Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Welcome me to the fold, Palm brothers and sisters

I just ordered the Palm Pre for myself. Have a Storm at the moment.

One of the main reasons I switched was because I'm not thrilled with typing on the screen with the Storm. I understand that the Pre keyboard is small. I do have small hands - even compared with most women my hands are small...

So I'm hoping I'll like the typing on it. Got the 30 day return/exchange so I hope I can switch over to the Tour perhaps if the Pre really sucks.

Anyways... here I am.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3058F783

Default Welcome

Jeff-
    Ive got the Storm and the Pre and so far, Im really liking the Pre over the Storm
    '
    One down side is the Sprint network doesnt really compare well to the Verizon one.

The best will be if and when a Palm Pre with sim card and SD card slots comes out on verizon. Then it will be Gold.

Also, a new OS update just came out yesterday so wehn you get your Pre, load it up.

Enjoy and welcome
    Stormin around the Globe
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dd214 View Post
    One down side is the Sprint network doesn't really compare well to the Verizon one.

Enjoy and welcome
    how so, i had Verizon before sprint and my reception with Sprint is just as good as Verizon. and according to Gizmodo and PCworld Sprint has a more dependable 3G data network. Last but not least on Identical plans you would be paying about 45-50% less using Sprint, big down side there.

the only thing i see Verizon may have on Sprint is phone selection and customer service.
    CrackBerry User

I think the coverage really depends on where you are located at. I've never had an issue with Sprint coverage, even when traveling.

I got the Pre just last week and so far love it. It's my first touch screen and I figured it would take forever to get used to: WRONG! Within in an hour I had it all figured out. The simplicity is great, and with the ability to throw on homebrew apps, I think it has serious potential. After reading how "flimsy" is was I was really surprised when I got my hands on it. It was heavier than I expected (again based on what I read online) and quite sexy looking.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad24 View Post
    I think the coverage really depends on where you are located at. I've never had an issue with Sprint coverage, even when traveling.

I got the Pre just last week and so far love it. It's my first touch screen and I figured it would take forever to get used to: WRONG! Within in an hour I had it all figured out. The simplicity is great, and with the ability to throw on homebrew apps, I think it has serious potential. After reading how "flimsy" is was I was really surprised when I got my hands on it. It was heavier than I expected (again based on what I read online) and quite sexy looking.
    wow, u got me thinking.... maybe!
  6. ame
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,333 Global Posts

I welcome you, I am super curious for a review from you when you get a chance, as it's been a month.
    CrackBerry User

I've never done a formal review, but I'll work something up.