The WebOS trumps the BB OS for most users, I'd say. Maybe that's generalization, but if you have gmail, the WebOS e-mail is great. It's not as fast as BB push e-mail, but it is push e-mail and it's reliable for me.

Now for me, web browsing is at least half of what I do on a smart phone. In this respect, no BB can even come close to the WebOS. Seriously. Pinch to zoom, double-tap to zoom, you name it. Rendering is quick, usually quicker than the Droid.

Apps. The WebOS may seem lacking on this front, but I found all the apps I needed. Pandora, Slacker Radio, Yelp, OpenTable, Google Maps, NYTimes, Weather, Fandango. The "native" apps (Youtube, Doc View, PDF View) are great. The only problem was Facebook, but Friedsbook took care of that. So, I'd say at least 70% of the users will be fine with even just official apps.

The battery life does suck. But I've gotten used to plugging it in every night, and it's not a big deal for me. The awesome browser more than makes up for the (slightly) slower e-mail and the battery life (for me, at least). It's not like it can't last a day, so I'm fine with it.

In comparison to the Droid... First, the Droid was simply too big. The screen was nice, but it just felt awkward in my hand. I really liked the Pre Plus design because it just felt perfect holding it. The Pre Plus keyboard, while small, I felt was better than the Droid keyboard, although this I think is up to personal preference. And most importantly, I found the WebOS much more elegant than the Android OS. The way it handles multi-tasking with cards is just amazing. Way better than the way Android or BB does it, imo.

I left my Pearl, which I had for two years, and went to Droid then Palm Pre. My gal has a tour, and I've spent enough time with it that I knew it was time for me to retire from the BB OS. Seriously, just switch to either and I don't think you'll regret it at all.
    02-18-10 12:04 AM
    hi ,
    i got my pal pre on friday and am trying to determine which device to use..either the pre or my mot droid..
    I like the webos, but the feel of the pre seems cheap vs the droid..
    seems doesnt mean it is though..

I noticed that some features the palm pre doesnt have like voice dial and visiaul voice mail..

which is better device in your opinions..

i use my devices for email, web, apps, some gaming..pretty much anything really.
    I have 30 days or a little less to try this out..not sure which way to do..
    ive had bad luck with the droid, working on my 3rd replacement from verizon.
    my issue was even after a second replacement that apps would open randomly..i clidk on email...email opens and so does the browser or market place..etc..

i wonder if this is a bug in the android os or a hardware glitch..

I was told by a palm rep that visual voicemail and voice dial may be included in future palm software updates..but MAY be.. not sure..

your thoughts
    Although I own a Pre, I wouldn't choose it over a Droid. The Droid is one of the top three devices out now, in the mix with the Nexus One and Iphone 3GS. The Pre isn't quite on the same level just yet.
    03-02-10 04:32 PM
    this is a no brainer. go with the droid.
    03-02-10 09:03 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD