i guess they fired a few employees because they were talking about what they knew about the phone.
    here is the article from crunchgear

Everyone, take notice: Sprint is very serious about not letting any tantalizing details leak about the upcoming Palm Pre. Apparently, the struggling wireless carrier cannot afford having any good, free press wrote about them. From what we hear, at least three retail employees have been let go for speaking about the Palm Pre outside the store�s walls.

The employees violated an NDA signed during the hiring process and therefore had to be let go. It�s dumbfounding that a company would lock down info so tight about a product that has already been announced, handled, and in the wild anyway. We pretty much know everything about the Palm Pre at this point besides the price and release date. And even that info doesn�t seem that important in the long run to fire people over. I mean, we�re going to find out about it eventually anyway.
    05-06-09 06:19 PM
    That's just ridiculous that sprint takes it that far..especially over the pre...now the 9630 diff story. But only if it was good dirt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:55 PM
    There is probably more to it than you know, and we know how biased many media sources can be.

05-06-09 08:42 PM
    Lol. Sprint is laughable. This is just a marketing ploy, probably never happened.

05-06-09 09:26 PM
    heres an article from 07 about leaking info and working for sprint

Sprint: Sprint/Nextel Will Fire Any Employee Caught Participating In Blogs
    05-06-09 09:44 PM
    Many companies will do that same thing. I used to work for directv and signed a similar policy. Its part of the industry. Its a contract so if they did discuss it, they broke their contract with the company and should have been fired. Heck even when I worked at mickey d's back in the day there was a clause stating employees agreed not to discuss trade secrets or take a second job at a competitors business. Its part of being a responsible adult and keeping the promise you agreed to when that paper was signed. So sprint has done nothing wrong.

05-06-09 10:57 PM
    When I worked for comcast they wanted us to tell everybody about new products.
    Its like free advertising

05-07-09 12:08 AM
    Well, take a look at the current jobs climate. Don't see too many businesses putting up with rule-breaking these days, and I wouldn't expect it to get any better. The talent pool is mighty deep these days.

05-07-09 01:18 AM
    Sprint needs to buy a clue...the Pre hype reminds me of the hype they generated with the instink...and we all know where that went...

Release the hotness...9630 niagara tour, etc
    05-07-09 01:32 AM
    When I worked for comcast they wanted us to tell everybody about new products.
    Its like free advertising

Why would comcast care in the end? They are one of the most corrupt companies out there and with the large amount of legal monopolies they have on cable service in most areas you really have no choice half the time...

We have a saying in tallahassee for those of us who dont have the ability to get satallite.. its comcrapstic
    Last edited by numus; 05-07-09 at 09:27 AM.
    05-07-09 09:20 AM
    Numus I feel your pain.
    I was just recently laid off from them and I cannot wait for verizon fios to come to my area.
    I agree they are in a lot of places that nobody else can reach.
    I guess that's job security

What do you mean about legal monopolies

05-07-09 09:26 AM
    Numus I feel your pain.
    I was just recently laid off from them and I cannot wait for verizon fios to come to my area.
    I agree they are in a lot of places that nobody else can reach.
    I guess that's job security

What do you mean about legal monopolies

Almost all utilties are monopolies (Electricity, water, cable, gas). The reason is because of infrastructure costs and accessability. Imagine if you had a choice of which company to go with for electricity. All the companies would have to run their own lines everywhere so you could choose what service to go with, along with run their own power plants, ect. It is the same concept for cable companies.. they are given contracts to run the lines and supply the service for cable internet and tv... you have no other choice but to use them or go with satallite.. now satallite is not avalible everywhere (south facing, no obstructions) so some people (like me) have 2 options, Go with comcast or get some rabbit ears. this is a legal (usually called natural) monopoly... Now comcast has been cited many times by the FCC and other agencies for unfair business practicies (raising prices in certain markets for no real reason) along with bandwidth throttling and network shaping... But in the end there is nothing we can really do about it...
    05-07-09 09:36 AM
    Why would comcast care in the end? They are one of the most corrupt companies out there and with the large amount of legal monopolies they have on cable service in most areas you really have no choice half the time...

We have a saying in tallahassee for those of us who dont have the ability to get satallite.. its comcrapstic
    I agree completely, in my area Comcast's network is so unreliable, it has been down hours a day for months. I use DSL from a regional telco and have no TV service. I doubt anything could get me to use Comcast service.

But about firing people over breaching, NDA, I see no issue with that. I don't understand why it's wrong for companies to want to defend their IP.
    Last edited by dusteater; 05-07-09 at 10:24 AM.
    05-07-09 10:21 AM
    Most employees really don't understand a NDA clause, especially if they are young. Its like if you work for a fast food chain you "hook up" you friends with food. They don't see this a stealing. The higher up in a company you are, they more info you get and the more private it becomes.
    05-07-09 10:32 AM
    Most employees really don't understand a NDA clause, especially if they are young. Its like if you work for a fast food chain you "hook up" you friends with food. They don't see this a stealing. The higher up in a company you are, they more info you get and the more private it becomes.
    It also can toe the line of insider trading if someone knows something big is going to happen and what its likely ramifacations are to the corporation and buy and/or sell stocks based on this information...
    05-07-09 11:15 AM
    that seems ridiculous when they have a open forum that employees post on thats managed by sprint
    05-07-09 01:21 PM
    Well, these people did in fact sign an agreement that states "Employees will be investigated and fired if caught participating in online blogs and/or forums", then willingly spilled their guts on an open forum anyway, so.....yeah.

If you get caught breaching your employer's privacy policy, then your gonna get fired, period. In my line of work, a violation of my employers security would mean doing time in federal prison.
    05-08-09 01:30 PM
    In my line of work, a violation of my employers security would mean doing time in federal prison.
    Ouch.. in my line of work, a violation kinda like this would result only with doing time in state prison... well it might be federal prison depending on what licensee we are talking about...
    05-08-09 01:52 PM
    For get the pre!

05-12-09 12:35 AM
    that seems ridiculous when they have a open forum that employees post on thats managed by sprint
    You said it right there- it's Sprints and if you notice, depending on the device, sometimes they have a lot to say; other times they're pretty closed mouth and you end up knowing less than before you started out.
    05-12-09 01:14 AM
    At the end of the day its just a cell phone...

05-15-09 06:02 AM
    For get the pre!
    Forget the pre!
    There....fixed that for ya. It's not Palm's fault that Sprint is actually enforcing their company policies.
    05-15-09 12:09 PM
    At the end of the day its just a cell phone...

yes that is true but it may be palm's last stand for a cellphone and a big selling point for sprint who is continously not doing that well quarter after quarter.
    05-15-09 01:29 PM
    I haven't seen anything about how this is happening in countless other organizations.
    CIA Employee
    Freelance Political Blogger
    Google Blogger

(that was just a quick google search to find those examples. There are countless more, and more apt ones)

When I was 18, I was in a training course for Blockbuster and they told a story of some employee who was robbed, then chased and tackled the perpetrator. In response he was fired under the policy to not be a hero and give anyone with a gun what they want. I always believed that this was a made up story. People in Kansas City said it was an employee in Boston. Boston said it happened in LA. LA said it happened in Atlanta. Etc. I never thought this was a true story. Just one to scare us from being killed if ever we were robbed.

But blogging bad about your company is true. In many cases, it doesn't has to be bad, just personal.
    05-15-09 06:26 PM
    Remember Sprint is not the only corp involved in this release....Palm is too. Where the NDA is concerned it's coming from both sides...Sprint must be faithful to Palm and Palm to Sprint as well as all employees from both companies.
    05-16-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD