The email thing could be part of the problem. When I had my hotmail, bell.net and gmail all set to deliver instantly there was more drain becuase only gmail works as push. The battery drain problem improved GREATLY when I went into my bell and hotmail accounts and set them to forward to my gmail. Then on my Pre I set hotmail and bell to only update manually, and left gmail as "as arrives". I still get my emails as they arrive and the battery drain was improved HUGELY.

Try that.
    07-02-10 06:06 PM
    Well I went back to my 8330 and it only took 2 days before I was ready to flush it down the toilet. I guess I will have to live with the keyboard of the Pre and keeping it on the charger all the time. I could not stand the 8330 after using the Pre.
    Are you using the original Pre or the latest one, the Pre Plus?

I'm eligible for an early upgrade and I'm considering the Pre Plus. I have a Curve and I really like it. Can you give me some of your personal pros and cons to the Pre?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 06:18 AM
    I have the Pre Plus.

Pros
    OS system blows BB out of the water.

Exchange email - I think the Pre does exchange way better than BB (on BIS). It is instant email, and also syncs to my address book and calendar on exchange.

Free Mobile Hot Spot - This is what was the deal breaker for me getting the Pre.

Cons

Battery life - it plain sucks. I lived off my phone charger. I would say my phone sat on the charger 80% of the day.

Keyboard - I did 80% to 90% of my email on my curve, and with the Pre it dropped to about 10%.

If they could put a curve keyboard and get the battery to last like the Curve does it would be one heck of a phone.

I wiped my curve and started over with it. I think one of the problems was I had so much stuff on it, that was the reasons it was so slow.

I once again went back to my curve. It is running better after my wipe. I thought I could live with the crappy keyboard and battery life, but I can't.

07-13-10 06:11 PM
    I spoke to soon, broke my curve today, Damn back to the Pre
    07-14-10 05:30 PM
    yeah I thought the pre was cool too but I'd stick with the BB
    07-14-10 08:22 PM
    I have the Pre Plus.

Pros
    OS system blows BB out of the water.

Exchange email - I think the Pre does exchange way better than BB (on BIS). It is instant email, and also syncs to my address book and calendar on exchange.

Free Mobile Hot Spot - This is what was the deal breaker for me getting the Pre.

Cons

Battery life - it plain sucks. I lived off my phone charger. I would say my phone sat on the charger 80% of the day.

Keyboard - I did 80% to 90% of my email on my curve, and with the Pre it dropped to about 10%.

If they could put a curve keyboard and get the battery to last like the Curve does it would be one heck of a phone.

I wiped my curve and started over with it. I think one of the problems was I had so much stuff on it, that was the reasons it was so slow.

I once again went back to my curve. It is running better after my wipe. I thought I could live with the crappy keyboard and battery life, but I can't.

My sentiments exactly, but the free mobile hotspot actually helped me with e-mail, i just boot it up and write lengthy emails when i have to. I am also glad to see some one else agree with me, the pre handles email better than the BB, i know that i often had problems with my @me.com email and the pre handles them nicely. As for the battery issue it does guzzle power quite fast, have you tried turning you GPS off? i found that this helped immensely. if not buy a spare battery, you don't have to buy an extended one just a stock battery.
    07-22-10 11:37 AM
    Hi Folks,
    I have a Pre, and have to say that the keyboard is horrible.

So, if you do heavy email, I would avoid it.

On the other hand, the machine is beautiful. In the hand, it feels perfect. It is a pleasure to use...
    07-25-10 06:11 PM
132 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD