Want a sweet smart phone? Try out the HTC Imagio! Verizon's must have phone

WinMo 6.5 rocks, NO lag! 3.6-inch WVGA touch screen, a 528-Mhz Qualcomm processor, 512MB ROM, 256 MB of RAM, and support for GSM along with Verizon's CDMA/EV-DO network. Features TouchFlo 3D!
    Supports Vcast mobile TV, Vcast multimedia! Has wifi and EV DO Rev. A,
    3.6-inch WVGA touch screen. GORGEOUS! Animated weather on the home screen, push email, accelerometer that switches the screen from portrait to landscape mode when you rotate the phone, also, full QWARTY touch keyboard very similar to iPhone.

That's just a few of the features, I might be in love! Here I thought I would never leave bb, well...... might sell my Tour and keep the Imagio
    10-13-09 02:19 PM
    Ok... You do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 02:22 PM
    Ok... You do that.

+1 ~~~~~~~~~
    10-13-09 02:25 PM
    Ok... You do that.

Lol the specs speak the truth, its better.
    10-13-09 02:25 PM
    Too bad it has Winmo on it.
    10-13-09 02:27 PM
    Well the specs may well be better than the S2 but honestly the fact that it runs on Windows Mobile should be enough to put u off...one of the worst mobile OS's that any phone manufacturer can put on a phone...i mean you can have a super duper phone that does everything but if it runs Winmo then thats enough to put me off for life.

Saying that i wish RIM would make some more sexier devices...Winmo as an OS is pure crap but their devices are pretty nice looking.

Seriously spend a week with Winmo and you will be back to BB...**** id rather slit my own throat then have another Winmo device shoved in my hand.
    10-13-09 02:30 PM
    Add faster tabbed brower, bigger, better screen and touch interface! And the new Microsoft Marketplace for apps!
    10-13-09 02:30 PM
    Ok. Go buy it.

10-13-09 02:31 PM
    Well the specs may well be better than the S2 but honestly the fact that it runs on Windows Mobile should be enough to put u off...one of the worst mobile OS's that any phone manufacturer can put on a phone...i mean you can have a super duper phone that does everything but if it runs Winmo then thats enough to put me off for life.

Saying that i wish RIM would make some more sexier devices...Winmo as an OS is pure crap but their devices are pretty nice looking.

Seriously spend a week with Winmo and you will be back to BB...**** id rather slit my own throat then have another Winmo device shoved in my hand.
    WinMo 6.5 is supposed to be MUCH better then past builds! Super quick, smooth and lag free! Its pure sexiness!
    10-13-09 02:32 PM
    I'll try them both out but i'm partial to the bb OS that constantly freezes...
    Add faster tabbed brower, bigger, better screen and touch interface! And the new Microsoft Marketplace for apps!
    Yeh but all that great tech and it still runs Winmo...thats the problem there.

But hey good luck if you get it...you will definitely need it...get used to having a 3 sec delay before your phone even rings
    Ok. Go buy it.

I did! It makes ANY storm look like trash! Just the basics that are on this phone, that should be on any smartphone especially a BB, BLOW the storm away!
    10-13-09 02:33 PM
    I've never been able to understand why people attempt to force others, or even convince them, to like a phone, or not like a phone. I mean, phones are things that most people have and they're a personal choice. People choose phones because they like them, not because someone else likes them.

I like my bb storm, you might like your htc imagio. Cool. But, we don't need to make threads that try to convince each other to switch. I like what I like and if you like something else, cool , but leave me alone. Stop saying things like "but the specs are clearly better!" or "but the OS on the phone I like is soooo much smoother and cooler looking than the OS on your phone!" The point here is that I don't care. If I did care about your HTC imagio, I'll look on an HTC imagio forum for information. I'm a capable person, and I trust everyone else here is, too.

I feel it's the same thing as religion. You believe in what you want and I'll believe (or not believe, not everyone believes in god) in what I do, and that's all the more there is to it.

I just don't see the point in coming to the Storm2 forums with a new thread about a non-storm2 phone, namely the HTC imagio. Seems out of place to me.

P.S. Alenee83, GTFO.
    Last edited by DessVZW; 10-13-09 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I wanted to tell Alenee83 to GTFO.
    10-13-09 02:33 PM
    My imagio is in a box somewhere between here and verizon. GOING BACK. It lagged like no other. I wasn't impressed with 6.5 at all.

And how exactly do you know it is better than a phone you have never touched?
    10-13-09 02:34 PM
    It's a nice phone, but I read reviews that apps are slow after initial start up. Plus, no real app store which is what a lot of folks are looking for these days as part of a good smart phone. A reason why Apple and RIM have the majority of the market - loyal followers. Or blind lemmings, whichever you want to call them
    10-13-09 02:34 PM
    WinMo 6.5 is supposed to be MUCH better then past builds! Super quick, smooth and lag free! Its pure sexiness!
    No it isnt...ive used one for about a week, Samsung i8000 which had Winmo 6.5...its still utter rubbish honestly...maybe winmo 7 will be better if it gets out but 6.5 just looks prettier but isnt much faster than the previous builds.
    10-13-09 02:36 PM
    I've never been able to understand why people attempt to force others, or even convince them, to like a phone, or not like a phone. I mean, phones are things that most people have and they're a personal choice. People choose phones because they like them, not because someone else likes them.

I like my bb storm, you might like your htc imagio. Cool. But, we don't need to make threads that try to convince each other to switch. I like what I like and if you like something else, cool , but leave me alone. Stop saying things like "but the specs are clearly better!" or "but the OS on the phone I like is soooo much smoother and cooler looking than the OS on your phone!" The point here is that I don't care. If I did care about your HTC imagio, I'll look on an HTC imagio forum for information. I'm a capable person, and I trust everyone else here is, too.

I feel it's the same thing as religion. You believe in what you want and I'll believe (or not believe, not everyone believes in god) in what I do, and that's all the more there is to it.

I just don't see the point in coming to the Storm2 forums with a new thread about a non-storm2 phone, namely the HTC imagio. Seems out of place to me.

P.S. Alenee83, GTFO.
    This phone kinda came out under the radar, and if I hadnt looked at the VZW page up PDA/SMARTPHONES, I wouldn't have know that such a gem existed!

Dude, I dont know what issues you may have had with your Imagio, but I can tell you mine is FANTASTIC and does not lag. Just like with bb, some people get a bad apple.
    10-13-09 02:39 PM

P.S. Alenee83, GTFO.
    Well put. Seriously, she sounds like a salesperson. This is why I walk into most stores wearing earphones.
    10-13-09 02:40 PM
    Well put. Seriously, she sounds like a salesperson. This is why I walk into most stores wearing earphones.
    Im a nurse actually....
    10-13-09 02:42 PM
    Im a nurse actually....
    I didn't say you were a salesperson...
    10-13-09 02:43 PM
    Im a nurse actually....
    And god does it show.
    10-13-09 02:44 PM
    I switched from a WinMo phone to a Blackberry and honestly I wouldn't go back.

Both OSs have their pros and cons but I'd much rather deal with the cons of the BB. My personal experience was that it lagged ALOT. I'd also rather put up with the random pulls I have to do then wait forever for my phone to go from one screen to the other.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. The thing is you're making a comparison based on specs not on actual functionality. I mean, the phone has yet to be officially acknowledged as an actual product to be sold by RIM or VZW. Personally, I'd rather wait for the reviews of the general public vs critics.

That's just my 2 cents.
    10-13-09 02:45 PM
    Want a sweet smart phone? Try out the HTC Imagio! Verizon's must have phone

WinMo 6.5 rocks, NO lag!
    Gotta disagree--IMO WinMo SUCKS!!

Now go away. hang out at the HTC forums
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    And god does it show.
    How so?????
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    I might have considered looking at that phone but I really don't like resistive screens. If it were capacitive, I would. But, no thanks, enjoy ur new phone!

10-13-09 02:48 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD