The Pre is not customizable, at all. That said, it definitely has some benefits like the browser, youtube, card multitasking, universal search. It has a lot of cons too though. Right now the Pre has a bad case of early-iPhone syndrome. It does some complicated things very well, yet fails miserably at some simple functionality.
    02-04-10 01:07 PM
    I would choose a blackberry over the pre, I've used the pre plenty of times, as well as the iphone. Sure the browsing is amazing on those phones but come on, who's really going to be online that much? I use a bold 9000, and i loved it since day one. It doesn't do anything fancy like the pre or android or iphone but it gets the job done. I dont need all those apps, all i really use is email, google voice, google maps, poynt, social scope and that's it. as for web browsing, i downloaded opera mini which is a really good browser, also i compared the iphone, pre and my bold's speed on wi fi.... bold won. in everything. I like this bold even though the battery life isnt all that great as compared to the 8900 it does everything i need.

It has a great keyboard, sound quality, screen, and ive never had a dropped call on it
    02-04-10 01:53 PM
    Really good argument! For me the blackberry also tops the Pre for the reasons the guy above me describes.
    02-10-10 09:20 AM
    as for web browsing, i downloaded opera mini which is a really good browser, also i compared the iphone, pre and my bold's speed on wi fi.... bold won. in everything.
    If you compared it on WiFi using Opera Mini, then you comparison is completely flawed. Opera Mini compresses the data on there servers before any data is even sent to you device. It is NOT the same experience as a Webkit browser. Webkit browsers are better than Opera Mini and Bolt by far.

Also, try comparing your BB browser with a Webkit browser. Everything must go through RIMs proxy first, then your BB browser needs to render everything. Webkit is better.

I have a Bold 9000 and had a 9700. I also own a Droid and an iPhone. The Bold is not faster on WiFi.
    02-10-10 02:28 PM
    Purchased the Pre and Had the same overheating issue like the sprint version.. Returned it and got my Storm 2.. Nice phone , Liked the new keyboard and more ram but battery life and heating problems are not in my plans .. I consider it a epic fail from palm ( instead of extra ram they should have focused on fixing the heating issue ) Which is known walk into any verizon, sprint or bestbuy and they will tell you thats one of the main reasons for returning the phone.
    02-10-10 05:55 PM
    Same can be said about any other phone in existence.
    02-27-10 03:39 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD