Hey, I'm selling my i760. Anyone know how to completely wipe the phone so none of my information stays, or can be recovered? Thanks!
    12-22-08 09:37 AM
    Hey, I'm selling my i760. Anyone know how to completely wipe the phone so none of my information stays, or can be recovered? Thanks!
    i got this off another forum. i don't have the phone but it seemed like this may help you...

"Originally Posted by allgoodpeople
    1) To do a software hard reset, you have to go in and set a password in your phone lock settings in the WM Settings menu. for some reason the WM software hard reset function will not let you do a hard reset unless you enter an actual password - a blank field will not be accepted. once you enter a password for your phone lock function, go back into the software hard reset section and when it asks for the password, enter it then.

2) in terms of buttons, i found i had to do the following to get it to hard reset using the hardware buttons:

* press the select button (center of the d-pad) and hold it
    * press the red hard reset button using your stylus, and hold it
    * keep both pressed for a good pause - i count to 10-one-thousand, just to be safe
    * release the red hard reset button first
    * release the d-pad select button last

this very specific sequence of button presses seems to work for me, and is the only way i have been able to do hard resets. the manual and other guides to hard resetting make it sound like if you just press the two buttons at the same time and release simultaneously it will do a hard reset, but that has not been my experience.

hope this helps!"
    12-23-08 06:53 AM
    Here's three more pieces of info

How do I hard reset my i760 to factory settings?

Hold the red reset button found directly below the left soft key on the slide out keyboard and the center button (Action Key) of the four way cursor for a few seconds simultaneously, after holding for a few seconds release the reset button first.

Second option is in the WM6 software, go to Phone Settings found in the System settings area, and use the Clear All Data function. This will clear all data and applications stored within the phones internal memory, but retains previous phone settings and preferences.

For more information on hard resets, check out this thread: Hard Reset question - PDAPhoneHome.com
    Last edited by iProb8 : 05-25-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: adding link to thread discussing hard resets

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the slide out keypad, press the little red reset button while holding the D pad key. Do not release the Dpad key until the message is displayed "Do you want to clear memory". At that time press "yes"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another way to do it is to click on settings, then phone. From there click the Security tab and then clear all data. This will remove all user data, installed programs, and phone settings.
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-23-08 at 07:02 AM.
    12-23-08 06:59 AM
    that's a large-azz phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 08:42 AM
    PM me...i might be looking for one after the holidays if you dont sell it
    12-25-08 12:50 AM
    Hi,
    I'm considering dumping my i760 for the Storm...never been a BB user, always WinMo. How do you like the Storm? Am I going to miss my i760?
    Thanks for any input...
    Scott
    02-05-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD