I know there are other threads out about the pixi but all seem to be basing judgement mostly on its spec sheet.
    I spent some time with it in the verizon store while waiting on them to replace my storm 2 battery and i must say it was a rather nice experience besides its keyboard. i like the form factor over the pre actually

does anyone else have input on the device vs comparable bb devices that has actually spent sufficient time with the pixi plus?
    03-01-10 10:12 PM
    Man you might be alone i actually have never wanted to pick up one, but now you mention it im getting off early today lol im going to stop at verizon and check it out to give some input on your thread. I honestly didn't even know it was there yet.
    03-02-10 05:07 AM
    Most of the Pre users I've talked to found the Pixi screen too small...
    03-02-10 12:44 PM
    Most of the Pre users I've talked to found the Pixi screen too small...
    yeah i agree the screen was small dont know if it was deal breaker small though
    03-02-10 12:49 PM
    Problem is that the Pixi doesn't really "fix" any of the stuff that people don't like about the Pre, other than maybe the fact that you don't have a slider (which is both a pro and a con).

So it doesn't really change much in terms of webOs phones available or the webOs experience in general, other than the lower price tag.
    03-02-10 12:55 PM
    I really don't know why you would get a Pixi over a Pre unless money wss sn issue. The Pre is better in every way. As far as blackberrys go, I don't see choosing a Pixi over a blackberry. Not saying that it's a bad device, but I wouldn't choose it over the Pre, blackberry, Droid, or Eris.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 06:54 PM
    I actually saw the Palm Pixi in person, and WOW, that phone is TINY. Reallllly small.
    03-07-10 01:50 PM
    Screen is way to small for me on the pixi but the keyboard is so much better than the pre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 06:15 PM
    The Pre has a bigger screen, but the keyboard on the PIXI is easier to use. It is smaller, but not too bad, still smaller than my Tour screen, but I had the Pre for a few weeks and thought about switching to the Pixi just because of the keyboard, but got the Tour instead. The push factor really separates the difference between Palm and BB, with BB you get pushed every 10 minutes with Palm, you get it every 30 minutes.

Also, you can change the themes and update with hybrids. You can't do that with the Pre/Pixi
    Last edited by djontour; 03-10-10 at 04:49 PM. Reason: themes
    03-10-10 04:48 PM
    You can get some homebrew "themes" on webOs, but it's ridiculously limited and you can only install one at a time...

Basically they change all the art files on your device, so you can only change icons, wallpapers, etc.
    03-10-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD