Like a bunch of you, I've been reading up on the Droid and thinking about upgrading from my Storm to that instead of a Storm2.

But I pay for my own Hosted Exchange account with BES and I've been concerned about if the Droid would give me the same synchronization and push email using ActiveSync that I get now with BES.

I was very surprised to just read on a Microsoft page about ActiveSync that the latest version adds support for syncing Tasks, so now AS does email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. But, it does not sync Notes.

OTOH, BES syncs all of the above. My Storm gets all my email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes, just as I enter them in my Outlook.

It seems really odd that Microsoft's own product (ActiveSync) would not provide as complete support for syncing Outlook to a WinMo phone as RIM's BES does for syncing Outlook to a BlackBerry.

I use Notes a lot, so that's a definite strike against the Droid, in favor of sticking with my Storm (or getting a Storm2).
    10-26-09 04:50 PM
    Also, just FYI, I was really surprised to read that ActiveSync supports Direct Push email when connected over a cellular network, but NOT when connected via WiFi!

I don't know about BES, but I would *guess* that direct push from a BES still works, even if your only connection to the BES is via WiFi.
    10-26-09 04:51 PM
    10-26-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD