THe Life-drive has been discontinued. IT is an excellent PDA. I really hope that palm continues its excellent line of PDAs but doubt it...

So do you think this is the end to the Standalone PDA?
    05-08-07 12:39 AM
    I think they are slowly dying out, as more and more cells offer the same capabilities. It's just much easier to carry one device for everything.
    05-08-07 03:36 AM
    I certainly think they are dying out! I just don't think people want to carry two devices anymore.

That was my initial thing back in 2000, I was tired of having two devices, but I wanted all my data (contact, calendar, etc) with me at all times...
    05-08-07 08:16 AM
    I've thought about going back to a regular cell and having a seperate PDA for my calender, notes, etc. But then I remember that since the last stroke, my brain isn't working all that well anymore and take my meds, after about 15 minutes I'm back to normal again.
    05-08-07 08:20 AM
    I own a Palmone Life Drive too, it is a great device and I can carry my office with me where ever I go. I think palm will not be in the handheld market anymore, just smart phones and the new Foleo which seems to make you purchase that along with a smartphone instead of putting it on one device.

My blackberry 8800 will not receive bluetooth items from the life drive, so i synchronize it with my computer so that both devices have the same information.

All in all both devices have great features to offer a mobile biz professional.
    06-10-07 10:19 AM
    It really seems the stand alone pda is about to go.
    More people want less products with them, think I'm a bit different though,lol!
    I get more and more products Have a seperate pda, cell phone and now a bb as well
    Gotta say, love gadgets!
    08-20-07 10:22 AM
    I don't know if they're dying out or not, but I know they did for me. I was a PDA person for years and loved my Dell Axim UNTIL I could combine it all into a tiny Pearl, where I used to carry a brick of an Axim and a regular cell phone. I prefer the consolidation, but for me, it had to wait till it could be very small. The Pearl was my "eureka!" device.
    08-20-07 11:20 AM
    They still make standalone PDAs?
    08-20-07 11:36 AM
    PDA's are history. I know they cool in some way but every smartphone can do same and more as PDA...
    08-20-07 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD