Ok we all know about the new Palm Pre. But I must say that phone kick ***!! Ok yes it doesn't have a video recorder but it will it just needs a Video recorder app. The Pre looks like it will be one of the best phones out. My question is.... Why the **** doesn't the storm have the strength and flow as the pre. We all know the storm could have been that powerful. And it could have had the same level of menu coolness. But the thing that really drives me crazy is seeing that you can have more than 2 app open and the phone still will work with out freezing. Maybe rim should thing about moving to a more powerful os like linux because i really think if rim wants to compete with the pre and the iphone they really need to hire some linux coders and scratch the java crap.

When I look at my Storm I see all this things is should be able to do and when i see the Palm Pre in action I see the level the storm must be in. And the funny thing is that Rim had the Iphone to think about when they were thinking on making a Touch screen phone and they didn't get the full picture on how a top of the line touch screen phone suppose to operate.

I have to say i do like the storm when it works right but i really don't think a person should need to do battery pulls closing app so the phone wont freeze.

And the only reason why i didn't return this phone with in the thirty days is because i really had faith in RIM and now I see that my faith was miss placed.

And I really don't think the Palm Pre will fully kick *** on a Sprint network because the people I speak to that have Sprint and smart phones tell me that there internet seems to go up and down with the G3. Thats just what I hear.
    06-04-09 05:06 PM
    Yeah well Verizon picks it up in 6 months. Plus the Pre's OS was designed from the ground up specifically for a touchscreen smartphone...neither RIM nor Apple can say the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 07:02 PM
    What? I can run at least 15 apps at once on my Storm before it gets sluggish! And that's more apps than will likely even be available for the Pre when it releases. BTW, from what I've been seeing, the Pre crashes a lot more than the Storm...at least for now. Honestly, I don't see what all the excitement is about. I'm more interested in what RIM and Apple have up their sleeves for the next 12 months.
    06-04-09 07:20 PM
    What? I can run at least 15 apps at once on my Storm before it gets sluggish! And that's more apps than will likely even be available for the Pre when it releases. BTW, from what I've been seeing, the Pre crashes a lot more than the Storm...at least for now. Honestly, I don't see what all the excitement is about. I'm more interested in what RIM and Apple have up their sleeves for the next 12 months.
    webOS will be better than anything RIM and Apple comes up with in the next 2 years.

And a Storm user criticizing a phone for lack of apps? LOL.
    06-04-09 07:38 PM
    I got a chance to play with a Palm Pre the other day....horrable phone. Cheep feeling, bulky, keyboard is the worst I have ever seen or felt on a phone. You think typing is hard on the storm? try typing on the Pre, its a pain in the as*
    06-04-09 07:44 PM
    The following are my $0.02 on the Palm Pre:

1. I give Palm credit for developing a nice OS.

2. But based on what I have read, the phone has mediocre battery life which is not good at all.

3. Although the screen can rotate sideway to view web page etc, the phone is meant to be used in portrait mode because the main icons like phone and email on the home page do not rotate whatsoever. This is a major design flaw!!!! TVs are in landscape mode, computer screens are in landscape mode, all web sites are built in landscape mode, the whole world is in landscape mode. And yet, Palm has decided to build a new smart phone to be used primarily in portrait mode, which is going backward in my humble opinion. If I were the designer, I will put the hardware keyboard to slide out sideway, just like my old phone the XV6800 (HTC Titan). But I think Palm has pulled a fast one on everyone by recycling the Treo keyboard on the Pre.

4. Palm has committed another major mistake by choosing Sprint as the carrier. Sprint is the 2nd tier or perhaps the 3rd tier carrier. Their network cannot support the Palm Pre if it ever becomes a hot seller. Sprint is struggling for survival and they have lost 6 million customers in last 6 quarters!!! And Palm decided to partner with a loser?!?!?! Don't they already have enough odds on their own without adding more odds?!?!?! What were they thinking?!?!?!

5. The Palm Pre costs $200 after a $100 mail-in rebate. Some say it is about the same as the iPhone. But if you factor into the time you have to wait for the money back from the mail-in rebate, and the present value of money, it is actually more expensive than the iPhone 3g and the BlackBerry Storm. So why would anyone NOT to buy the cheaper iPhone 3g but go for an unproven Palm Pre which is more expensive? A big mistake on pricing.

6. And if the rumor is true that Apple will announce their new iPhone at the WWDC, it will be trememdously difficult for the Palm Pre to compete. Although Palm has scored a lot of sympathy points because of its history, but it might not be enough to make up the difference.
    Last edited by substring; 06-04-09 at 09:36 PM.
    06-04-09 09:11 PM
    RIM doesn't like to make pretty OSs that actually flow together smoothly like the pres or the iphone. RIM oss MUST include old graphics, the need for battery pulls, confusing settings, a slow browser, and long complicated ways of achieving simple tasks...

06-05-09 01:25 AM
    I agree that the sprint network won't support the pre to the fullest because sprint ia just the underdog around hear. Even when they come out with the pre, no doubt that there sales will go up by a lot but they aren't thinking about the resource demand that the pre is going be using. It is always on the net and always receiving data. And just can see that the g3 will be slowed down at times because of it. And for the storm we all know that all storms don't work the same way some work better than others. This is me second storm and I could say the click screen dose feel better and it seems to be faster by a small portion. But thank god that there. Are people on this sight that ia dedicated on making the storm better......no the way it is suppose to be. But I still think that the storm os really need to be redesigned from the ground up and move from the java thing and find a stronger direction. For hardware the storm kicks as all it needs is the software that can do it just us. And get wi fi in the dame thin its 2009
    06-05-09 04:03 AM
    The level of ignorance in here is epic. To even think the Storm can be compared to the Pre is a thought crime : )

You are comparing a totally new and innovative device (Pre) to a device who's only claim to innovation is a freaking click screen? Whut?

That is just ridiculous. I like BB's just as much as the next guy but come on. To use the Storm in the same sentence as the Pre is just insanity. No comparison or competition here.

06-05-09 06:13 PM
    The level of ignorance in here is epic. To even think the Storm can be compared to the Pre is a thought crime : )

You are comparing a totally new and innovative device (Pre) to a device who's only claim to innovation is a freaking click screen? Whut?

That is just ridiculous. I like BB's just as much as the next guy but come on. To use the Storm in the same sentence as the Pre is just insanity. No comparison or competition here.

Really? How long have you had yours?
    06-05-09 06:33 PM
    Really? How long have you had yours?
    I see your reading and comprehension skills are lagging somewhat.

Reread what I wrote and respond with something of substance or is that your best argument?

06-05-09 07:33 PM
    I see your reading and comprehension skills are lagging somewhat.

Reread what I wrote and respond with something of substance or is that your best argument?

Let me break it down for you. Stop sucking the **** of a phone that you don't have and probably never seen.

06-05-09 07:45 PM
    Yea keep drinking that kool aid buddy...
    06-05-09 07:48 PM

At least someone is this thread speaks the truth...
    06-05-09 07:50 PM
    Let me break it down for you. Stop sucking the **** of a phone that you don't have and probably never seen.

You're just mad because he's right. Everyone here is so quick to write off the device with either no experience with it, or after having used it for two minutes. "The keyboard sucks." OH NOES! THE DEVICE IS AWFUL!

No.
    06-05-09 08:10 PM
    The level of ignorance in here is epic.
    Yes it is.

06-05-09 09:39 PM
    o****, and here i thought the trolling would stay to Storm forums, people found a way to gay up an entirely new subsection of CB!

The Pre is now just like the Storm was. In its infancy, you can see the potential when its developed. I want to see the Pre succeed very much, because the OS has got my eye big time (the phone itself is a different subject).

You really cant criticize lack of apps...ffs it JUST came out. Anyone with web programming experience would be able to write an app for the Pre, which would lead to some real homebrew stuff which is what i love to see.
    06-05-09 11:05 PM
    Just keep fighting it shows how much you really hate your storm.
    06-05-09 11:13 PM
    The following are my $0.02 on the Palm Pre:

1. I give Palm credit for developing a nice OS.

2. But based on what I have read, the phone has mediocre battery life which is not good at all.

3. Although the screen can rotate sideway to view web page etc, the phone is meant to be used in portrait mode because the main icons like phone and email on the home page do not rotate whatsoever. This is a major design flaw!!!! TVs are in landscape mode, computer screens are in landscape mode, all web sites are built in landscape mode, the whole world is in landscape mode. And yet, Palm has decided to build a new smart phone to be used primarily in portrait mode, which is going backward in my humble opinion. If I were the designer, I will put the hardware keyboard to slide out sideway, just like my old phone the XV6800 (HTC Titan). But I think Palm has pulled a fast one on everyone by recycling the Treo keyboard on the Pre.

4. Palm has committed another major mistake by choosing Sprint as the carrier. Sprint is the 2nd tier or perhaps the 3rd tier carrier. Their network cannot support the Palm Pre if it ever becomes a hot seller. Sprint is struggling for survival and they have lost 6 million customers in last 6 quarters!!! And Palm decided to partner with a loser?!?!?! Don't they already have enough odds on their own without adding more odds?!?!?! What were they thinking?!?!?!

5. The Palm Pre costs $200 after a $100 mail-in rebate. Some say it is about the same as the iPhone. But if you factor into the time you have to wait for the money back from the mail-in rebate, and the present value of money, it is actually more expensive than the iPhone 3g and the BlackBerry Storm. So why would anyone NOT to buy the cheaper iPhone 3g but go for an unproven Palm Pre which is more expensive? A big mistake on pricing.

6. And if the rumor is true that Apple will announce their new iPhone at the WWDC, it will be trememdously difficult for the Palm Pre to compete. Although Palm has scored a lot of sympathy points because of its history, but it might not be enough to make up the difference.
    1. Agreed its good to see a company worry about the OS more than the hardware for once.

2.Agreed

3. Call me crazy, but isn't the iphone mostly used in Portrait? And to my knowledge the iphone is the basis for all smart phone comparisons. I wouldn't say this is a design flaw at all.

4.Sprint is the first carrier to get it. So what? AT&T has showed signs of wanting the Pre, same with Verizon. This will come to other carriers, I would say it was smart to choose Sprint as a type of *test* to see how people like the phone. From there they can make a new phone and put it on any network with teh webOS. I don't see this is a huge issue.

5.Agreed on most points, except I would make sure you don't flood with to much misinformation. You CAN buy it from Best Buy and Radioshack for 200. I agree the rebate is a bad idea, but at least you CAN get it for cheap from the other two vendors. And why would someone pass over the storm or iphone? Well, lets see the Storm has been out sense November and is still unproven, the phone in general is mediocre and when you read reviews the phone inst even COMPARED. Its always the g1 or iphone being compared. If anything that shows how much the Storm is not a contender. its sad because i came to Verizon for the Storm.

6.From the Rumors of the next iphone I'm not impressed. And if you don't have a iphone now, your really not missing much. The next iphone is better yes, but I don't think its really to much to bring more people then the iphone already is. I don't see to many people impressed with this version to just switch, I don't see it.
    06-06-09 12:50 AM
    Just keep fighting it shows how much you really hate your storm.
    Harry Potter!? Can I have your autograph!?

.. I do hate my storm..

I am jealous the pre is on sprint..

I will never be satisfied.. LOL
    06-06-09 01:00 AM
    Harry Potter!? Can I have your autograph!?

.. I do hate my storm..

I am jealous the pre is on sprint..

I will never be satisfied.. LOL
    Harry Potter lmao
    06-06-09 01:19 AM

little angry are you?

06-06-09 02:50 AM
    I think the Pre will surpass even the Storm 2 judging by how slow and behind the Storm 1 is.
    06-06-09 03:18 AM
    I think the Pre will surpass even the Storm 2 judging by how slow and behind the Storm 1 is.
    depends. If the Storm 2 is merely a slight revision then yes the Pre will be a better touch device.

No real info on the Storm2 yet so you have to reserve judgement.

06-06-09 03:35 AM

HAHA, that is quite a post man. Fanboy?
    06-06-09 11:31 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD