G1 and iphone are devices that are for pure entertainment and do not fit in any professional setting. The BB curve at least has functions that work in both a professional and personal setting.
    That is funny considering a lot of companies are having their managers use iPhones instead of BBs.
    02-18-09 05:54 PM
    Yeah, frankly I'd like to see what exactly makes the Iphone and G1 any less useful or inferior in a meaningful way to the Blackberry. I mean, I love my Blackberry a ton. But having used and tried both the Iphone and G1 for more than just a few laps around the story, I can say that both are more than capable.

Furthermore, I will say that the Iphone and G1 are considerably more friendly to businesses these days. Fact is, the success of a phone these days is less about "what can my phone do?" and more about "what can developers make my phone do?" I'd say, and this is just rough speculation from someone on the outside, but a large component of the continuing success of the Iphone and rising interest in the G1/Android platforms can be credited to parties not employed or under the direction of the phones original designers/makers. That's right, Apple and Google/HTC made neat phones, but we have the nerds in your companies IT department to thank for the fact that they made an application to sync your entire inventory database with the sales and invoice systems so that you can sell Do-whop-dangers while sitting in the concourse of Heathrow Intl. Airport instead of waiting until you can find a computer or get ahold of the warehouse guys back in the states who are still asleep.

Long story short.....the Iphone and to a lesser extent the G1/Android platform are dictating the direction of every other major smartphone developer simply because they got the jump on an 3rd party application market model. This will change as competitors (such as RIM, hopefully) start mobilizing their efforts and adapting to the new market.
    02-18-09 06:30 PM
    I want the G2 for entertainment.. but i'll keep my Bold for fun & work too :]
    02-18-09 11:35 PM
    That is funny considering a lot of companies are having their managers use iPhones instead of BBs.

Obviously those companies don't know that BB's are more reliable in a business world than the Iphone.

It's their mistake when they are paying for the iPhone plan. Which is similar to sprints Everything plan for the instinct; around $100 for the plan, $299-500 for the phone $5-20 for txting and $30 for the data. WAY TO GO
    02-19-09 07:17 AM
    02-23-09 10:45 PM
    wanna sell your curve? I might wanna buy it....my curve fell into a pond while fishing.....
    03-09-09 03:16 PM
    wanna sell your curve? I might wanna buy it....my curve fell into a pond while fishing.....
    You're using the wrong bait! Fish have no use for e-mail. Lol, with my condolences. The password is a Ziploc bag near water. They take up little space, you can still talk and text, and it reduces the risk of oops!

Use the double-zip version, reduces chance of a seal leak if you do drop it in.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-09-09 at 05:20 PM.
    03-09-09 05:16 PM
    whats funny is that you would say that. If you were a IT guy or did any kind of research you would find that while some companies are issuing IPhones nearly all of them have recalled them in favor or BB or non smart phones with security risk inherent in all smart phones and the lack of compatibility on the iphone side with PC networks.

Yes you can make them work, yes it takes time and a lot of up keep. And no you will never get them as perfect as you want. Do us all a favor and do your research before you spout something you heard from BG or your local apple fan. Iphones are smart phones but they are not a buisness phone and if you think they are you don't use them like you should or you never had to set them up for a huge corporate roll out. It is no where near a buisness phone... yet but it has potential.
    03-10-09 10:11 AM
    LOL. That was wrong . Wow, thread is still going.

I am baffled by that as well.
    03-10-09 10:13 AM

G1 and iphone are devices that are for pure entertainment and do not fit in any professional setting. The BB curve at least has functions that work in both a professional and personal setting.
    That is so great. You just made my day.
    03-10-09 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the details. I ordered mine today. Giving up the crack for awhile. I wanted the 8900 but I use google for everything since its taking over the world. so G1 here I come. I will miss my pearl. She was fantastic. But I've had her for like 2 years with several challenges along the way.
    03-20-09 04:12 PM
    Congratulations on the G1. While I would never leave my BlackBerry, I'm surprised to hear someone take the G1 over the BlackBerry. The G1 has been deemed a consumer phone, a phone for those who simply are enthusiastic about new technology, time and time again... whereas the BlackBerry has been deemed a true, on-the-go device for the productive and organized individual.
    I believe this to be a matter of perspective. It's like saying no one can be organized and productive unless that have a BB. And in all honesty, I don't see any G1 owners complaining like BB owners do.
    03-20-09 04:37 PM
    thats why i just have both 8900 for biz G1 for play
    03-20-09 10:38 PM
    My cousin has the G1 and loves it. So I'm tryin it out. It seems to eat up the battery with all the apps thus far. Oh well... This is only day one so we shall see.
    03-27-09 05:53 PM
    G1 looks weird
    03-27-09 10:48 PM
    G1 looks weird
    Yep you got that right. I had that phone for two months back in November and December. Its a great phone dont get me wrong with the rich apps and stuff. My issue was the battery and not having 3g coverage in my area. Tmobile is so behind here in the U.S. that it is unreal they market very well but here. Step it up Tmobile..
    04-03-09 03:06 AM
    Its a VERY wierd looking phone, not to mention the chin on the phone gives users hand cramps when using the keyboard. I love android but not enough to grab a G1. I am waiting on the Magic/G2. All touchscreen.
    04-04-09 09:59 AM
    Yeah I agree the Magic/G2 should have been the G1. G1 looks so old.
    04-04-09 10:17 AM
    I had a Pearl for about 7 months, and then when the G1 came out, I fell in love with it. The reviews and first impressions were incredible, and got me very excited. I ended up selling my Pearl on Ebay and getting a G1 soon after.

I got the G1 on December 24th, 2008, and sold it last week.

After the novelty of the phone wore off, I grew tired of it very quickly. It was slow, sluggish, laggy, and clunky. It simply did not compare to how snappy and usable my Pearl was. Had to delete all my text messages every other day, otherwise the phone would become horribly slow. And even then, the phone would often lock up while deleting SMS threads. The promise of great open source apps is a joke at this point. I searched the app market daily for months, and never could I find more than 1 app that I used every day (Anycut).

In short, I've came to my senses, and just paid full retail for a Bold.

It's not even a matter of opinion here. The G1 just simply is not that great of a phone. The hardware is shoddy, and Android has a long way to go.

Color me extremely happy to have another Berry. My girlfriend and I are on the same contract, and we got our G1s together. Today she was ready to throw it out the window after she spent a half hour trying to delete a single SMS thread. She had to reboot the phone and pull the battery countless times before she could get it to work again.
    04-14-09 07:04 PM
    hold off on the g1 people

htc have got hold of it and it is the g2 or called the htc magic

apparently better and the qwerty keyboard has been removed

also t mobile lost the contract and vodafone now have it so hopes for it's partner verizon?
    04-15-09 12:14 PM
    Never get the first version of any phone

04-15-09 02:43 PM
    hold off on the g1 people

htc have got hold of it and it is the g2 or called the htc magic

apparently better and the qwerty keyboard has been removed

also t mobile lost the contract and vodafone now have it so hopes for it's partner verizon?
    T-mo hasn't lost any contract. There will be T-mo successors to the G1 (and, HTC was also the maker of the G1). But other carriers and other manufacturers will have android phones. T-mobile never had a permanent exclusive to Android.
    04-15-09 02:44 PM
    congrats, glad you like it!

One of my best friends has a g1 and i cant stand the thing lol. its very slow, **** my storm is 10x faster than her g1. And with the hardkeys and trackball on such a large surface, the phone feels awkward to type with, and i have large hands. I do like the Android OS though, some pretty neat stuff in there and some good apps too.
    04-15-09 10:10 PM
    I've had the G1 since pre orders... I left behind my pearl for it. Now 6 months later i'm going back to a 8900. The G1 is nice and all app wise.. but the rest of the phone sucks. The keyboard sucks, the battery life sucks. I'm done with the G1.
    04-19-09 02:57 PM
    I've had the G1 since pre orders... I left behind my pearl for it. Now 6 months later i'm going back to a 8900. The G1 is nice and all app wise.. but the rest of the phone sucks. The keyboard sucks, the battery life sucks. I'm done with the G1.
    I totally agree with you on that.

-Luis
    04-19-09 09:10 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD