Ok we all know about the new Palm Pre. But I must say that phone kick ***!! Ok yes it doesn't have a video recorder but it will it just needs a Video recorder app. The Pre looks like it will be one of the best phones out. My question is.... Why the **** doesn't the storm have the strength and flow as the pre. We all know the storm could have been that powerful. And it could have had the same level of menu coolness. But the thing that really drives me crazy is seeing that you can have more than 2 app open and the phone still will work with out freezing. Maybe rim should thing about moving to a more powerful os like linux because i really think if rim wants to compete with the pre and the iphone they really need to hire some linux coders and scratch the java crap.

When I look at my Storm I see all this things is should be able to do and when i see the Palm Pre in action I see the level the storm must be in. And the funny thing is that Rim had the Iphone to think about when they were thinking on making a Touch screen phone and they didn't get the full picture on how a top of the line touch screen phone suppose to operate.

I have to say i do like the storm when it works right but i really don't think a person should need to do battery pulls closing app so the phone wont freeze.

And the only reason why i didn't return this phone with in the thirty days is because i really had faith in RIM and now I see that my faith was miss placed.

And I really don't think the Palm Pre will fully kick *** on a Sprint network because the people I speak to that have Sprint and smart phones tell me that there internet seems to go up and down with the G3. Thats just what I hear.
    The Storm's limitation is the OS itself. The Pre uses an OS that is easy to program and lightweight. It takes far less processing power to run it. Wonder how expensive it would be to re design the BB UI uising webkit and keeping the BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 03:58 PM
    I've had the storm for 4 months. I picked up the pre 24hrs ago. The storm has become a paperweight.
    07-03-09 05:15 AM
    Please.

The Storm has been in beta since November.

This isn't even fair.

Like putting a Fifth grader and a First grader in a math contest to see who could get a better score.

The Pre might have it's drawbacks- but they are minimal when compared to the train wreck known as the Storm.

Only a Fanboi would think differently.

Bold vs Pre? Bold.

Curve 8900 vs Pre? Curve 8900.

Storm vs Pre? Pre.

Storm vs Bold? Bold.

Storm vs Curve 8900? Curve 8900.

Storm vs Curve 8300? Curve 8300.

Storm vs Motorola Razr?!?! Razr.

LOL
    07-03-09 12:38 PM
    I really don't know where to start. I love both phones, I've been with Sprint for about 5 yrs now and I love them. I havnt had one problem with Sprint or their customer service. Mainly because my fiance works at Bestbuy and I do all my esn swaps and program all my phones online. I've switched back and forth from Palm to RIM numerous times and love them both equally. Right now I have the inferno 8330 with the 4.5os and 5.0 BBM and its awesome. I love messaging anyone at anytime. But two of my friends have the Pre and love it too! No problems with the os or the so called "dead pixels". I only paid $32.48 for my curve and I just sold it for $340 and will be buying a new Pre tomorrow for $200 (after calling in to confirm the esn# and condition of the phone). So I think I can afford to take the chance to try this Pre thing out lol! I have to say I've played with my friends Verizon storm and...its cool looking, but I hate the "sure typing" crap and it does lag like crazy. But that DOES NOT apply to all storms. I'm sure there are other storms that work better in better service areas and so forth (people just don't want to admit that there phone might have some faults and would rather waiste time getting into a pissing match about it). I can not and will not knock RIM or Palm they're both awesome. Just remember the Palm os is completly different from any other os out there and they need time to develop just like RIM, and even Apple. Ill keep you posted on how everything plays out. But I will say that if the Pre doesn't do it for me I am definitly picking up a Tour! Thanks you guys.
    07-24-09 03:37 AM
    The Storm's limitation is the OS itself.
    Did you see the Storm 2 videos on the CB frontpage earlier in the week? I couldn't believe it. Same accellerometer lag, same button lag. And this is with OS 5.0. It's not like they haven't had a year with a touchscreen phone already to figure out core functionality.

So very sad.
    07-24-09 07:29 AM
    Did you see the Storm 2 videos on the CB frontpage earlier in the week? I couldn't believe it. Same accellerometer lag, same button lag. And this is with OS 5.0. It's not like they haven't had a year with a touchscreen phone already to figure out core functionality.

So very sad.
    The S2 is what a yearly update should be. HW is better as is the SW. The OS in the vid was one of the very first builds. .9. S2 is up to 5.1.0.154 so you can imagine its better. When its released it will be right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    minus the pre's flashy os and nice browser, storm 2 will crush the pre all else considered.
    07-24-09 09:44 AM
    minus the pre's flashy os and nice browser, storm 2 will crush the pre all else considered.
    If you're going to make a bold statement like that, at least have some experience using the Storm 2 or see one in person. But what do I know? I've only used the Pre as a personal phone.
    07-24-09 12:54 PM
    If you're going to make a bold statement like that, at least have some experience using the Storm 2 or see one in person.
    that's not really a bold statement. most blackberry devices are already better than the pre.

i've used the storm 1 and pre as both a personal phone and work phones and can attest to how much work both devices need. the storm needs a few hw upgrades and a better os. from what we know now the hw changes have been made. the resident insiders say the os changes have been made and the video is of a much older os that doesn't show the functionality and improvements of the newer versions. that's enough for me.

when will the pre's problems be fixed? who knows...a pre 2 is no where on the horizon. so at the very least we know that when the improved storm comes out the only thing the pre will have on it is a flashy ui and a 'better' browser. that's not enough to stay afloat in the sea of good smart phones nowadays. come december the palm pre will be ranked behind products from apple, rim, htc, and even other palm devices.

But what do I know?
    same thing i was thinking.
    07-24-09 02:32 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD