i love webOS and would choose the pre but ALL pre's have dead pixels which drive me INSAAAAAAANE, but the pixi does not.

the 9700 is quite appealing though and i did love my bold, just not AT&Ts outrageous plans...

any input here?
    11-21-09 08:50 PM
    i love webOS and would choose the pre but ALL pre's have dead pixels which drive me INSAAAAAAANE, but the pixi does not.

the 9700 is quite appealing though and i did love my bold, just not AT&Ts outrageous plans...

any input here?
    9700 is a much better phone than the pixi.
    11-21-09 09:21 PM
    yeah after looking into it, it definitely is.
    im coming back to crackberryland, permanently(:
    11-21-09 11:04 PM
    I just got the 9700 on Wednesday and I cannot put it down, my 8900 finally can get to retire.
    11-22-09 07:55 PM
    Gotta give T-mobile credit they have stepped their phone selection up a lot. Two of the three phones that i'm currently interested in are slated for a release on t-mobile.
    11-22-09 09:46 PM
    Really? You had to ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 01:57 AM
    9700 is a much better phone than the pixi.
    How so? Still same crappy os, still crappy slow browser.. I would take neither, but if I had to choose it would be the pixi hands down. The 9700 is nothing new, just a tour for the most part. Until rim gets its browser fixed, and better os, it will be behind. webos > bb os

However, if you are not concerned with browsing, and only use your phone for messaging, the bb is for you.
    Last edited by mycrownvic02; 11-24-09 at 08:55 AM.
    11-24-09 08:52 AM
    How so? Still same crappy os, still crappy slow browser.. I would take neither, but if I had to choose it would be the pixi hands down. The 9700 is nothing new, just a tour for the most part. Until rim gets its browser fixed, and better os, it will be behind. webos > bb os

However, if you are not concerned with browsing, and only use your phone for messaging, the bb is for you.
    RIM's success and profit > Palm's success and profit, regardless of whoever thinks whichever OS is better.

Palm is not meeting their own expectations so far with webOs, I can guarantee you that. So far I don't see even close to a large number of devs jumping on the webOs bandwagon, which helps drive device sales, which helps increase the OS adoption...

So what does that all mean? You don't necessarily have to be ahead of the competition to beat them... I like my Pre a lot, but Palm is getting stomped by more than 1 competitor.
    11-24-09 12:28 PM
    RIM's success and profit > Palm's success and profit, regardless of whoever thinks whichever OS is better.

Palm is not meeting their own expectations so far with webOs, I can guarantee you that. So far I don't see even close to a large number of devs jumping on the webOs bandwagon, which helps drive device sales, which helps increase the OS adoption...

So what does that all mean? You don't necessarily have to be ahead of the competition to beat them... I like my Pre a lot, but Palm is getting stomped by more than 1 competitor.
    True, but sooner or later the people will catch on to rim. This using the same equipment, and putting it into another skin for rim will come back to bite them, if it already hasnt. Phones are really starting to get good, especially for 2010. Time will tell though. As for palm, I hope they get their act together. Web os has so much potential.
    11-24-09 12:41 PM
    True, but sooner or later the people will catch on to rim. This using the same equipment, and putting it into another skin for rim will come back to bite them, if it already hasnt. Phones are really starting to get good, especially for 2010. Time will tell though. As for palm, I hope they get their act together. Web os has so much potential.
    Granted the app catalog is young, but Palm so far has mad something like $48,000 on the app catalog... That's peanuts... Tons of individual iphone devs have made more than Palm has.

I have a hard time thinking they are going to pull any devs away from BB or WM or iphone...
    11-24-09 12:46 PM
    went with the 9700, LOVES IT! had a pixi and had a pre and hated them both. pre because of dead pixels and cheap feel; pixi because its too ******* small!

the 9700 is small, but super sturdy and has my favorite mobile keyboard ever made (the original bold's) and BEASTLY good battery life!
    11-24-09 06:11 PM
    9700, no question about it, pre is tiny and crappy keyboard with no wifi... i think. 9700 has 3G, wifi, uma calling (if youre on t-mobile). Sure it might not have a pretty OS like the pre but it gets the job done right?? And i like the OS don't know why people complain about it. Plus 9700 has OS 5.0, which means it practically has no lag what so ever. Yeah the browser sucks on it, but u always have bolt or opera mini to use, and come summer of 2010, RIM is going to have a new browser for new blackberries, which would probably make it the best device out there, again. Just one question, other than the prettines of the pre's OS and the better browser, what's so good about it?
    11-25-09 08:09 AM
    9700, no question about it, pre is tiny and crappy keyboard with no wifi... i think.
    The Pre does have wifi...

Just one question, other than the prettines of the pre's OS and the better browser, what's so good about it?
    The Pre has the best multitasking out of any OS out there (even stated by a lot of android users). Top that off with a browser that is comparable to iphone's safari, card multitasking UI with up to 27 cards running at once, synergy, universal search, and some other stuff, not much I guess...
    Last edited by papped; 11-25-09 at 12:23 PM.
    11-25-09 12:21 PM
    The Pre does have wifi...

The Pre has the best multitasking out of any OS out there (even stated by a lot of android users). Top that off with a browser that is comparable to iphone's safari, card multitasking UI with up to 27 cards running at once, synergy, universal search, and some other stuff, not much I guess...
    the pre also has a screen that attracts scratches extremely easily, ****ty battery life, takes 5-10 seconds for an app to even open, and overall very cheap feel. all from personal experience so not being a blackberry fan boy.
    11-25-09 12:36 PM
    Got my hands on a Pixi for a few minutes yesterday. Found out qiuckly I needed pencil eraser sized thumbs, and I'm just not that into whittling.

Be a good one for teens, but just too uncomfortable for regular use, my hands started cramping in moments.

Cute screen, though.

Haven't seen the 9700 up close yet, but I hear it's nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:51 PM
    the pre also has a screen that attracts scratches extremely easily, ****ty battery life, takes 5-10 seconds for an app to even open, and overall very cheap feel. all from personal experience so not being a blackberry fan boy.
    Any plastic screen attracts scratches easy (aka blackberry). That's also why I got the 2600mah battery. I can go way past 24 hours even signed in to AIM the entire time, in low signal areas and with moderate browsing, sms, some pandora streaming and various apps.

Did you install the cpu scaling or smartreflex patches?

Last time I checked any phone I've ever owned doesn't open most apps immediately. This goes for multiple BBs and WM phones. I've yet to see an app that takes anywhere near 10 seconds to launch...
    11-25-09 12:52 PM
    Ok so I said other than the prettiness of the pre, and the better browser, what's so good about the pre? And u answer 'the browser and the OS'. And even though the multi tasking is prettier, every phone that multi tasks does it good, take a look at the bb it multi tasks, not as pretty but it gets the job done. And the battery is way better on the blackberry than the pre's so is the size of the screen and the phone, the whole form factor is just better. That's just my opinion I know u might disagree. But that's just what I prefer. But I do like that LED light on the pixi, probably the best feature on it. I've used a pre before, couldn't type at all on it it felt too cramped up. Kinda like it wasn't meant to be used. But I prefer the bb. And my bb is always running msn, yahoo and aim in the background and would probably last me all day long if I didn't use it to play music, browse the web, text, and talk on the phone for most of the day. But one day I had it on with no use and by the end of the day it was down to 90 percent. I did some texting but just a little. Idk if the pre's battery is better than that!
    Last edited by OskahOfDisastah; 11-25-09 at 03:32 PM.
    11-25-09 03:29 PM
    I'm not talking about the "prettiness" of the OS...

I stated specific features, like universal search, synergy, card multitasking being very easy to use and effective (I didn't say anything about looking nice).

If you summarize that as "the browser and the OS" looking pretty then I'm wasting my time because you aren't really reading what I said.
    11-25-09 03:40 PM
    Also RIM's chat apps use server push, so yeah they better result in better battery life...
    11-25-09 03:47 PM
    I'm not talking about the "prettiness" of the OS...

I stated specific features, like universal search, synergy, card multitasking being very easy to use and effective (I didn't say anything about looking nice).
    Multitasking is just as easy to use on the 9700 as it is on the Pre. Just hold the BB button and swipe through the apps. It's not as pretty though. You just get to see a ribbon of Icons, not the pretty little card view.

Universal search on the Pre is a joke.

Synergy is overrated but the latest BB Facebook software provides integration between facebook and the BB address book. Sounds like synergy to me.

The BB OS on the 9700 is robust and lighting fast. WebOS is slow and laggy. The only thing the Pre does better is Web Browsing.
    12-04-09 01:56 PM
    Synergy is overrated but the latest BB Facebook software provides integration between facebook and the BB address book. Sounds like synergy to me.
    So your idea of synergy being equal is BB syncing just FB and your contacts?

I take it you've used webOs very little if you think that is identical... I have no interest in arguing with the fanboys. The 9700 forum is right around the corner.
    Last edited by papped; 12-04-09 at 02:27 PM.
    12-04-09 02:23 PM
    So your idea of synergy being equal is BB syncing just FB and your contacts?

I take it you've used webOs very little if you think that is identical... I have no interest in arguing with the fanboys. The 9700 forum is right around the corner.
    I guess you can't read. I didn't claim they were identical. As for using WebOS, I downloaded the SDK and experimented a bit with app development. I have to say I wasn't very impressed.

I also wasn't too impressed with the terrible PIM apps on WebOS.

I wouldn't call myself a fan boy of the 9700 but it is much nice than my work 8320. I look forward to switching the SIM from my Centro shortly.
    12-04-09 03:48 PM
    Great, enjoy the 9700.

The OP can choose not get the Pre due to your experimenting with the SDK.
    12-04-09 03:58 PM
    I HATED the prixi. For the price you can have a pre to begin with but the keys are way too small on it and its extremely slowwwww!
    12-05-09 01:39 PM
    To be honest I kind of feel that the pixi is sexy and I think the webOS is smooth.. But the 9700 is just too darn sexy to reject! lol
    12-06-09 04:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD