Is there an equivalent app to Poynt for the Palm Pre and one that can be used in the UK

Any thoughts please?
    05-31-10 07:38 AM
    You can try Where or Yelp. Not sure if they work in the UK tho.
    06-02-10 01:53 PM
    I use Yelp when I need it. It's a very good assembled app but I don't know if it will work in the UK either.
    06-05-10 12:03 AM
    I use Yelp when I need it. It's a very good assembled app but I don't know if it will work in the UK either.
    I have installed Yelp. It helps,but isn't as specific as Poynt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 02:35 AM
    I have installed Yelp. It helps,but isn't as specific as Poynt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I haven't tried where yet. If your looking for locations like movie times and gas stations etc. Where might include those features. I do agree that point is a superior app and would love to see in webOS. I'm gonna email them to ask if they are planning to bring it to webOS.
    06-05-10 05:59 PM
    I haven't tried where yet. If your looking for locations like movie times and gas stations etc. Where might include those features. I do agree that point is a superior app and would love to see in webOS. I'm gonna email them to ask if they are planning to bring it to webOS.
    Please let us know their reply?
    06-15-10 05:53 PM
    I emailed them in the end and got the following, promising reply >>

"Hi there,

Thanks for your email.

We are currently working on versions of Poynt for additional mobile platforms and are looking at Palm Pre, but no release date has yet been announced. You can stay tuned at Poynt is a free local search application for your iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone., as we post all announcements on new versions there.

Enjoy your day,

The Poynt Support Team"
    06-19-10 05:48 PM
    That's good to know that they are at least working on it. I have it on my Curve and love it. My son has the Palm and has been wanting this. I will keep an eye out for updates. Thanks for asking.
    06-23-10 12:15 PM
    There's "Where" which works good. I have been looking for Poynt also, my wife has the palm pixi.
    06-30-10 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD