I got my pre when it first came out and i couldnt stand it, there was just too much wrong with it... But I hear now the glitches are fixed and the app list # is rising... Anyone thats had the pre from when it first came out untill now say it has improved?
    10-19-09 12:46 PM
    I have the Pre with the latest update 1.2.1, and it does improve the Pre, plus adds a lot of features. The app store is getting new apps almost every other day, and patches give the Pre more tunability (sp).

Personaly, I rather have a TOUR.
    10-19-09 12:56 PM
    along with 1.2.1 update + homebrew patches it is hard to beat. still lacks a good spell checker and the daily rollout of apps makes it a big competitor to the iphone.
    10-19-09 07:36 PM
    still lacks a good spell checker
    There's a patch for that too

I've had mine since launch day, couldn't be happier with it. With the available patches, it does everything I want it to do.
    10-19-09 11:13 PM
    What about battery life? I had the Palm Pre originally and could not stand the battery life. I could barely get through the day. My second question was does it still freeze if it completely dies? I used to have to do a battery pull because it would freeze on the charging screen? Is the build quality better now? If you answer those questions...I might consider giving it another try. I do have to say that i love webOS.

With the new updates there has been some battery life improvements, and many bugs have been removed. The build quality has also improved alot. It's a better phone compaired to its official launch batch.

Still, mine is packed, and ready for dealing.
    10-21-09 06:38 PM
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by joesparty
    still lacks a good spell checker

There's a patch for that too"
    So where and how do I get the spell checker patch? I'm not a homebrew fixer-upper.
    BTW: I switched from a dying BB 8830 WE to the Palm Pre when my company said "No BBs EVER" which meant no work email or work calendar - I spend more than half my life at my job ... I like the Pre better than Windows Mobile.

Danielle
    12-15-09 06:47 PM
    You have to install preware to install the patches.
    12-15-09 07:00 PM
    I'm probably going to be giving up on my Pre for a Hero or Tour. I think WebOS is amazing but honestly speaking I don't think the my Pre will last a year in the college environment, the hardware is getting better, hopefully Pre2 will be rock solid, then I can finally come back to Palm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD