Ok, in the military and moved from KS to VA. Service with Alltel went downhill real fast: dropped calls, inability to text on wife's phone, roaming all the time. Called Alltel up today to try and get some answers and after explaining to the operator what was going on, she got quiet. When I asked if she was there, she said she was and that she was cancelling my contract because I was getting poor service and she couldn't tell me when Verizon would pick up in my area. So long story short, I am looking to renegotiate with another provider for better (cheaper) service. Looking mainly at the Mytouch 3g from T-Mobile. Also considering the Palm Pre. Any suggestions? I am as interested in advice and issues with the providers as I am with the phones themselves. Thanks in advance.

O.
    08-05-09 05:17 AM
    I think you should ask people in your area what service is the best before you sign up with another
    08-05-09 06:59 AM
    Sounds like a good idea. Guess I was wondering if anyone had any info that might help in the decision. Thanks though.
    08-05-09 10:53 AM
    Samsung Stripe is a pretty good phone, jk

Even though I'm a TMO customer, I really like the whole everything plan for only 100 a month from sprint. Compared to other providers thats pretty good and you never have to worry about going over for anything. You said that you were looking at either a myTouch or Pre and I'm wondering if you're a fan of android because I heard some rumors about the HTC Hero going to Sprint and you might want to wait for that if you're a fan of both android and sprint.
    08-20-09 08:23 AM
    Sprints going to be your best bet for the cheapest bill but check around the base and see what everyone is using and what they think of the coverage.
    08-22-09 08:21 PM
    Definitely interested in Android, TKDonkey. And today, when CB blogged about the release date of the Storm 2, they also, albeit inadvertantly, showed the Motorola Sholes is set to release in late October. So I think that may have helped me make up my mind. lol
    08-23-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD