Hello forum, my brother is in the market for a tablet. He is a blackberry user and called me this morning for advice on the ipad. I told him there are alot more tablets, not just ipad. I was wondering what you guys would suggest as a beginner tablet. Should be wifi capable as well as a data plan. He said his budget is about $500. If the ipad is best for him, then so be it, but I'm just looking for honest, non bashing advice.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 01:30 PM
    Ipad could work for him, but to meet his 500 budget he'll need to settle for an ipad 1, if he wants the wifi AND cellular models. The cheapest Ipad2 is 499, and is wifi only. HOWEVER, he may want to consider the PlayBook, since he can use the BlackBerry Bridge for the data and use his existing BB data plan for no extra cost!!!! Also it possible to find used Playbooks at a small discount now. My friend just got one on ebay for just over 400!
    06-27-11 03:27 PM
    If he is getting an iPad I HIGHLY recommend the iP1 rather than the iP2. Unless he is getting it to look "cool" there really isn't much point in the iP2 over the iP1.

Of course he could get a tethering plan for his BB to use with the PB as well..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD