which one should i get? im kinda on the fence
    i could get the Ming for 250
    and i'll find out how much i can get the curve for by this weekend
    10-25-07 10:25 PM
    10-26-07 01:23 AM
    depends but i would get a curve
    10-28-07 09:08 PM
    My friend owns a ming.. Terrible!
    HE loves it now But between me and him we had to flash it 5 or 6 times for it to work properly.. (flash kept failing) ALSO NO TECH SUPPORT IN AMERICA!! If you can speak Cantonese then its for you, when you have to call Hong Kong for support. Also my friend still cant send any MMS over an American network. Setting up his internet was a nightmare too.

If you go with the ming good luck... I hope it works out for you. I hope the one you get is able to accept american sim cards.

Now here's a horror story:

His wife and I bought him the phone for his birthday.. He started to use it everything was fine.. Then one day it kept turning off and on.. So we took the sim out. IT STOPPED!!! We put it in.. It started doing it again!! So we went thru 4 different sim cards.. New ones (we went to the store to get him a new one!) Old ones.. Nothing.. Kept doing it.. SO we had to spend 3 nights finding the software and flashing the phone...

I know it doesn't happen to everyone but PLEASE be careful.

I have the Curve.. Awesome little device.. Im going after the 8820 because of the WiFi...

Good luck with your purchase!
    ~Chris

IF you want a Chinese phone just get a CECT 168.
    damn
    that's scary
    but the thing i wanna know is that am i eligible for an upgrade

here are the facts:

-i got a 2 year contract with t mobile a few months ago
    -i never got a phone from them when i got the plan;i just had a little crappy phone activated(the one i have now) that my mom had from a few years ago
    -i got the package of 1000 minutes a month and free nights and weekends

with these facts can i upgrade to a curve?

also, how much will i have to pay upfront?(t mobile website says $300-$50 mail in rebate=$250)

can i get the cost of the data plan for the blackberry lowered from $39.99 a month?

how much will the phone cost+tax?

lastly, how long will take to get the rebate back?

thanks in advance

btw, i was thinking of getting the Ming instead of the curve depending on the price(the ming is pretty sexy though)
    10-28-07 10:03 PM
    depends but i would get a curve
    for me i need

-a reliable calendar for dates, special events,etc
    -a consistent working alarm
    -internet browser(might get a side internet job;need to stay on majority of time)
    -multimedia capabilities
    -maybe some more
    10-28-07 10:07 PM
    The ming is a great phone. I used that phone for almost a year. It has radio and you can play gba games on it easily with an emulator. The only problem is that its a hassle with american carriers as noted above. I could not get internet to work on it at all. So I switched to a curve. I would say the curve is better phone. The multimedia player is better, the camera is ten times better and its just a cooler phone!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD