Wow, can't believe I'm considering it, but I saw several video reviews of the AT&T HTC Tilt 2 on YouTube and it looks like a badass phone. Specs are right up there with the Bold 2 & Storm 2, some of them exceeding the Bold 2 & Storm 2. But the biggest seller for me... Full Qwerty and Large Touchscreen! Something Storm 2 doesn't have.

The 3 video reviews that one guy did showed things that BB's can't do I was very shocked and impressed.

Anyone think I would regret leaving the BB world?

Only major downfalls I can think of would be no real push e-mail. But I have heard that Gmail works great on the Tilt 2. And everything else including web, texting and other apps look awesome in the video review I saw.

Can anyone provide any further input on the Tilt 2?
    10-21-09 11:49 PM
    I've spent the past few days researching this as well. Not quite sure, but definitely flirting with the idea of going to the Tilt 2. That keyboard just looks so spacious and I want to play around with a touchscreen that's not the iPhone. I don't know much about the Tilt 2 or WinMo so I'm quite hesitant to make the change.
    10-22-09 02:54 PM
    Isn't the Tilt the same as the Touch Pro2 that Verizon has?
    10-22-09 03:00 PM
    I'd much rather wait for the HD2 than the tilt 2, it's got way better specs if you are going with a WM6.x device.
    10-22-09 09:01 PM
    The HTC Tilt 2 is a better device. Try it. If you don't like it, take it back and get the 9700.
    10-22-09 10:02 PM
    The HTC Tilt 2 is a better device. Try it. If you don't like it, take it back and get the 9700.
    Yeah that's what I might just do. Sounds like a good backup plan. Getting the 9700 was my original plan when switching to AT&T.

I'd much rather wait for the HD2 than the tilt 2, it's got way better specs if you are going with a WM6.x device.
    But is the HD2 a touchscreen/slide-out qwerty combo like the Tilt? I thought it was just a touchscreen only.

Isn't the Tilt the same as the Touch Pro2 that Verizon has?
    Yeah pretty much, just different name and Tilt 2 has WinMo 6.5. Verizon's has WinMo 6.1
    10-22-09 10:50 PM
    But is the HD2 a touchscreen/slide-out qwerty combo like the Tilt? I thought it was just a touchscreen only.
    HD2 has a much larger screen and the hardware specs kill the Tilt2.
    10-22-09 11:10 PM
    HD2 has a much larger screen and the hardware specs kill the Tilt2.
    Wow, I just looked at the specs and it does kill the Tilt 2. Very impressive. Those specs have iPhone killer written all over them! HTC's website says it's in europe only. Any idea when it's coming to US and which carrier?

Only downfall for me is it's touchscreen only. I've gotta have a full qwerty too which is why I was immediately hooked on the Tilt 2. A touchscreen only device (iPhone) isn't practical in my opinion. I can't imagine typing emails/documents and texting on a screen.
    Last edited by TvTechGuru; 10-23-09 at 07:30 AM.
    10-23-09 07:22 AM
    If you mostly do email and documents, yeah I wouldn't even bother.
    10-23-09 12:34 PM
    i just switched to the tilt 2 from my bold and wow!! thats about all i can say wow this phone is amazing and now i just picked up my bold and was like please blackberry change your os, its like playing with a brick i think i may give it to my dog as a chew toy. jk bb fans i love my bold but seriously when will bb catch up i looked at the 9700 and thought i will not purchase another blackberry until they change that os compared to the tilt 2 it looks and feels ancient. also what is the HD 2
    10-24-09 09:13 PM
    Awesome phonemaster! Its interesting to see someone go from a Bold to the Tilt 2 and really like it better. That helps my decision even more.

HD2 is the iPhone killer! Go on HTC's website and check the specs, it will kill the iPhone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:49 PM
    I have 2 friends that have the TouchPro 2 both Sprint carriers, and its a well built device. The battery is great, works great and with WinMo 6.5.1 rolling out soon, it should be a contender. I just don't like WinMo 6.1 and the resistive touchscreen.
    10-25-09 03:10 AM
    yea if i dont like one thing about my tp2 is the resistive touch screen i mean it works very well actually just not a big fan of resistive but the stylus works great just annoying taking it out all the time. also i looked up the hd2 wow might be getting that phone for some fun while keeping my tp2 as a primary i dont have a big thing for virtual keyboards but i liked my iphone a lot as a toy so why not get a new high tech one with way better features.
    10-25-09 04:14 AM
    6.5.1 isn't a whole lot different really. Just some relocations on the softkey buttons, close button, more finger friendly skinning.
    10-25-09 05:28 AM
    6.5.1 isn't a whole lot different really. Just some relocations on the softkey buttons, close button, more finger friendly skinning.
    yea i toatally i agree
    10-25-09 08:46 PM
    Okay that's good to know that 6.5 isn't a huge change over 6.1

I'm now thinking of getting it on Verizon instead of AT&T. After hearing that the iPhone is congesting AT&T's network too much I would rather have better 3G quality.
    10-26-09 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD