What a lot of people don't realize is the 'Behind the scene's' features that the Blackberry OS offers. The Security of Blackberry's OS is FAR more superior than ANY other smartphone on the market. Just do a google search and you'll see what I mean. Its not all about how flashy a phone or its OS is, its the quality that is put into the OS running the phone. As more and more people start to do mobile banking on their phone, the more and more people will realize that they need a phone with a more secure OS.
    This is not accurate. BB browser no more (or less) "secure" than any other smart phone's browser.

The "security" everyone always leans on when they speak about BB is mainly related to BES and company security like auto lock requiring passwords and wipe after 10 bad password attempts etc.
    10-15-09 09:32 AM
    This is not accurate. BB browser no more (or less) "secure" than any other smart phone's browser.

The "security" everyone always leans on when they speak about BB is mainly related to BES and company security like auto lock requiring passwords and wipe after 10 bad password attempts etc.

Speaking of security; I think if I remember it being said correctly.
    CDMA is more secure than GSM
    10-15-09 10:55 AM
    I'm a bb addict but I am a phone addict period and the htc imagio is two times better then the storm 2 I was waiting for someone to say it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 10:58 AM
    Maybe I can clear a few things up. I have had the Imagio since the 7th. I ordered it the first day I could. As with every other phone, there is a learning curve. Touchflo3d is incredible! you dont really see the winmo very much. The phone does NOT have push email. It is basically Outlook on your phone. You have to set a time period for the phone to check your mail, and bring it to your phone. Definitely not as efficient as BB. I haven't had any lag at all. Only three drawbacks, as far as I'm concerned. The calendar doesn't allow for you to send invites to appointments unless you are on an Exchange server. The blackberry uses any email account to send and receive meetings.(If any one knows of a way to do what I just described, please let me know. I'm not on any Exchange server or BES.) Second, the screen only switches to landscape in media, email and text, and browser. Third, no BBM. Its does have threaded sms, though.

On the other hand, the Storm will never have a UI like the Touchflo3d. The animations are incredible! Weather is built in to the UI, as well as a stock ticker. The themes for the Storm have come a long way, but are not even on the same continent as HTC.

Now let me qualify myself. I've had my Storm1 since week one. I'm on my second one because of dust on the screen, which I believe came from replacing my screen protector too often, causing a separation between the layers of the screen. I've installed every leaked os, and am using .230 right now. The only reason I bought the Imagio was my buying impulse. Gotta have the latest, and now! I will be getting the Storm2 the day it releases, no matter how much I love the Imagio.

Enough from me! If any one has any questions, please ask. BTW any hints from Winmo users on my "drawbacks" would be greatly appreciated.
    10-15-09 12:16 PM
    Maybe I can clear a few things up. I have had the Imagio since the 7th. I ordered it the first day I could. As with every other phone, there is a learning curve. Touchflo3d is incredible! you dont really see the winmo very much. The phone does NOT have push email. It is basically Outlook on your phone. You have to set a time period for the phone to check your mail, and bring it to your phone. Definitely not as efficient as BB. I haven't had any lag at all. Only three drawbacks, as far as I'm concerned. The calendar doesn't allow for you to send invites to appointments unless you are on an Exchange server. The blackberry uses any email account to send and receive meetings.(If any one knows of a way to do what I just described, please let me know. I'm not on any Exchange server or BES.) Second, the screen only switches to landscape in media, email and text, and browser. Third, no BBM. Its does have threaded sms, though.

On the other hand, the Storm will never have a UI like the Touchflo3d. The animations are incredible! Weather is built in to the UI, as well as a stock ticker. The themes for the Storm have come a long way, but are not even on the same continent as HTC.

Now let me qualify myself. I've had my Storm1 since week one. I'm on my second one because of dust on the screen, which I believe came from replacing my screen protector too often, causing a separation between the layers of the screen. I've installed every leaked os, and am using .230 right now. The only reason I bought the Imagio was my buying impulse. Gotta have the latest, and now! I will be getting the Storm2 the day it releases, no matter how much I love the Imagio.

Enough from me! If any one has any questions, please ask. BTW any hints from Winmo users on my "drawbacks" would be greatly appreciated.
    Get SEVEN BETA and not only will you have push email but you'll be able to sync all of your folders in your email account.
    10-15-09 12:39 PM
    Windows Live has push email natively as well as EAS.

That said, TF3d is a lot of flash, but it's missing a lot of functionality.... How about something simple like the option to delete emails from the TF3D view?...
    10-15-09 12:44 PM
    Get SEVEN BETA and not only will you have push email but you'll be able to sync all of your folders in your email account.
    I'm ok with the email, its just the calendar invites. I work at two car dealerships, and the sales managers and I use our phones to schedule my appointments for both stores. Worked great with BB, but now I can only receive appointments, not set them.
    10-15-09 12:51 PM
    Windows Live has push email natively as well as EAS.

That said, TF3d is a lot of flash, but it's missing a lot of functionality.... How about something simple like the option to delete emails from the TF3D view?...
    What is EAS? Does it help with my calendar issue?
    10-15-09 12:54 PM
    Exchange ActiveSync: Frequently Asked Questions

You need an EAS server though... You can get paid, hosted EAS servers run by 3rd parties though.
    10-15-09 01:15 PM
    Are you saying that WinMo 7 Beta is available somewhere? Where?
    10-15-09 01:56 PM
    Seven beta, not WM7.
    10-15-09 02:00 PM
    What is Seven beta?
    10-15-09 02:02 PM
    Never mind. I found seven.com.
    10-15-09 02:07 PM
    And since this thread is about the Imagio and the Storm2, which are only on Verizon, I believe, and Seven is not offered by Verizon, I don't see how it is relevant.
    10-15-09 02:08 PM
    The Imagio was a joke! I sent mine back yesterday via Fedex and I am awaiting a Storm (1) even though the Storm 2 is coming shortly I would rather have the older version of the Storm then the Imagio. New phones are great an all but let those willing to pay the extra $ deal with the headaches of owning one. When the software isn't keeping up as advertised and the service provider has to search for someone that knows what their talking about then there is an issue. Give me a Blackberry any day. Its a real smartphone. I can deal without the "kickstand" on the Imagio. Give me a break...
    10-15-09 04:03 PM
    And since this thread is about the Imagio and the Storm2, which are only on Verizon, I believe, and Seven is not offered by Verizon, I don't see how it is relevant.
    Seven is a free third party app that allows push mail to your device. It's not up to Verizon to offer this. It works for devices on all the carriers.
    10-15-09 04:08 PM
    I've never been able to understand why people attempt to force others, or even convince them, to like a phone, or not like a phone. I mean, phones are things that most people have and they're a personal choice. People choose phones because they like them, not because someone else likes them.

I like my bb storm, you might like your htc imagio. Cool. But, we don't need to make threads that try to convince each other to switch. I like what I like and if you like something else, cool , but leave me alone. Stop saying things like "but the specs are clearly better!" or "but the OS on the phone I like is soooo much smoother and cooler looking than the OS on your phone!" The point here is that I don't care. If I did care about your HTC imagio, I'll look on an HTC imagio forum for information. I'm a capable person, and I trust everyone else here is, too.

I feel it's the same thing as religion. You believe in what you want and I'll believe (or not believe, not everyone believes in god) in what I do, and that's all the more there is to it.

I just don't see the point in coming to the Storm2 forums with a new thread about a non-storm2 phone, namely the HTC imagio. Seems out of place to me.

P.S. Alenee83, GTFO.
    LOL owned. Is this chick a sales rep for htc? Her post sounded like a bad telemarketer sales pitch.
    11-13-09 01:19 AM
    I'm working on getting an Imagio for no charge. I've had 4 S!'s and a refurb S2 that didn't even work out of the box. 5 storms in 8 months? The S2 sucks as bad as the S1. Couln't even press the send button. Piece of crap. I think that's enough for me.
    11-23-09 06:18 PM
    I'm working on getting an Imagio for no charge. I've had 4 S!'s and a refurb S2 that didn't even work out of the box. 5 storms in 8 months? The S2 sucks as bad as the S1. Couln't even press the send button. Piece of crap. I think that's enough for me.
    I've never heard of "send" button failure being a widespread problem for the S2...
    11-23-09 06:19 PM
    I've never heard of "send" button failure being a widespread problem for the S2...
    Well they told me they've seen it before so that was it for me. I'm getting a new Imagio N/C after enough ********. Like I said, 5 phones in 8 months is too much for me. I've heard great things about the Imagio except for the WM issues which I am used to from my previous WM phones. It can't be worse.

Sorry to bail, but I feel like RIM bailed on me. Verizon said all the refurb work is done by RIM. They send them back "fixed" and Verizon just boxes them and send them out. As I had said earlier, 2 of them never even worked out of the box. That doesn't say much for RIM.

Any past refurbs I had for other phones always worked perfectly. That being said, I had some terrible smartphones before as well. My PALM based Treo was replaced every month for 3 months because I would just stop working. They switched me to a different phone back then as well. Some phones are just Lemons, and that's my personal experience with the storms.

I wasn't going to let Verizon off the hook (so to speak) when I spent $200 for a phone that never worked right.

At least with the Imagio, there are a ton of 3rd party apps that run on WM and a lot of WM tweakers as well. I know it has some drawbacks as well, but they all do. It's free, and if it doesn't work out, I have 30 days to change to something else.

Bye Guys and Gals. It was a nice forum.
    11-24-09 10:32 AM
    I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this, but I'm not all that fussed about touchflo. I like WinMo for what it is. The Imagio and Touch Pro 2 skinned it beyond recognition.

I know people want 30 quick ways to get to different things, but I think there's easier ways to do that without reinventing the entire OS's gui.

That's just me though. If I ever got one of these, I'd turn the touchflo off. There's other ways to get weather on my front screen that don't get in the way of what I'm already used to.
    11-25-09 02:46 AM
    BB had to re-invent their OS just to make it work, so I don't know if I'd be too quick to criticize the Touchflo. It makes the phone very enjoyable, and that's what it's reallt all about. Virtually every major reviewer loves it.
    Last edited by johncal; 11-25-09 at 10:30 AM.
    11-25-09 08:01 AM
    I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this, but I'm not all that fussed about touchflo. I like WinMo for what it is. The Imagio and Touch Pro 2 skinned it beyond recognition.
    That's pretty much all TF3d is, eye candy. It's slower to use than most other interfaces and you can't do a lot of things through TF3D itself, you have to launch the native WM6 email app for example to actually *do* things.

Personally I like spb mobile shell far, far better and it is extremely more customizable.
    11-25-09 12:28 PM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD