I am sharing an Alltel plan with my girlfriend right now. We currently have no data, just the National Freedom 900 with 10 MyCircle and the MyCircle message packs. I have been considering getting an 8703 on eBay to use as my source of communication over the summer (since my family does not have high speed internet) when I am home from college, however I have been told that I would have to pay $45 a month just to have a blackberry on my plan, plus the cost of the data plan on top of that. Is there any way I can have it with just the Connect Pack 3 (that is the one with unlimited mobile web, data minutes and messaging)? Or would I have to get a different phone to do that? I have a Scoop right now but I really want something with a fast internet connection.
    03-18-09 09:01 AM
    You have to get the blacberry data plan or they will not activate the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 08:45 PM
    I am with alltel and I have 2 blackberry devices on their smartphone plan. I had to have one of their smartphone plans for our bbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:16 PM
    I have no real problem paying $40 a month for the blackberry, as I use it FAR more as a mobile computer than I do for phone calls. I like having 'unlimited' (a misnomer really I know) data, text, photo, video.

I want to know if I can use that data plan to connect my netbook thru my curve inclusively w/o extra charge?
    07-05-09 12:47 PM
    Taking a look at the Alltel site shows a 500 minute plan that includes unlimited data and also includes BIS, that would probably be your best bet.

You would probably be better off posting over in the Alltel sub forum to get better answers.
    Last edited by boomhower1820; 07-05-09 at 03:20 PM.
    07-05-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD