I really prefer an HD2 like device, with an onscreen keyboard that supports chorded typing and third-party autocorrect. But still, my favorite form factor remains a portrait QWERTY. A revamped Pixi is in order, since the Plus is just the original + WIFI.

I'd love to see a VGA screen, as svelte as the Dell Smoke

MSM8260, or at least MSM7230. Haven't tried the keyboard, but I'm sure it's not as nice as the BB 8900's. I'll probably end up liking it more due to the dedicated punctuation keys for period and comma. Of course, the 3.5mm jack should be carried over as well.

I know a full-screen face has so many more advantages, but it's really hard to choose between a near-tablet and a portrait QWERTY considering the same OS and different pricing. A portrait QWERTY like the Smoke has a professional demeanor that's just too good looking to not consider.
    04-23-10 01:30 AM
    Whichever company ends up purchasing Palm will probably dictate how the next webOs phone looks.

I doubt Palm can release a new handset on their own at this point...
    04-23-10 12:54 PM
    I actually like the form factor of the current Palm devices - but hopefully they can improve on the keyboard a bit, perhaps adding some more spacing to make it easier to type on...
    04-24-10 05:11 AM
    The Treo Pro which is pretty old had a better form factor...

(a lot better)

Imo the pre/pixi was a big step backwards.
    04-26-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD