Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question please help me decide your opinion counts.

Hello to all i need some serious help fast with some good reasons for your replies. I have an upgrade on my sprint line and i previously had the bb 8330 curve which i chose to upgrade for the palm pre. the deal is this, I purchased the device at walmart so I can only choose from their selection or lose my upgrade. My 30 days are up about a week before walmart might be getting the tour. My pre has the oreo twisting thing with it so im going this morning to either exchange it or get me another bb 8330. My original bb i gave to my wife so i dont have that anymore, but heres the deal the pre is nice, ive managed to set it to get great battery life and the os is amazing. The BB curve is the old 4.5 os and its a solid phone however it is outdated but it is free and the pre cost me $200. Three of my 4 lines end their contract in 8 months and im looking to move my service to cricket for cost purposes and I know the bb 8330 can be fully flashed right now but the pre cannot. Should i get another pre and kinda wish for the best with its build quality or just get another 8330 and get my $200 back. One of my thoughts was to get another pre and maybe hope to trade someone down the line for a tour. I dont want to lose my upgrade but i dont know which to choose. I know this is a BB site but please try to be as unbiased as possible. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Leo
    Banned

PIN
    Ball Wizard

If you get good reception and you're happy with the Pre, keep it. I think a lot of the issues I ran into during my test drive can be fixed by firmware upgrades through Palm. I think if you're looking to sell back the device in the near future, the Pre is going to hold it's value a lot better whereas BB comes out with a new device about every quarter or two and many decide theirs is obsolete and they need the new one. That's one plus I seen to the Palm platform. For me the negatives outweighed the positives so I got rid of it before my 30 day was up.
  3. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

three words: poor build quality.

palm spent and invested a lot in r&d of webos. in the hardware department they cut corners, pinched pennies, and used cheap materials construction to even out the spending. if you're concerned about longevity it's pretty clear the pre will not age gracefully. there are many slider phones that were put together better than the pre, yet even those still don't age gracefully.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

tnx im going back to the crack today
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laraiza View Post
    tnx im going back to the crack today
    The best decision you could have made. The Pre sucks!
    Back up - BB Bold 9700, Primary - iPhone 3Gs

OES, DOI & ZPhiB....what more can you ask for?
    ~FES~
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soulfulzeta View Post
    The best decision you could have made. The Pre sucks!
    the Pre does not suck and many reviews prove that. yes it has some hardware issues but not all phones were affected, mine is in perfect condition. Web OS is what makes the Pre shine, compared to blackberry the Pre's OS blows it out of the water. Don't get me wrong BB makes a great product i love the crack myself, i had 3 of them, pearl, curve and the Tour. I went with the Pre cuz im getting tired of the same old BB OS. Maybe one day when BB comes out with a new OS i will make a switch back, but till then its Web OS or Android for me.
  7. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

funny you rank the webos close to android. i've been saying for a while that the palm product will be a lame duck just like the g1 is. lots of initial hype, then the sales nose dive. just goes to prove that the potential of an os alone will not sustain sales. that said, the g1 is a better phone than the pre all things considered.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BzB View Post
    funny you rank the webos close to android. i've been saying for a while that the palm product will be a lame duck just like the g1 is. lots of initial hype, then the sales nose dive. just goes to prove that the potential of an os alone will not sustain sales. that said, the g1 is a better phone than the pre all things considered.
    I think NOT, but that's just my opinion.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

What can't you just take the Pre back and order a Tour from telesales?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just like the G1:

Good software, bad hardware.