Hey everyone....was just wondering if anyone out there has explored HTC's new TOUCH PRO 2. I saw somehwere that it is GSM only. I have Verizon and am dying to get this phone. Does anyone know if it'll work on the Verizon network?? Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
    05-18-09 01:05 PM
    Hey everyone....was just wondering if anyone out there has explored HTC's new TOUCH PRO 2. I saw somehwere that it is GSM only. I have Verizon and am dying to get this phone. Does anyone know if it'll work on the Verizon network?? Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
    You have a lot of homework to do!

Check out the xda forums and also google Touch Pro 2

It should be out for TMOBILE WOO on July 1st or the 22nd. Diamond 2 is already out in the UK, dunno who gets that in the US.

Of course it will spread to CDMA providers at some point as well since they don't make gsm only phones. Early rumors said that some would have dual technology radios for cdma and gsm, but idk maybe I heard that wrong. As far as I know, it's strictly one or the other now.

Also, the Touch Pro gsm models had some better hardware then the cdma models, but maybe that's changed now, but ya you will have to wait a while if you want it on cdma unless you buy one from the UK, because the UK will probably receive the cdma version and gsm version when the gsm version debuts here in the US
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-18-09 at 01:24 PM.
    05-18-09 01:21 PM
    Noooo Sprint is getting this as well. It may be coming to VZW maybe the 4th
    qrtr of this year.............
    It has me thinking of switching back to win mo.
    Here is the link now go and salivate.......................................... .......

PDAlist: CDMA Phones | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
    05-22-09 05:23 PM
    Engadget already posted a Sprint Version of the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:23 PM
    Everyone is getting this phone in the states. Sprint and T-Mobile were the first leaked confirmations. A Verizon one was spotted over on Engadget. And the AT&T roadmap just leaked this past Sunday showed the HTC Fortress coming out in August possibly, otherwise known as the HTC Pro 2. Of course, AT&T's is this ugly red keyboard color.... :-/
    05-27-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD