As far as I know it is only in Canada. You can get it from futureshop, thesource (canada's radioshack), bestbuy, staples and a few other places.

Even if you won't be able to get anymore software updates and or newer apps it is still a steal for $100. Especially if you are a student.

It won't last long.

Are you going to get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 10:18 AM
    Naa my playbook works splendidly.

08-20-11 10:56 AM
    i already picked one up last night
    08-20-11 10:57 AM
    For $100? Where did you get it?
    08-20-11 11:01 AM
    Is the OS sluggish or laggy? Do you have the latest doftware installed?

08-20-11 11:06 AM
    How about a nice comparison video, howarmat?

08-20-11 11:09 AM
    i ordered from HP.com so i dont have it in hand

office depot and target were also having sales. Its going to be extremely tough to get one online. you will have to follow slickdeals like hawk.
    08-20-11 11:14 AM
    Just ordered one from Walmart an hour ago - its waiting for me to pick it up when I leave the office @ noon Woot!
    08-20-11 11:29 AM
    Will they be supporting the OS for a reasonable amount of time so you guys can get some updates?

08-20-11 11:39 AM
    Sale seems to be until Monday the 22nd for most stores.

I think I'll pick it up to try it out; If it doesn't work i can give it to me madre.
    08-20-11 12:01 PM
    i ordered from HP.com so i dont have it in hand

office depot and target were also having sales. Its going to be extremely tough to get one online. you will have to follow slickdeals like hawk.
    I did slickdeals last night as well

$100 on hp.com + a 15% coupon + tax = $90 for a tablet.

I'll say this much: the official sale wasn't suppose to start until today (rumor at 7AM), but it went sorta-live last night at hp's website (you had to do a few random things to get it to show the price). Anyway, at this point in the day, look in physical stores. On-line is sold out everywhere: Staples, Office Depot, BestBuy, I believe Wal-Mart, HP.com, etc. Amazon, weirdly, still has them in stock, but hasn't dropped the price.

I have a PlayBook, but at $90 for a Wi-Fi tablet that's actually pretty decent? Couldn't pass it up
    08-20-11 12:13 PM
    Yea I got one in hand... debating if I wanna even open it because... I'm sure the Playbook is just going to roll over the touchpad...

but I guess a nice cafeteria tray since its so damn big? lol
    08-20-11 12:16 PM
    It's basically sold out online from any place selling for $99. It went live last night and Slickdeals had a thread about it that got posted to a bunch of tech news sites so word spread extremely fast. Thread got over a million views in a couple hours, and websites selling the Touchpad either sold out or crashed from all the traffic. Best bet is to call local stores and see if they have any in stock.

I bought 2 last night from hp.com
    08-20-11 12:19 PM
    I went to buy the playbook on launch day.... there was me and 2 other guys at the yonge/dundas futureshop... globeandmail was there and they left before we even went inside, not even media worthy

today... wow there was a lineup, so big people were asking as they walk by if the next iPhone is out or something...

anyway, i'm starting the tablet... really see how this pairs up with the playbook :3 one thing so far, I do not like the size and weight.

7" isn't dead on arrival for sure.....
    08-20-11 12:36 PM
    Picked up 2 ($99 each) last night as soon as the news broke.

I do really like them, and the hacker community seems interested in it too. So who knows maybe we'll see Android on it soon.
    wayoung likes this.
    08-20-11 12:48 PM
    yeah i am pretty sure HC will be loaded within the week lol
    08-20-11 12:49 PM
    I'm bummed I missed out on this. It would have been a great gift for the youngest.
    08-20-11 12:57 PM
    yeah i am pretty sure HC will be loaded within the week lol
    Twitter
    08-20-11 01:10 PM
    hahaha awesome! love the dev community
    08-20-11 01:20 PM
    Hopefully the hackers could get android on this. If so then a dual core tablet with a seperate gpu that runs android for $100 would amazing!

08-20-11 03:11 PM
    I was in Office Depot today and the guy laughed at me when I asked if they had any left. I'm going to pick up two Toshiba Thrives this week, but I totally would have bought one of the HP's at $129, just because...lol!

08-20-11 05:31 PM
    Man, I wish this had happened before I bought my nook a few months ago lol.
    Enjoy your tabs everyone who got one!
    08-20-11 06:33 PM
    Have had some time to play with it and its a pretty slick device... not sure why it got such scathing reviews... granted I've already OC'd it so it runs smooth, but overall I'm fairly impressed
    08-20-11 09:03 PM
    I ordered a 16GB from bestbuy.com early this morning for $99. I couldn't turn down that price. I'm going to download the Playbook wallpapers, squint and pretend it's a 10" prototype.
    08-21-11 09:23 AM
    i ordered it yesterday at a local HH gregg store.... it was still posted there for 400 but they didn't even have it in stock.... i was pissed... so i talked to the guy and he ordered me one and he price-matched it.......should be here withing a couple of days
    08-21-11 02:31 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD