I just ordered the Palm Pre for myself. Have a Storm at the moment.

One of the main reasons I switched was because I'm not thrilled with typing on the screen with the Storm. I understand that the Pre keyboard is small. I do have small hands - even compared with most women my hands are small...

So I'm hoping I'll like the typing on it. Got the 30 day return/exchange so I hope I can switch over to the Tour perhaps if the Pre really sucks.

Anyways... here I am.
    07-24-09 10:41 AM
    Jeff-
    Ive got the Storm and the Pre and so far, Im really liking the Pre over the Storm
    '
    One down side is the Sprint network doesnt really compare well to the Verizon one.

The best will be if and when a Palm Pre with sim card and SD card slots comes out on verizon. Then it will be Gold.

Also, a new OS update just came out yesterday so wehn you get your Pre, load it up.

Enjoy and welcome
    07-24-09 12:47 PM
    One down side is the Sprint network doesn't really compare well to the Verizon one.

Enjoy and welcome
    how so, i had Verizon before sprint and my reception with Sprint is just as good as Verizon. and according to Gizmodo and PCworld Sprint has a more dependable 3G data network. Last but not least on Identical plans you would be paying about 45-50% less using Sprint, big down side there.

the only thing i see Verizon may have on Sprint is phone selection and customer service.
    07-24-09 02:32 PM
    I think the coverage really depends on where you are located at. I've never had an issue with Sprint coverage, even when traveling.

I got the Pre just last week and so far love it. It's my first touch screen and I figured it would take forever to get used to: WRONG! Within in an hour I had it all figured out. The simplicity is great, and with the ability to throw on homebrew apps, I think it has serious potential. After reading how "flimsy" is was I was really surprised when I got my hands on it. It was heavier than I expected (again based on what I read online) and quite sexy looking.
    07-24-09 03:14 PM
    I think the coverage really depends on where you are located at. I've never had an issue with Sprint coverage, even when traveling.

I got the Pre just last week and so far love it. It's my first touch screen and I figured it would take forever to get used to: WRONG! Within in an hour I had it all figured out. The simplicity is great, and with the ability to throw on homebrew apps, I think it has serious potential. After reading how "flimsy" is was I was really surprised when I got my hands on it. It was heavier than I expected (again based on what I read online) and quite sexy looking.
    wow, u got me thinking.... maybe!
    08-26-09 02:53 PM
    I welcome you, I am super curious for a review from you when you get a chance, as it's been a month.
    09-02-09 04:53 PM
    I've never done a formal review, but I'll work something up.
    09-03-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD