A 1900x1700 ish 1.7mb jpeg loads basically right away. Sure if you commonly load 10000x10000 res images, have at it. I don't particularly see that as a common use case.
    05-15-09 04:36 PM
    I prefer the bold for its 3G voice clarity much more than the E71. But, when I want something slim and pocketable, E71-2 here I come!
    05-15-09 05:07 PM
    I think.. when I loaded pics on my card that were of high res taken from my dslr.. and viewed on the bold.. those pics took forever to load.. not so with the E71..

that's funny.. "modern" devices... The E71 isn't "modern" ?? The screen is very good.. yeah it is .4 inches smaller diagonally.. but the battery life is at least doubled, feels better in hand, and Pocket.. pros and cons..
    glad you love your E71
    sad that you have exaggerate to try to impress people here
    you seem to think you are the only person to have used an E71
    been there done that
    and your claim about the E71 screen makes everything else you say lose all credibility
    anyway head on over to the nearest Nokia forum and celebrate over there

in my experience the Bold had better reception..
    better sounding speakerphone
    longer lasting battery
    better call quality
    waaaay better looking screen
    more ergonomically sound
    better user interface
    thats all IMHO....
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-15-09 at 05:19 PM.
    05-15-09 05:09 PM
    Been there done that. I did not like it at all. One it was not as user friendly and then no BB friends. The silver or white model is much better than the att version. The camera was not as clear as the Curve 8900. Ther size was excellent compared to the Bold but the Bold is nice also. I don't knowq find whayts best for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:50 PM
    I just watch a two part review on the E71 on you tube... Sorry to say, but I don't dig it at all. Nothing about that looked remotely close to worth giving up my Bold for.
    05-15-09 06:57 PM
    My E71 just experienced a fatal drop. Pallet on a fork truck hooked my case and that was all she wrote. She's limping along with a cracked motherboard. Just ordered a E75 to replace her. Luckily my Bold's case was far enough back or both of them would have been flying.
    05-15-09 07:10 PM
    I think.. when I loaded pics on my card that were of high res taken from my dslr.. and viewed on the bold.. those pics took forever to load.. not so with the E71..

that's funny.. "modern" devices... The E71 isn't "modern" ?? The screen is very good.. yeah it is .4 inches smaller diagonally.. but the battery life is at least doubled, feels better in hand, and Pocket.. pros and cons..
    Well that's all goodies for you glad your happy with your phone most of here like our blackberry bold's and would change that fact but as for you saying your pics took forever to load well I can tell you iv never had any problems with my bold and my battery life tends to last me all day... And I use it mainly for internet mail and I also plug my phone into my speakers at work I use an 8GB card and I find my phone very fast my wifi on all day everyday I don't have a problem with it but beside the point this is not the nokia homepage... This home to the crackBERRY as in blackberry so you don't really need to drag it on if so find a nokia homing site your wasting valueble forum space...
    Good day and good night!!!
    Amen!

05-15-09 07:11 PM
    I had the e71 until I saw the bold. My wife now really enjoys her e71 and I would never give up my bold. The e71 does look nicer and is way easier to pocket but c'mon we all know that our crackberries do what they do better than anything else.

05-15-09 07:36 PM
    My E71 just experienced a fatal drop. Pallet on a fork truck hooked my case and that was all she wrote. She's limping along with a cracked motherboard. Just ordered a E75 to replace her. Luckily my Bold's case was far enough back or both of them would have been flying.

Was that your excuse to buy the E75? I heard the E75 is a great phone. Not sure if I can get used to the keyboard esp. with the metal piece in the middle. I guess it takes time to get used to it.

To the OP:
    As for the E71. It does not have better RF or call quality over the Bold. The Bold beats it hands down, IMO. As for the speakerphone, I don't know if your E71 is on steroids, but it is nowhere as loud as the Bold. Don't get me wrong, I love the E71. The build quality is excellent. I love the keyboard and the size. It's the thinnest smartphone out there and it definitely has a lot of pros. But not when it comes to the above.
    05-15-09 08:00 PM
    Was that your excuse to buy the E75? I heard the E75 is a great phone. Not sure if I can get used to the keyboard esp. with the metal piece in the middle. I guess it takes time to get used to it.
    I was very happy with my E71, remember I just changed the housing to the black one. I debated buying another one but couldn't resist the urge to get the latest E Series offering.

BTW Jonty is hanging out in the S60 Forums at HoFo, he has a E75 as well.
    05-15-09 08:56 PM
    I was very happy with my E71, remember I just changed the housing to the black one. I debated buying another one but couldn't resist the urge to get the latest E Series offering.

BTW Jonty is hanging out in the S60 Forums at HoFo, he has a E75 as well.

Oh yeah I forgot you did the housing change. Damn! Why fight temptation right?

Yes, I knew about Jonty picking up the E75 a couple of days ago. He is back in the S60 forum whoring it up!
    05-15-09 09:06 PM
    Any moderator thought about moving this thread out of the Bold forum?
    05-15-09 09:18 PM
    I only use the forums here when I have BB questions, normally. Bored working a double tour tonight, and now that the bars are closed and the good citizens are sleeping, I figured I'd get some entertainment here.

Crackberry rarely disappoints! The thing I don't get is how defensive people get over something as trivial as a cell phone, or carrier.
    Its a really sad and creepy obsession, and I can't fathom how people can get post counts into the many thousands by talking about a cell phone. Its not even something that is a necessity, but people act like life would cease to exist if all the cell towers shut down tomorrow.

Thanks again for showing me how ridiculous and petty humans get over something as insignificant as a cell phone.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but the vast majority of people have their priorities in the wrong place.

You can now get back to attacking each other for choice of cell phone or carrier, and keep those post counts growing! I hear you get a free ring tone at 50,000 posts.

05-16-09 03:58 AM

To the OP:
    As for the E71. It does not have better RF or call quality over the Bold. The Bold beats it hands down, IMO. As for the speakerphone, I don't know if your E71 is on steroids, but it is nowhere as loud as the Bold. Don't get me wrong, I love the E71. The build quality is excellent. I love the keyboard and the size. It's the thinnest smartphone out there and it definitely has a lot of pros. But not when it comes to the above.
    yeah I have heard that.. but side by side.. voice quality is as good as Bold on my E71.. The "loudspeaker" is VERY LOUD on my E71 and ringtones/alerts are equally "loud".. i don't know.. newer firmware, possibly Nokia fixed something.. in manufacture.. but I am telling you, it is exceptionally good..
    05-16-09 10:35 AM
    I only use the forums here when I have BB questions, normally. Bored working a double tour tonight, and now that the bars are closed and the good citizens are sleeping, I figured I'd get some entertainment here.

Crackberry rarely disappoints! The thing I don't get is how defensive people get over something as trivial as a cell phone, or carrier.
    Its a really sad and creepy obsession, and I can't fathom how people can get post counts into the many thousands by talking about a cell phone. Its not even something that is a necessity, but people act like life would cease to exist if all the cell towers shut down tomorrow.

Thanks again for showing me how ridiculous and petty humans get over something as insignificant as a cell phone.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but the vast majority of people have their priorities in the wrong place.

You can now get back to attacking each other for choice of cell phone or carrier, and keep those post counts growing! I hear you get a free ring tone at 50,000 posts.

I am just comparing and contrasting.. I have three phones.. BB Bold, Nokia E71 and iPhone.. This is a BB forum I realize but what the heck, i thought I would share my opinion with my comparison. I am not defending or being biased towards any product, I could really care less.. just posting my findings.. no biggy
    05-16-09 10:38 AM
    Oh yeah I forgot you did the housing change. Damn! Why fight temptation right?

Yes, I knew about Jonty picking up the E75 a couple of days ago. He is back in the S60 forum whoring it up!
    this is funny! LOL... I have the Black Battery cover only on my E71.. looks much better than the plain stainless..
    05-16-09 10:40 AM
    glad you love your E71
    sad that you have exaggerate to try to impress people here
    you seem to think you are the only person to have used an E71
    been there done that
    and your claim about the E71 screen makes everything else you say lose all credibility
    anyway head on over to the nearest Nokia forum and celebrate over there

in my experience the Bold had better reception..
    better sounding speakerphone
    longer lasting battery
    better call quality
    waaaay better looking screen
    more ergonomically sound
    better user interface
    thats all IMHO....
    Too funny.. don't be so defensive.. "exaggerate to impress"??
    why on earth would I want to impress you or anyone here?.. I am just stating my comparison.. I am using the E71-2 FYI.. a different phone than E71. Just to compare credibility... you saying your battery lasts longer on a Bold compared to E71-2 is just pure dilusional.. and My Claim about the screen on the E71-2 ??? I never said it was better than the Bold.. I said it was VERY good and appears much better than 320 x 240.
    jeeesh man .. give up the coffee...
    05-16-09 10:48 AM
    Hey.. I caused a stir..
    anyway.. In response to the many that have asked questions..
    see if I can get to them all..
    OKAY.. for me and this particular E71-2 with the 2.xxx firmware.
    The Battery is at least double the time of the Bold given the same tasks..
    ie. If I used the Bold with GPS on.. etc.. I would have to charge before the day is up. The Nokia it just seems to go and go.. really amazing.. maybe attributed to the lower res screen..
    Now the screen.. it is 320x240.. but appears MUCH better than it sounds.. the screen is EXCELLENT..
    It has Wifi , and a great browser..
    I have Sports Tracker installed.. I must say if you workout, track your runs, skate, bike etc.. this is the nicest app I have EVER seen.. it's free..
    also Wellness Diary.. awesome!
    Market Simplified.. for TD Ameritrade.. works great
    Google Maps of course.. with INSTANTANEOUS GPS recognition..
    Nokia Maps 3.0.. with 3d rendering.. VERY NICE
    threaded sms with Conversations
    QuickOffice.. Word, Excel editing.. very nice
    I use Nokia Mail.. with MAC and Gmail.. side by side.. the speed to the phone vs the blackberry is exactly the same time. renders HTML.. and syncs all my folders.. what more can I ask for there?? it's great
    The form Factor is slick.. in your pocket is is so much smaller than the Bold.
    Very good Voice dialing, and The Phone reads my Mail to me, SMS, etc when I'm in the car!!!!
    I have an 8gb card in, I load apps and maps to the Card.. works perfectly
    The Gallery... for songs, images etc.. is so much faster rendering data than the Bold.. Pictures on my Bold would take forever..
    Podcasting on the E71 is very cool

and of course .. the $15.. vs $30 per month is a nice treat... I'm all for keeping as much money as I can.
    OH.. PS. I have the Black stainless Back on my Unlocked E71-2.. looks great

I like quality stuff.. this is a very high quality phone. Feels great in the hand, comes with Very nice headphones, (i also have the 2.5mm converter.. it's tiny and makes absolutely no difference.. complaints of 3.5 to 2.5 mm jacks i think is way over blown.. sure would be nice NOT having to use the converter.. but really, once it is on the cable end.. I never know its' there.

My Speakerphone is excellent!! VERY loud, VERY clear.. and the call quality is the best I have ever had on a phone.. the signal is extremely strong.. everywhere.
    hmm... what else..
    oh yeah..
    It also has infrared.. syncs with my printer, and you can control audio /video equipment..

what's best is I can actually use all of the features, all day and not worry about crashes, and battery life.

Ditto on the above! I order a E71-2 from Amazon and didn't care for it at all. I believe I got a lemon... gave it a lousy review on another post. Picked up a E71x from AT&T the 2nd day they had it, liked it (no signal problem), but didn't like all the AT&T bloat ware and the fact AT&T put so many limitations on it. Looked at the new E71-2 phones on Ebay, but checked Nokia direct and found the pricing to be a little better than Ebay... Not to mention that if I was disappointed again, I could easily return it for a refund. The Nokia E71-2 from Nokia is fantastic! Reception is wonderful, etc. etc.! The ONLY complaint is that the voice dialing on the Bold is much more accurate. I realize that for the majority of BB users, a Nokia will never satisify you.

I actually grew very tired of receiving emails night and day without the ability to turn them off (must keep the phone on due to my job). With the E71-2, I have it set to deliver emails Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 6PM (no weekends) and that makes me VERY HAPPY! I manually check for emails when I want at other times. No email interuptions during the night, at meals or intimate moment (LOL!!).

The E71-2 is a great phone for me. It'll never be a Blackberry, but that's fine for me right now.
    05-16-09 11:13 AM
    Ditto on the above! I order a E71-2 from Amazon and didn't care for it at all. I believe I got a lemon... gave it a lousy review on another post. Picked up a E71x from AT&T the 2nd day they had it, liked it (no signal problem), but didn't like all the AT&T bloat ware and the fact AT&T put so many limitations on it. Looked at the new E71-2 phones on Ebay, but checked Nokia direct and found the pricing to be a little better than Ebay... Not to mention that if I was disappointed again, I could easily return it for a refund. The Nokia E71-2 from Nokia is fantastic! Reception is wonderful, etc. etc.! The ONLY complaint is that the voice dialing on the Bold is much more accurate. I realize that for the majority of BB users, a Nokia will never satisify you.

I actually grew very tired of receiving emails night and day without the ability to turn them off (must keep the phone on due to my job). With the E71-2, I have it set to deliver emails Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 6PM (no weekends) and that makes me VERY HAPPY! I manually check for emails when I want at other times. No email interuptions during the night, at meals or intimate moment (LOL!!).

The E71-2 is a great phone for me. It'll never be a Blackberry, but that's fine for me right now.
    thank you!! a sane person on this site..
    no really.. your right though.. the ability to select when you receive email is great!
    05-16-09 11:21 AM
    I had an e71 until a couple of weeks ago switched it with the storm.
    It was a great phone as far as I'm concern, typing is a particular highlight for me, it was soo much better compared any bb with the full QWERTY keyboard (I compared it with my mom's 8800, my dad's bold, and my girlfriend's javelin [8900]), I kind of miss it now, but no regret switching to the storm, it's so much more interesting with its imperfectness, but if you want a device that work well out of the box, the e71 is definitely one.
    05-20-09 11:33 PM
    sounds like an awesome phone
    05-24-09 02:08 PM
    where can i get the unlock codes for the nokia e71x. looking to try the phone out b4 i get the bold
    05-29-09 09:38 PM

After reading your post, I have decided to give it a try. Do you mind if I ask for the link to where you purchased? I am all about tecnology and truly do enjoy the way the new nokia looks. I played with one in an At and T store and all I kept thinking about was how everyone had been saying that th ephone was locked down and loaded with a bunch of crap from the carrier. I am very interested. I will probably keep my bold, but I like to have options.

Thanks
    05-31-09 04:20 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD