Ever since at&t adopted the iPhone, its as if they've been ignoring all other smartphone trends out there... Well, there are bigger and better things than the iPhone, such as the Pre in my opinion... My contract is up within a few months, so I'm not in a rush, but I'd like to stay with AT&T as they have surprisingly good service for where i live... does anyone kno the estimated time frame of when this rumored Pre is coming out for AT&T? Thanks!
    02-25-10 10:25 PM
    I have no idea, but I think I read that it will be sometime in the first half of this year.

I also can't wait until the Pre comes to AT&T. I already have an iPhone, but I would LOVE to have a Palm Pre.
    02-25-10 10:26 PM
    i too will try one out just for the fun of it but i don't see myself purchasing it.
    02-25-10 10:37 PM
    i too will try one out just for the fun of it but i don't see myself purchasing it.
    I have to agree. I went to the ***** store and previewed the Pre. While there was much that I liked, I just couldn't get past the keyboard. While I'm sure that I would get used to it given time, I just can't quite make the leap. The other factor that I've read about is the battery issue. I go 2 to 3 days between charges and both the iPhone and Pre just can't last that long it seems. But I do think it is a nice phone with some very unique features that a lot of people will find appealing even with the battery and keyboard issues. I just don't happen to be one of them.
    02-25-10 11:04 PM
    The pre better then the iPhone, well to each his own, but sales of the pre are so horrible im surprised its still holding up.
    02-25-10 11:18 PM
    The pre better then the iPhone, well to each his own, but sales of the pre are so horrible im surprised its still holding up.
    Yeah, most of the average people aren't going to care about it because either they want that amazing iPhone with its thousands of (useless) apps, can't afford a smartphone, or just need a phone to text and call people.
    02-25-10 11:27 PM
    Yeah, most of the average people aren't going to care about it because either they want that amazing iPhone with its thousands of (useless, and useful) apps, can't afford a smartphone, or just need a phone to text and call people.
    I corrected your post for you
    02-25-10 11:35 PM
    Speculation over on precentral is may 10 give or take 10 days.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...very-soon.html

This is someone confirming that its the Plus verisions not regular
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...confirmed.html

there is another thread that i will find when i get home from work.
    02-26-10 05:41 AM
    I corrected your post for you
    haha, yeah, there are some useful apps, but thousands of the apps in the appstore are worthless. There's only a few hundred apps that are worth the money.
    02-26-10 05:46 PM
    haha, yeah, there are some useful apps, but thousands of the apps in the appstore are worthless. There's only a few hundred apps that are worth the money.
    See with 140,000 applications it's very hard for you to make that argument. In the news and productivity sections alone there are more then 10000 applications, more then the whole blackberry store. Yea there are thousands and thousands of bs applications no doubt about it, bit the samething can be said for the blackberry OS. on top of that blackberry users spend more money on applications when the same apps counterpart on the iPhone is far more capable and looks better.

I think there is a lot more then a few hundred apps that are worth paying for but that's just personal opinion.
    02-26-10 06:22 PM
    Nobody should care about available application count... If you do you are riding the fanboy statistics to nowhere.

What apps do you want, does your platform have them, do they work like you want. That's it...

Who gives a crap if your platform has 100 or 500,000 apps as long as you got the 5-20 or whatever apps it is that you are looking for.
    02-26-10 06:37 PM
    Nobody should care about available application count... If you do you are riding the fanboy statistics to nowhere.

What apps do you want, does your platform have them, do they work like you want. That's it...

Who gives a crap if your platform has 100 or 500,000 apps as long as you got the 5-20 or whatever apps it is that you are looking for.
    Wow we were doing alright having a civil conversation, calm down with all you name calling. Everything you said me an the person who I was in a discussion with know. DON'T HAVE A COW LOSER.

And work on getting a real blackberry while your at it. Now that you have ruined this convo I'll be unsubscribing to this thread.
    02-26-10 07:03 PM
    lol, some people are sensitive I guess. It must be the dreaded "f-word" that makes iphone users run for the hills...
    02-26-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD