Hi I'm looking at the Nokia e71 as I'm tied into a deal with a network where I can't get a Blackberry. I've read rumors you can get blackberry messenger on a nokia smartphone, I know this has probably been asked before but is this possible???

PLEASE HELP!!
    02-06-09 08:11 AM
    No, not yet!
    We are waiting on the BB application suite for the E71.
    Or at least BB Connect (which doesn't have BB mgr)

Todd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 10:45 AM
    Are you still waiting?
    05-21-09 10:26 AM
    Its probably not going to happen. Seems that Nokia is distancing themselves away from Blackberry as they already have their own push mail application at email.nokia.com and PTT.

05-21-09 10:49 AM
    Generally, I do not reply on these Forums. However, I just wanted to let you know, my best friend has the Nokia E71 and he has and does use Black Berry Messenger on his Nokia. The BlackBerry Messenger application came on his phone at the time of purchase, and was one of the reasons why he purchased the Nokia.

Having said that, while Im not certain of your geographic location, we are in Western Canada. Since his purchase of the E71, I have also bought the E71 and we frequently communicate using the BBM, on the Nokia E71.

Just thought Id let you know (incase you are in Canada, or still looking for the App BBM for Nokia.)

Now, if you had to download the BBM App for the Nokia, Im not sure where this can be located.

Thanks,

Are you still waiting?
    01-05-10 01:39 PM
    My sister has a Nokia E-63 and the messenger it has is called Ovi, and her contacts are only other Nokia running on OS Symbian S60, although I heard it's also available on S40. The rest of my family have BlackBerry and none of us could add her. Maybe that's why you can connect with your friend, because of the same platform. But to me that's not a pin.

01-07-10 12:38 AM
    There is absolutely no BBM for any platform but BlackBerry.

If you claim to be running it on a different device, let's see some screenshots and a picture of your device with it running.
    02-25-10 07:16 AM
    Notice that was the only post CHOMPGATOR has ever made. Total fabrication obviously, as BBM cannot be used on anything but a BlackBerry, period.
    02-26-10 11:43 AM
    BBM does not work on S60 however when there was BB Connect support a couple of years back, I believe you could to pin to pin messaging.

03-14-10 09:52 PM
    According to the BB connect doc on RIM, pin messaging is not supported.
    03-15-10 01:37 PM
    It would be nice if you could get BBM on the Nokia E-71.

04-27-10 12:03 PM
    It would be nice, but still NGH. If you want BBM, get a BlackBerry. You'll be glad you did.
    04-27-10 12:41 PM
    Well there were rumors flying that u were gonna be able to put the bb os on the phone like windows mobile u can throw the bb os on

05-16-10 12:10 PM
    I have an e71 in western canada and there is absolutely no way that you can use BBM. What a ****** whoever suggested that! I asked 4 different cell companies in person and emailed a bunch of people and there is no access to the RIM server from anyone except blackberry devices....I hear hackers are always trying and things are potentially in the works but why would bberry let that happen? BBM is one of the biggest drawcards for Bberry....
    12-12-10 12:35 AM
    Hi I'm looking at the Nokia e71 as I'm tied into a deal with a network where I can't get a Blackberry. I've read rumors you can get blackberry messenger on a nokia smartphone, I know this has probably been asked before but is this possible???

PLEASE HELP!!
    09-24-13 12:39 PM
    Simple. Get a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD