At the heart of this mobile computer is its powerful 600 MHz processor and up to 1GB of application memory. The superscalar ARM processor delivers exceptional power and enables you to run all your applications quickly, smoothly, and simultaneously.

* ARM Cortex - A8 superscalar microprocessor core running at 600 MHz

* Up to 1 GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)

* Linux-based operating system

* 3D graphics accelerator with OpenGL ES 2.0 support..

Fast wireless broadband...For the first time get high-speed broadband that’s as fast as an internet connection at home. Enjoy rich interactive content across the web and view pages the way they should be seen with stunning full-screen browsing.

* 3.5G and WLAN connectivity

* Quadband GSM with GPRS and EDGE

* Data transfers over a cellular network 10/2Mbps

* Data transfers over Wi-Fi 54Mbps

* Flash 9.4 support

* Full-screen browsing..
    10-08-09 05:54 AM
    Hands-on the Nokia N900 at CTIA Fall 2009

Hands on video. Looks AMAZING! I might almost be tempted away from BBs... That will be out by the time I can afford my Onyx...
    10-10-09 01:08 AM
    I have read the N900 will not have UMA.I get on average 1 to 2 bars in my home.I keep T-Mobile because I use UMA for both data and voice.I and my wife both have a 8320 and I was looking at other phones besides BB.Should I stick with T-Mobile with the hope something will come out or switch to Verizon. I would have 4 or 5 bars at my home with no need for UMA.Any advice would be helpful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 04:51 PM
    Anybody who has been following Nokia for quite some time should find this as no surprise:

Nokia’s Q3 results prove it’s in dire need of help : Boy Genius Report

And it's not likely to change or turn around significantly with all the stupid decisions they're making.
    10-15-09 12:49 PM
    I'm surprised there aren't more reactions to this phone here. I've seen a lot of video's about it and I think it's amazing. To me it looks a lot better than the HTC's, or other Android (or WINMO) phones. I'm even tempted to let it replace my beloved Storm.
    Check these youtube video's. Looking very good:
    YouTube - Maemo5UITeam's Channel
    10-15-09 02:35 PM
    problem is it isnt a mass crowd puller. i dont think its really going to help Nokia significantly.

10-15-09 03:18 PM
    problem is it isnt a mass crowd puller. i dont think its really going to help Nokia significantly.

Not yet but, they're using high end hardware. This Maemo 5 is an actual OS that seems simple enough for the people to actually use. I know Symbian's largest problem was how difficult it was to use. Also, Tmobile and Nokia are announcing a big partnership which should gain some good sales in the US. Tmo has been the trend setter lately with bringing smartphones to the US (Android). They're a smaller company and get by, by offering something the larger companies don't.
    10-16-09 01:34 PM
    I love the features, hate resistive touchscreen. Sad but true.
    10-16-09 01:37 PM
    Not yet but, they're using high end hardware. This Maemo 5 is an actual OS that seems simple enough for the people to actually use. I know Symbian's largest problem was how difficult it was to use.
    s60v3 wasn't that hard to use, s60v5 was though...
    Where's the massive Maemo marketing though? I guarantee most average consumers have no idea what that word is, let alone some tech enthusiasts (behind WM, android, BB, iPhone, etc). Nokia didn't even do a good job marketing anything s60 in the US and they have an absolutely horrid track record on US carrier subsidization (which is a death sentence here).

So unless they drastically fix both of those issues, even if the phone is superior in every way, it won't help their market share at all.
    10-16-09 01:38 PM
    s60v3 wasn't that hard to use, s60v5 was though...
    Where's the massive Maemo marketing though? I guarantee most average consumers have no idea what that word is, let alone some tech enthusiasts (behind WM, android, BB, iPhone, etc). Nokia didn't even do a good job marketing anything s60 in the US and they have an absolutely horrid track record on US carrier subsidization (which is a death sentence here).

So unless they drastically fix both of those issues, even if the phone is superior in every way, it won't help their market share at all.
    They never tried to. Why would they have? They hold around 40% of the smartphone market share, way ahead of others. I think now with Tmobile they're really actually going to try and break out in the US market. Lets be honest, the US market only recently has warmed up to smartphones with the plans falling in prices. The marketing for Maemo can go in several directions. Android markets as being open while in fact it is much more closed then Maemo (Android has the huge advantage of Google though). Maemo can also be marketed as full Linux with full Flash and Ajax support. I know full Flash support and the ability to play Hulu out of the box will get a lot of people interested. Tmobile and Nokia haven't even announced their arrangement yet, they have time to come up with a campaign.
    10-19-09 09:30 AM
    if this would work on verizon i would probably get it, but I'll be getting the Droid instead. Don't let me down motorola!
    10-19-09 09:38 AM
    They never tried to. Why would they have? They hold around 40% of the smartphone market share, way ahead of others.
    Have you been following them though? They're down to about 35% now and have been dropping steadily for years. Previously they were higher than 40%....

Also their profitability vs marketshare is terrible.

Something about business either growing or dying... They definitely are not growing.
    10-19-09 12:58 PM
    Have you been following them though? They're down to about 35% now and have been dropping steadily for years. Previously they were higher than 40%....

Also their profitability vs marketshare is terrible.

Something about business either growing or dying... They definitely are not growing.
    They're still over 40 as of Q2 2009.

And Insight smartphone plans have actually gone up with speed increases. T-mobile's unlimited plans were $20 and then they went up to $25 when 3g devices started rolling out.
    10-19-09 07:27 PM
    They're still over 40 as of Q2 2009.

And Insight smartphone plans have actually gone up with speed increases. T-mobile's unlimited plans were $20 and then they went up to $25 when 3g devices started rolling out.
    Nokia shares dive after loss - Yahoo! News

I'm not seeing over 40%...

Seeing boards of pro-Nokia users pissed off because of decisions and handsets Nokia launched (and being part of it first hand), I really don't see a positive future. So far most of the articles I've seen mimic that...
    Last edited by papped; 10-19-09 at 08:20 PM.
    10-19-09 08:17 PM
    What their marketshare is in relation to whether this is a good phone or not is irrelevant. I think the phone has a great potential.
    Apparently Nokia has said (at the Maemo summit) that they don't expect this phone to sell in huge numbers. They only put it on the market to test their roadmap to Maemo 6. That is when they want to bring it to the masses.
    10-19-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD