Here is the sprint info and release date on palm pre for those of you wanting to know and prices.

The highly anticipated Palm Pre, available exclusively from Sprint, will be available on June 6 at Sprint Retail Stores, Sprint.com, 1-800-SPRINT1, Best Buy, RadioShack, and Wal-Mart. The Pre will cost $199.99 with a 2-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
    05-19-09 08:31 AM
    At the risk of sounding very silly to the pros around here...I'm on BES with my 8830. Will the Pre have those types of synching capability if I we're to contimplate buying a Pre? What exactly would I need to make sure this unit has to ensure the "BES" type of world where everything synchs up to my Outlook?
    05-19-09 10:06 AM
    15 days till release and still no reviews...pretty crazy stuff.
    Its like Sprint/Palm are hiding device facts keeping its buyers in day dream mode.
    I think their doing so to hide Pre faults that way apple doesn't tear them apart
    05-19-09 10:49 AM
    I just got the release on my facebook...I'd be happier with a release about the Tour :/
    05-19-09 10:51 AM
    At the risk of sounding very silly to the pros around here...I'm on BES with my 8830. Will the Pre have those types of synching capability if I we're to contimplate buying a Pre? What exactly would I need to make sure this unit has to ensure the "BES" type of world where everything synchs up to my Outlook?
    Best way to get answer to your questions is join the confused at Treo Central ,There are over 1000 currently viewing trying to figure out what Pre does and cant do.
    Be Careful though..many Treo Central members seem in bad mood today due to Sprint/Palm lack of pre details
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-pre/
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-19-09 at 10:59 AM.
    05-19-09 10:54 AM
    People don't forget their doing the same thing with the pre like they did with the instinct, you have to get that stupid everything plan
    05-19-09 12:40 PM
    05-19-09 12:40 PM
    I,m looking forward to reviews on June 2..the customers will be only ones providing them lol .
    Palm sent Pre.s out to a selected few last week so reviews could hit the Internet yet it seems they put handcuffs on them which tells me there are some major negatives currently in hiding
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-19-09 at 12:58 PM.
    05-19-09 12:53 PM
    I've been waiting for the Bold...oops the Niagera...oops the Tour forever...well not waiting anymore. It's not even the Tour either.. Sprint gets BlackBerrys months and sometimes over a year after everyone else. I'm gone... I saw all the CES videos on them using an actual Pre. GUI looks slick and better than my friend's iPhone IMO. Watched all 14 CES videos on the Pre and it's as smooth or smoother than an iPhone. All the specs were up on the screen behind the person during the demo so I don't see how they are hiding anything.
    05-19-09 05:21 PM
    GUI looks slick and better than my friend's iPhone IMO. Watched all 14 CES videos on the Pre and it's as smooth or smoother than an iPhone. All the specs were up on the screen behind the person during the demo so I don't see how they are hiding anything.
    More then a few devices that looked good at CES have flopped.To give Pre grade A because of 14 videos watched doesn't excuse Palm may be hiding something.
    The Great Apple iphone videos were pretty popular after CES , It was perfect device no issues..at least that's what CES videos made us think.
    Who knows..after solid 30 min of Pre use battery might shrink down to 50 % with OS crapping into snail's pace.
    What I do know is more then a few received Pre early last week yet NO hands on reviews are available...the unboxing all that good stuff.

My thinking is Palm got reviewers feed back first then put breaks on them releasing for public view...kind of like
    "We gave you device to test ,if your review is leaked you wont be getting any new devices from us to review in future"
    It happens all the time.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-19-09 at 06:11 PM.
    05-19-09 05:50 PM
    Yeah, don't put your confidence in videos. You're only asking to be disappointed.
    05-19-09 06:05 PM
    People don't forget their doing the same thing with the pre like they did with the instinct, you have to get that stupid everything plan
    Pretty sure you only need the Everything Data plan. Which is $70 a month and gives you 450 minutes, unlimited text and MMS, and unlimited data.
    05-19-09 07:17 PM
    yes, all of sprints plan beat any other provider by a long shot.. it sucks that they are the last to get phones, but the service and price are unmatched
    05-19-09 09:34 PM
    yes, all of sprints plan beat any other provider by a long shot.. it sucks that they are the last to get phones, but the service and price are unmatched
    +1
    05-19-09 09:36 PM
    +2
    But really i was going to be able to get the Pre when it comes out due to Connections with Sprint Reps and so on...but i am thinking i would hold off....till a new blackberry comes to sprint. I love the idea of Palms new phone but i am stuck on blackberry...I guess i will have to wait it out...at least i got the Nextel Blackberry 8350i.....(for Free) THANKS SPRINT REP...LOL
    05-19-09 09:48 PM
    I think it's kinda funny that people are quick to assume the worst about the Pre based on other people's assumptions. Get it and try it for 30 days. If you like it, keep it. If you don't like it, return it.
    05-20-09 11:52 AM
    I think it's kinda funny that people are quick to assume the worst about the Pre based on other people's assumptions. Get it and try it for 30 days. If you like it, keep it. If you don't like it, return it.
    I think many are jumping on the Assume bus due to Palms past dealing..they haven't looked to bright last few years.
    With that added to no reviews available it does bring some negativity unfortently.
    I agree , Give it a 30day test drive then return if not liked but many consumers don't take that rout.They want to know what device can do and how it preforms before purchasing.
    Palm has failed to provide such answers yet..hopefully they will be reveled soon.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-20-09 at 01:25 PM.
    05-20-09 01:21 PM
    At the risk of sounding rude which I'm totally trying to avoid because that's not my intention....Getting a Pre w/o out an unlimited data plan is like having a berry w/o unlimited data.....USELESS....so I really don't understand what your point is here. Just like the other person stated you can get unlimited data and text w/either 450 or 900 talk time for $69.99 for 450 and $89.99 for 900 (side note if you're going to pay $89.99 for 900 mintues you might as well cough up the extra $10 and get an SE plan)
    05-20-09 01:26 PM
    A "close personal friend of mine" ;-) will b receiving one on the 27th, as soon as "he" gets it, i will let you berrians know what "he" thinks. pros and cons to come soon...
    05-20-09 03:50 PM
    It's better than assuming the best though...
    05-20-09 04:56 PM
    At the risk of sounding rude which I'm totally trying to avoid because that's not my intention....Getting a Pre w/o out an unlimited data plan is like having a berry w/o unlimited data.....USELESS....so I really don't understand what your point is here. Just like the other person stated you can get unlimited data and text w/either 450 or 900 talk time for $69.99 for 450 and $89.99 for 900 (side note if you're going to pay $89.99 for 900 mintues you might as well cough up the extra $10 and get an SE plan)
    He's probably talking about people who are on the old plans, which still have unlimited data and voice minutes for about $30.
    05-20-09 04:57 PM
    well i can now tell u that the pre is one bad lil phone. Hands on experience says it is one impressive lil phone that i personally would be willing to switch to. i cant say a whole lot about the device and what it does n doesnt do, but i can tell you that its very impressive and easy to use.
    05-28-09 06:05 PM
    Not digging the keyboard... And the previews so far seem to confirm that.
    05-28-09 06:11 PM
    i have one right now and i think its not too bad. the jelly keys are comfy really. its very similar to the palm pro. its not uncomfortable to use or akward.
    05-28-09 06:18 PM
    eight days!
    05-28-09 06:20 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD