everyone that I know that has the pre is switching to the Android...they prefer the htc hero over he palm pre..
    11-22-09 07:54 PM
    I am always interested in knowing what made you switch to the Pre in the first place? I read a lot if posts of BB users who switch to something else and then come back to give their testimonial of why their BB was so great to begin with. I just wonder what prompted the move in the first place. Why not go to a different device and not back to the BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 07:30 PM
    I am always interested in knowing what made you switch to the Pre in the first place? I read a lot if posts of BB users who switch to something else and then come back to give their testimonial of why their BB was so great to begin with. I just wonder what prompted the move in the first place. Why not go to a different device and not back to the BB?

well i originally left the blackberry because the bold was THE ONLY blackberry for me and it was on AT&T which means it had a ridiculously high monthly rate, so I wanted out. The pre seemed SO perfect because im only 17 and it had decent email support and a great browser but also had 8 gigs of built in memory and a great multimedia/fun experience as well. Sprint's plan was only $69 and had unlimited nights/weekends VS. 5000 on att AND it had gps included which seemed like an unbelievable package overall in my eyes. then i go to best buy and am SO excited to finally have this amazing phone and it turns out to be pure crap. the OS is magic and the flicking cards is quite fun, but the hardware was just not up to par at all in my opinion. the first one I got had 20+ dead pixels and the guy at best buy was STUNNED but replaced it right away. This one seemed fine but got worse within a week so after multiple exchanges I decided to get the refund and come back to blackberry land. The number 1 reason why blackberries are the phone for me is that I DONT have to worry about it breaking or anything and it just works, flawlessly too.
    11-25-09 08:16 PM
    I read a lot if posts of BB users who switch to something else and then come back to give their testimonial of why their BB was so great to begin with.
    Right but are you also going to other forums where people who have switched are saying how glad they are that they no longer have BBs?

If not, you're drawing conclusions from a biased sample.
    11-25-09 08:56 PM
    I can see why people would go with the pre and then back to a BB. For me I couldn't go from a BB to another phone without going back soon enough
    11-25-09 11:45 PM
    I have had my pre for a few months, and it has been more stable than any blackberry ive used. Ive had the storm. bold, 8830, 8820, curve, ect. All those phones had memory issues, and I had to reboot them. I have never had to reboot my pre. Berrys are not as stable as some are cracking them up to be. Until rim makes a product worth getting imo, then I will hold out on new bbs. Same os, same browser, nothing new that jumps out. I like rim, but its time to step their game up.
    You have been quite unluckly. I have never had a CDMA BB (an would never buy a Storm), but my GSM BBs have rarely needed a reboot.
    12-06-09 08:22 PM
    Do you guys know if we can take the SIM card out of the Sprint Tour and stick in any phone that takes SIM cards?
    12-08-09 06:36 PM
    Do you guys know if we can take the SIM card out of the Sprint Tour and stick in any phone that takes SIM cards?
    My guess would be no, at least not in the US. The Sprint SIM card in the Tour is intended for international roaming.
    12-08-09 07:00 PM
    My guess would be no, at least not in the US. The Sprint SIM card in the Tour is intended for international roaming.
    Do you know if the Sprint Tour comes unlocked?
    12-10-09 02:00 AM
    Do you know if the Sprint Tour comes unlocked?
    I believe it does.
    12-10-09 07:08 AM
    What exactly is this dead pixel issue with the Pre? I tried searching it up on youtube but nobody had a video. Can someone explain how to spot it on the Pre?

12-12-09 03:28 AM
    OP whines too much end of story. Just because he couldn't make his phone work doesnt mean we cant. Pre is a pretty good device. My uncle still has his after first release and guess what after 1 week and 10 days ( Mr. Pro) it still works. Just quit making useless threads and bash on phones that do work, just not for you. If you consider me a pre fan boy then what does it make you a bold fan boy?
    "The number 1 reason why blackberries are the phone for me is that I DONT have to worry about it breaking or anything and it just works, flawlessly too. "

thats dandy, flawless that we have to battery pull to make stuff work.
    Last edited by Jo_795; 12-12-09 at 09:36 AM.
    12-12-09 09:33 AM
    Haha I was just carious about that cause if the Google phone rocks I was thinking of chaning to a Tour just to get the SIM card then just taking that baby out and sticking in the Google phone.

12-12-09 04:25 PM
    i have a blackberry bold and the reason i decided to switch to the pre was the itunes sync and 8 gigs built in and the cheaper plan, BUT after have 4 replacements and nonstop problems with the pre for those 10 days i couldn't return it fast enough and get my bold back. soooooo happy again <3 i have a phone that actually works, doesn't have any hardware issues, AND can last all day battery wise (:
    wow!sorry you can't handle the future in the palm of your hand and more props to you for being able to have a clear picture of the world to going back to a little plastic window that runs on crappy blackberry network!I could never go back and now that my wife has one there isno way!web os is THE operating system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE BEST

01-03-10 05:26 PM
    What exactly is this dead pixel issue with the Pre? I tried searching it up on youtube but nobody had a video. Can someone explain how to spot it on the Pre?

there is no problem!these forums crack me up maybe that's where they got the name!!!blackberry(RIM)don't want any of you blackberry people to get a pre,cause you will all see that on there os you all are sheltered from the real web!they formate everything to go on your phones!everything on my phone is exactly what's on my lap top or regular computer!test it out,open a page on your crappy blackberry and one on a normal computer and make sure you don't get to mad and go buy the future phone! THE PALM PRE.

01-03-10 05:38 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD