nobody cares
    LMAO
    Yeah? Well the G1 will never not be ugly.

IronCurtain -
    Ok, you've made your decision about your new device. As far as not looking back- don't. Move forward and good luck. We'll still be here
    01-02-09 08:49 PM
    T-mobile has the worst reception out of any carrier around me besides cricket wireless, otherwise i might have gave them a try. I do think its an ugly phone, a co-worker has one. Neat device though, but bb just has a hook on me somehow.
    01-02-09 09:05 PM
    To the OP, it's all about what makes you happy. I left my Centro for the Curve, and no regrets to date. I hope you keep enjoying it.

To some of you, this is not Middle school, but a forum full of cell phone jukies. If you dont own stock in RIM, no need to ram on the OP.
    01-03-09 02:52 PM
    I played with my friends G1 phone and it wasnt for me. I think my BB just suits me better, also I am used to the format of BlackBerrys.

I think it is like the iPhone, it depends what you look for in a phone. Everyone has different lifestyles and needs and are obviously drawn to the phone that is better for them.
    01-03-09 04:15 PM
    I also run Linux and love open source software (hate having to go into Vista to upgrade my BBOS) but I also love the BB. Is the Java-based BBOS somewhat dated? Of course, but it's still a great phone: easy to use, fast, intuitive, with a great keyboard, amazing e-mail capabilities, great voice quality, a good media player, and so on. We've had these kinds of discussions before: WinMo does a lot more than the BB, but it's not as nice to use. I'm sure Android is much better, but there are a few reasons I won't be getting the G1:
    1. T-Mobile's 3G network: you think AT&T's is bad? T-Mo's is practically nonexistent.
    2. Web-based OS: I'm not putting all my info into Google's "cloud" and relying on the phone to retrieve it. Call me old-fashioned, but I like having a good deal of data on the phone itself, not in the cloud.
    3. G1 itself: trackball, keyboard, and touchscreen? I've tried G1's and I have to say I prefer the BB's form factor.

But I can easily see how someone would love the G1, and particularly Android. But I'm pretty happy with my Curve, I only wish it supported Flash (which the Java-based OS isn't remotely compatible with). OP, I'm glad you're happy with your G1, but what was the point of coming here and inviting a flamewar? You're surprised there's saltiness on the boards when you come into a BB fan site and trash the BB? LGF wouldn't like if I attacked Israel and DailyKos wouldn't like it if I attacked Obama, so why do you think CB would take kindly to you attacking the bb? If you really feel the need to relate your experiences, do so but please do so politely and respectfully.

In closing, the Neo Freerunner runs Android? I thought it ran OpenMoko.
    Last edited by tech42er; 01-14-09 at 09:56 PM.
    01-14-09 09:54 PM
    AMEN, to it not being middle school.
    01-14-09 10:25 PM
    Did you really just say it is a con to have keyboard, trackball, and a touchscreen?
    01-15-09 12:05 AM
    With the force of google behind it, Android looks set to become the major phone os player. It's an HTC device though, which suck on windows mobile, and not just because they run winmo.
    Now Android on a bb, or nokia, that could be worth having...
    I doubt google has the resource/experience to make their own hardware, they need a partner, and HTC won't cut it, so more likely to be bb, palm, etc. In a few years time.
    Either way, it means more goodies for all of us... But not for a few more years yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:42 AM
    I went from a BB Pearl to a storm to my G1. I absolutely love my G1. I loved BB's too, but nothing like I do the G1. I think the main difference between the G1 and the iphone is that the G1 is an open network. With iphone, it's all apple products and applications. On the G1, people can create some fun stuff and put on the market and other G1 users can download them without any problems. I have a ton of things on my G1 that I could never get on the BlackBerry's. But it's all a personal preference. If you love the blackberry and aren't open to trying the G1, then that's fine, that's your choice, but some of us love our G1's too. There is just so much on it that I am absolutely in love with, that's why I wouldn't go back, but I'm not saying there is anything wrong with sticking with a BB.
    01-16-09 01:23 PM
    Congratulations on the G1. While I would never leave my BlackBerry, I'm surprised to hear someone take the G1 over the BlackBerry. The G1 has been deemed a consumer phone, a phone for those who simply are enthusiastic about new technology, time and time again... whereas the BlackBerry has been deemed a true, on-the-go device for the productive and organized individual.
    01-16-09 02:22 PM
    With the force of google behind it, Android looks set to become the major phone os player. It's an HTC device though, which suck on windows mobile, and not just because they run winmo.
    Now Android on a bb, or nokia, that could be worth having...
    I doubt google has the resource/experience to make their own hardware, they need a partner, and HTC won't cut it, so more likely to be bb, palm, etc. In a few years time.
    Either way, it means more goodies for all of us... But not for a few more years yet.

How about Samsung, Sony, and Motorola? And personally, I love HTC designs. I like the touch screen and slide out keyboards.
    * Kogan Technologies, an Australian technology manufacturer, has announced Android-compatible handsets: the Kogan Agora and Kogan Agora Pro. These handsets were scheduled to be released on 29 January 2009. In mid-January of 2009, Kogan announced that the release of the Agora handsets has been delayed indefinitely.[36]

* In September 2008, Motorola confirmed that it was working on hardware products that would run Android. [37]

* Huawei Technologies is planning to launch smartphones that would run Android in Q1 2009.[38]

* Lenovo is working an Android-based mobile phone that supports the Chinese 3G TD-SCDMA standard.[39]

* HTC is planning a "portfolio" of Android based phones to be released summer of 2009.[40]

* Sony Ericsson is planning to release an Android based handset in the summer of 2009.[41]

* Samsung plans to offer a phone based on Google's Android operating system in the second quarter of 2009.[42]

* GiiNii Movit Mini is a Internet device based on Google's Android operating system.[43]
    01-25-09 04:20 PM
    If we read back to this original post. We can see the comparison of G1 and RIM. I totally agree with the comments. RIM is behind in software and simplicity of basic phone options. We can compare it to any Wmobile phone and see how many more features they bring v.s. RIM phones. Everyone with a BB can see that.... I love and envy alot of the features of the i-phone, G1, and new Pro. There is no denying, some of the programs are shocking, mind boggling, just flat out awesome......

But we also know that RIM has built reliable phones for years now. We can all testify for little or no issues with BB's out of the box (storm excluded). We don't have to deal with the list of glitches, defects, and issues of WM or touch-screen devices.

So as far as feature comparisons, not a fair matchup by any means. We need to weigh out all the options. Remember, we all have different needs in different areas with different lifestyles, and so on......
    Hence the multi-billion dollar industry we all feed and take a part of on a daily basis......
    Last edited by miltonb; 01-25-09 at 05:07 PM.
    01-25-09 05:04 PM
    If we read back to this original post. We can see the comparison of G1 and RIM. I totally agree with the comments. RIM is behind in software and simplicity of basic phone options. We can compare it to any Wmobile phone and see how many more features they bring v.s. RIM phones. Everyone with a BB can see that.... I love and envy alot of the features of the i-phone, G1, and new Pro. There is no denying, some of the programs are shocking, mind boggling, just flat out awesome......

But we also know that RIM has built reliable phones for years now. We can all testify for little or no issues with BB's out of the box (storm excluded). We don't have to deal with the list of glitches, defects, and issues of WM or touch-screen devices.

So as far as feature comparisons, not a fair matchup by any means. We need to weigh out all the options. Remember, we all have different needs in different areas with different lifestyles, and so on......
    Hence the multi-billion dollar industry we all feed and take a part of on a daily basis......
    couldnt of said it better myself
    01-26-09 05:16 PM
    I am a current Curve owner(8320 and just received my 8900) I am also considering switching to the G1. After using a business associates G1 i was very impressed by it. OTA firmware update FTW! Sorry but updating your BB's firmware is so goddamn slow its pathetic. Possibly the longest of any phone/pda in existence, lol. Free applications that do more then any app on a BB is very nice also. Blackberry's are fairly reliable(don't say they are super reliable because you know you pull the battery at least once a month, lol), but the JAVA based OS is so old and boring. The themes are pretty crappy so are most games and apps, and paying 7.99 and up for it is sad. I think the android OS will be a major force to reckon with in the next few months.

Don't flame the OP for his like of the G1, this is the "OTHER SMARTPHONES" section. If you are a die hard BB junkie, why would you even waste your time reading this section, yeah exactly, bye.
    01-27-09 09:22 AM
    I just have to say, I have a G1 user in my own household - and it is as ugly as it is online.

Glad you love it so much to write a self-review about it tho on a BB site.. but PEACE~
    01-29-09 08:56 PM
    So, I found someone that is going to trade me a G1 tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. Soon, I'll be part of the "cool kids."
    01-30-09 12:25 PM
    i went from an 8320 to my G1. Since I got the G1 my batter life has dwindled from 4 hours to 2.5. Two weeks ago I went to the TMO store and they told me to take off the 3G to conserve battery life. Why in the heck offer a phone with 3G and then tell you to turn it off? I love the free applications, especially Shazam. I love Youtube and I love the web experience, but I hate, I detest the fact that I do not get my e-mails in a timely matter.

I also hate the fact that the phone will suddenly drop during a conversation, but show on the screen that it is still counting the minutes, trying to turn the phone off is impossible at this point, the battery must be pulled. Another thing that just started happening after an OS upgrade (which is automatic) my blue tooth will sometimes not connect, although I press all the buttons to have it 'enabled'.

Again, it is a matter of preferance, but I am going back to BB.
    02-02-09 10:06 PM
    The G2 looks fuggin awesome

02-03-09 07:56 AM
    G1 was kinda a let down for me when i played with it at the tmobile store... Body just felt cheap... Youtube looked REALLY grainy and skipped a bunch... Could've been too early in dev as well... but i stepped very quickly away from it after the turnoffs set in... I want a Nokia Android phone like nothing else... HOPEFULLY with UMA access so my hotspot at home will continue to pull me out of cell tower bermuda triangle...
    02-03-09 02:51 PM
    But it is so large, like carrying a brick around.
    02-09-09 02:55 PM
    Youtube is grainy just like the iphone and storm while one 3g. If you use wi fi it will look much better. I dig the little(:/) guy its a nice device and there is a possbilty if it wasnt on t mobile that i would be using it right now. Its the first phone to make me think about leaving berries.
    02-09-09 05:56 PM
    i felt the same way about swtiching to the G1. but i later found out i made a huge mistake leaving blackberry. the battery on the device is horrible. i get maybe 6 hours out of it with very moderate use, meaning 20 sms a couple of emails and a phone call or two. if that isnt an issue to you then you might like the phone, but as for me ill be upgrading to the blackberry 8900
    02-11-09 08:28 AM
    my curve 8900 got OP's wife pregnant. that's why he's bitter.
    02-11-09 08:43 AM
    my curve 8900 got OP's wife pregnant. that's why he's bitter.
    LOL. That was wrong . Wow, thread is still going.

02-11-09 09:10 AM

G1 and iphone are devices that are for pure entertainment and do not fit in any professional setting. The BB curve at least has functions that work in both a professional and personal setting.
    02-18-09 06:37 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD