In almost every catagory the Pre can't hang.

The Hottest Smartphones of Summer Battle It Out - MSN Tech & Gadgets - Slide Shows - Products - 1

Believe it Sprinters, Pre is a failure.
    06-25-09 08:23 AM
    Yeah, because PC World is the be all, end all expert
    06-25-09 12:02 PM
    PC world is useless when it comes to phone reviews last time I checked.
    06-25-09 12:42 PM
    It might be useless, but the Pre really is a failure.
    06-25-09 12:50 PM
    No its not. It hasnt even been out for a month. Its more like your Storm is a failure.
    06-25-09 12:52 PM
    I would have no use for a so-called smart phone with only 8 GB of onboard memory and no microSD card slot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:55 PM
    I agree with it needs more memory. That doesnt make it a bad phone though
    06-25-09 12:59 PM
    It might not be bad for someboby new to smart phones. For an advanced user it does not offer enough. Just like a netbook might be ok for somebody who just wants to email, but somebody who wants to do more than just basic stuff needs a better computer.

06-25-09 01:05 PM
    Well hey, at least you can use the 8 GB for apps. Can't say the same for the microSD in a BlackBerry
    06-25-09 01:08 PM
    IMO - a more reliable review..

Engadget Pre Review
    06-25-09 01:11 PM
    I would have no use for a so-called smart phone with only 8 GB of onboard memory and no microSD card slot.

might make it a failure in your eyes, but not everyones. Thankfully there are many choices out there for people who want specific things.
    06-25-09 01:20 PM
    IMO - a more reliable review..

Engadget Pre Review
    LOL so some blog is more credible than a real magazine now? ESPECIALLY a PC magazine (not Mac) rating an Apple product higher. Id call that far from bias.

you dont like their opinion, great. But people here shouldnt attempt to poorly discredit their personal opinion of it because it doesnt align with their own opinion/fanboyism
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-25-09 at 01:26 PM.
    06-25-09 01:24 PM
    It might not be bad for someboby new to smart phones. For an advanced user it does not offer enough. Just like a netbook might be ok for somebody who just wants to email, but somebody who wants to do more than just basic stuff needs a better computer.

Right on.. Wait... My Aspire one is almost as good as my 15" Dell notebook that sits at home Minus CD-drive. (Ok not as good but it'll def. do anything the other can with an external ROM drive.)

So, I think you're opinions are flawed on the pre. While I don't agree it's fantastic, it'll do just fine as a smartphone. Some people don't need 32GBs on their phone.
    06-25-09 01:25 PM
    LOL so some blog is more credible than a real magazine now? ESPECIALLY a PC magazine (not Mac) rating an Apple product higher. Id call that far from bias.

you dont like their opinion, great. But people here shouldnt attempt to poorly discredit their personal opinion of it because it doesnt align with their own opinion/fanboyism
    Sorry you believe Engadget is "some blog"
    06-25-09 01:28 PM
    One of the Engadget reviews said the Pre broke. That was one of the things PC World was afraid would happen.

06-25-09 01:32 PM
    In almost every catagory the Pre can't hang.

The Hottest Smartphones of Summer Battle It Out - MSN Tech & Gadgets - Slide Shows - Products - 1

Believe it Sprinters, Pre is a failure.
    Where in there does it show that? I want you to be very specific and show me EXACTLY where it fails. I just went through it and in NO WAY does it imply or outright say Failure.
    06-25-09 04:08 PM

no smartphone "needs" over 8 gigs for work related purposes....work files are very rarely that huge.....the 32 gigs on iphones are for media....music and movies...

if you want a media phone u should have an iphone instead of your bold...
    06-25-09 07:37 PM
    no smartphone "needs" over 8 gigs for work related purposes....work files are very rarely that huge.....the 32 gigs on iphones are for media....music and movies...

if you want a media phone u should have an iphone instead of your bold...
    I could have even more than 32 GB. I bought three 16 GB microSD cards. Easy enough to switch cards if I want to. Can't do that on an iPhone!
    06-25-09 07:42 PM
    Gosh, where's the Blackberry in that lineup?
    06-25-09 09:03 PM
    Lol any phone that's not a blackberry doesn't stand a chance on these forums rofl

06-26-09 01:15 PM
    Lol any phone that's not a blackberry doesn't stand a chance on these forums rofl

Same thing on the Android and iPhone forums. I own a G1 and frequently visit the Android forums where the BlackBerry is constantly getting reamed. It's especially funny reading posts where people have no clue what a BlackBerry (or iPhone / Android / Palm / Windows Mobile) can or can't do. It's one of those "my phone's the best because I own it" things.
    06-26-09 01:21 PM
    It's one of those "my phone's the best because I own it" things.

Tru. Its real 3rd grade stuff, but its human nature and its fun (if you don't get too serious about it all).

As for the guy above you says the Pre isn't a failure by measure of this review: any brand new phone that can't even compete with its rivals is a failure. This would be like the new Camaro not being able to contend with last year's Mustang. The Pre was supposed to save the world and revive both Palm & Sprint... its not even a contender. Thats why its a failure. But time will tell, and you'll eventually see that with sluggish sales it wasn't the hit they all hoped it would be (a la Instinct).
    06-26-09 01:49 PM
    The launch date is hurting the pre and lack of advertisement. Putting that phone near the 3GS launch is overshadowing it. And any carrier that launches any phone should not try to make any comparisons of their phone to the iphone, its a mistake. They have sooo many people out there that want an iphone and they have no clue why or because it is something new as far a cell phones go. I own an ipod touch and a sprint 8330, waiting to see how MY opinion of the Tour is compared to MY opinion of the Pre. I like the Pre a lot but I do not want to change my current plan.

06-26-09 02:20 PM
    Tru. Its real 3rd grade stuff, but its human nature and its fun (if you don't get too serious about it all).

As for the guy above you says the Pre isn't a failure by measure of this review: any brand new phone that can't even compete with its rivals is a failure. This would be like the new Camaro not being able to contend with last year's Mustang. The Pre was supposed to save the world and revive both Palm & Sprint... its not even a contender. Thats why its a failure. But time will tell, and you'll eventually see that with sluggish sales it wasn't the hit they all hoped it would be (a la Instinct).
    just like when the iphone came out without 3G and was a huge success. And then the iphone 3G that had no cut and paste or MMS was a failure? And the iphone 3GS that does not multitask and has already sold a million in the first weekend? I don't think you really can say that if a phone can't compete on all features then it is a failure. Pre is operating on a new OS. The G1 isn't the most advanced phone, but you can be sure that future android phones have great potential. Same thing with Web OS. If it were such a failure, AT&T and Verizon would not have their executives making promises to be carrying Web OS phones in the next year.
    06-26-09 02:29 PM
    Pre Launch vs Storm Launch who do you think came out with a better device out of the box?

100% no doubt in my mind... PALM.

I have BOTH the Pre and the Storm and i really have to say.. the Pre is going to be a MILLION times better then the Storm.. the storm is/was a disaster, there is no denying it, and there is no denying that the Storm2 name was thrown around so quickly.

The up side to the BB is only the mail is superior.. Other then that.. Laggy OS, unresponsive Lock button, Memory leaks with no Programs installed, Crashes, accelerometer not knowing what side is up, having to use the physical green button to answer calls because the screen may rotate on you and you hang up instead of pick up, battery drain for some people(Some Palm Pre's have this issue), Ahhhh not to mention that gap around the screen that is now full of dust, trouble bubble touchscreen not being responsive around edges, light bleed around the buttons at the bottom.. and this is what i can think of at the top of my head.

Current Palm Pre issues are, reports of battery drain, and some EAS Outlook issues(doesn't accept unsigned SSL certs) and Palm has come out and said less then 60 days full support is coming.

hmmmm thats about it for now. Barley any crashes, barley any complaints of memory leaks.

I would say the Palm Pre is a MUCH more solid device at Launch then the Storm was... and Civic and the top guys can't deny that, and i don't think they will.
    06-26-09 08:31 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD