aight so im curious just how many of you bb users went out and bought one today...
    post a comment and your initial feelings after owning it for just a little bit.
    06-06-09 10:05 AM
    My girlfriend and I both switched from storms to pre's.. The pre is outstanding!!
    06-06-09 10:20 AM
    My Local stores have only sold a few devices. They still have many in stock around where I live.
    06-06-09 10:22 AM
    My girlfriend and I both switched from storms to pre's.. The pre is outstanding!!
    Let me know how the coverage with Sprint is in your area, compared to VZW.
    06-06-09 10:23 AM
    Palm Pre sales so far this mornign are very low. sprint stores around cleveland ohio where I live still have a bunch in stock
    06-06-09 10:30 AM
    i have a few in stock right now but the drop ship orders for them have gone by super quick. i think that most people would rather defer the phone to their bill. in less than a half hour i watched the available drop ship phones drop over 1000 phones. given thats nation wide though. im not sure that the gen public was totally aware that the stores opened at 8 tho.

i only had 2 customers here from 8-10....not like that was worth opening that early. but o well.

n e ways hows the pre treating any of you that have purchased em so far? is it what you thought it would be? whats good and bad...lets get some early reviews goin
    06-06-09 10:52 AM
    It's 8AM... people do sleep in on Saturdays...
    06-06-09 11:14 AM
    hater. ;-)
    06-06-09 11:20 AM
    I got here at 10, and have just been handed a number and told there is a 2 hour wait O.o. I'm in the Sacramento area

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 12:16 PM
    I work at best buy and we only had 2 come in. But both were sold in a few minutes. I'm in NC

06-06-09 01:06 PM
    the stores im associated with are ranked
    66th in the nation for indirect retailers so we were allocated more than most stores.
    we had two out (spoken for by customers in store) right when i opened the door
    06-06-09 01:33 PM
    Very good device. I'm surprised... in the store, it sucked. Of course I like to waste $$$ and bought it even though I didn't like it much in the store and realized the store had it set to keep bringing up the demo. Good device... just needs an expandable memory slot of more internal memory. You start off with 7.2GBs.
    06-06-09 02:49 PM
    Give it a while and let us know what you think. It would nice to get an unbiased opinion from a Storm user without an axe to grind.

That said, I ain't holding my breath in anticipation...
    06-06-09 03:02 PM

I got mine this morning. I got to the the store at 7:30 and was 9th in line.

I like it so far. I have a few complaints but it's pretty good for a 1.0 phone.
    06-06-09 03:07 PM
    I got mine this morning. I must say, I was involved with the craziness that surrounde the Storm when it was released. The Sprint store nearest me in the Bay Area of California ran the launch of the Pre extremely well. They did sell out of their stock their. I was number 42, and I would have to say when I was leaving there was probably still a dozen people in line as well as seven (that's how many sales people/windows they had going), and some of those were getting more then one Pre.

I am loving it so far. I have had a Treo on Sprint since the Treo 300 years ago.

Jason
    Last edited by SFWD1934; 06-06-09 at 03:18 PM.
    06-06-09 03:08 PM
    Give it a while and let us know what you think. It would nice to get an unbiased opinion from a Storm user without an axe to grind.
    I haven't used a storm since December so my experience with it included random reboots, slow accelerometer, clunkiness, etc.

Out of the box, the launch pre is better than the launch storm. Period. Everything works. I can't say anything is really broken. WebOS simply rocks. App launching isn't as snappy as a treo 650 but it's not slow. The os has many|all of the iphone gestures you thought the storm would have on day one but didnt: flick, pinch, etc. The keyboard on the pre is a little on the sucky side but I'll take a crappy physical keyboard over SureJunk any day. The browser experience is very close to the iphone. I have a ipod touch and plan to test them over wifi soon.

The build of the storm is way more solid than the pre. I wouldn't be surprised if the pre was designed by General Motors!!! The cheap feeling plastic squeaks and gives all over the place. I don't like the fact that the pre doesnt come with send or end buttons. Blackberry users will miss the option button and back button. After a day, I get tired of doing the back gesture on the pre. You simply need more presses/gestures on a pre than a trackball bb.

I can't give a review after spending less than a day with the device. I can say that with the right updates and 3rd party apps, the pre can be the 2nd best smart phone. I dont know that the pre's app support will ever rival the iphone's though.

I think the bb curve's option-button+trackball+back-button combo is still the best interface for productivity though. I tried to replace my curve a few times already and keep going back to it. If the pre doesnt get tethering soon, it will definitely go back.
    06-06-09 03:28 PM
    I got mine this morning in norwalk ct. I live in ny but work in westport. The best buy only had two and I was third in line :-( I called 3 nearby best buys and they were all sold out. So I sucked it up and went to the sprint store. 45 minutes later I walked out with my Pre and I couldn't be happier!
    06-06-09 03:56 PM
    I got mine this morning in norwalk ct.
    glad your happy with it. Did it come pre-loaded with the update? 1.02 I think it is? Or did you have to OTA install?

06-06-09 04:17 PM

Well, so far I'm finding the OS exciting....the hardware-not so much. I popped into radioshack at 9am this morning and they had just 2 so I snagged the first one. I'm pretty hooked on my Bold (and AT&T) so I only intend to keep it for a few days to get over my 6 month curiosity about the thing.
    I've used Palm and Windows Mobile in the past but I think the combination of the gestures, flicking, etc as well as the tight keyboard are a bit much- my right wrist is killing me!
    Just updated to 1.0.2 and it seems a bit snappier. I think for now, it competing with the iPhone. When the Eos comes out with the similar form factor to Blackberry, then we'll see how that goes.
    06-06-09 04:24 PM
    i got 2 for free
    06-06-09 04:29 PM
    I have a curve and I just bought a pre....i love it so far!.....the web experience is much better, faster, crisper....html email without pressing buttons is great plus i could stream (but not download) large mp3 attachments (im a dj so lables and artists are constantly sending me music)....my girlfriend loves the monk episodes on sprint tv....universal search is very nice....the keyboard is just ok but very usable....but im just scratching the surface on this phone ive only had it a few hours...
    06-06-09 04:58 PM
    i got 2 for free
    WHAT!?!?!?!? how
    06-06-09 05:43 PM
    WHAT!?!?!?!? how
    cause i got the hook ups
    06-06-09 05:52 PM
    glad your happy with it. Did it come pre-loaded with the update? 1.02 I think it is? Or did you have to OTA install?

Had to do it OTA. Only took about 30 minutes over EVDO.

I'm really happy with it. I said in january I had no interest in the pre, but boy am I eating my words! Better than the storm a hundred times over.
    06-06-09 06:01 PM
    Had to do it OTA. Only took about 30 minutes over EVDO.

I'm really happy with it. I said in january I had no interest in the pre, but boy am I eating my words! Better than the storm a hundred times over.
    The day one pre is better than the 6 month old storm. How bad is that!??!?! lol
    06-06-09 06:42 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD