as of recently. I can't say I liked the n97 mini much, more so the bigger version but still the touch screen interface wasn't something I particularly liked even when they came out with the Xseries X6 touchscreen only smartphone and Cseries 'entertainment' devices. They seem to be carrying that same idea forward with their earlier announcements at NOKIA WORLD with the C6-01 running Symbian ^3.

I haven't used Symbian^3 but from what I've seen it looks pretty good when you compare it with other Symbian OSes before it and I wouldn't mind giving it a first hand go at it.
    Would i go as far as saying that it looks more accomplished than windows 7 phone? maybe but I'd need a whole new thread to talk about that one and I really should reserve judgement until that OS is out and about.

As a business phone, I probably would choose a nokia over an android but over a blackberry, probably not as I still enjoy the Blackberry OS a lot and technology is really just a gap that Rim could easily get on top of.

Is Nokia moving in the right direction or is it another, close but not good enough? They certainly need to start improving the US market, thats for damn sure!

Part of the reason I wrote this thread is that I've been using my old n95 8gb lately when my last phone died and have been quite amazed at how well this phone has held up but I personally don't think the E7 has done enough to sway me from me getting a torch. I'd like to re-iterate that the OS is one of two big reasons why I want to get the torch, the other being that its a touch/keyboard vertical slider and a first for RIM!

What of meego? a non-starter, at least for this year after what's been announced at Nokia World. It'll be interesting times for Nokia esp when they get meego out the door and onto mobile devices such as tablets.
    09-14-10 09:27 AM
    I could never give the Nokia smartphones a shot because they aren't available through US carriers with the exception of the E71 and E73. I couldn't pay full price for an unlocked device when I can get something similar for a lot less money. Plus, without carrier support, you will also lose support when there is something wrong with the device. Its just not practical to buy a Nokia smartphone in the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 04:29 PM
    Do not want Symbian. If they release MeeGo devices in the U.S., I would try one of those.
    10-02-10 01:09 AM
    Just like Blackberry OS is getting old and a little boring, lacking some of the newer and flashier features of the iPhones, Android phones, and similar devices, Nokia's S60 smartphones are very powerful and in many respects quite superior to BlackBerry. In fact, were Nomia to have been able to offer the data backend that RIM offers on their smartphones and a suitable email interface on the phone to match there would be absolutely no reason for me to consider other devices.
    10-03-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD