for those who have or had the palm pixi, I'd like to hear an overview of the phone, whats good and bad about it? I've been doing research on this phone and i would like an opinion from someone who owns it.
    12-15-09 10:33 AM
    I love the song used in their commercial!
    12-15-09 11:48 AM
    Main complaint I've heard is that the screen is smaller than the Pre.

OS is pretty much the same thing.
    12-15-09 12:29 PM
    Not as quick as the Pre though, and given the Pre lags a bit...

Says a lot.
    12-15-09 01:52 PM
    Right now it's running a newer version of the OS though that the Pre doesn't have yet. Will be mitigated once 1.3.5 releases for both though.

It's all software optimization issues (for both the Pre and Pixi) which long term makes it kind of a moot point. I would wait to see how both pan out after 1.3.5 releases.
    12-15-09 01:59 PM
    I tried both at the store. Pixi has the better hardware, it feels like a very thin Centro in your hand and it felt good enough that if do drop it nothing will happen. The Pre is better in that it has a bigger scren, wi-fi, and faster processor. Nevertheless the Pre has a crappy hardware, hopefully you don't get a crappy Pre, I lucked out getting a good one after I exchanged my first one. But sliders tend to weaker just because of the slider mechanisms. What finally made me decide pre was wi-fi, bigger screen, and not as laggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:54 PM
    Hi all,

I had a chacne to mess with a Pixi for a while. Fabulous little phone if I do say so.

Here is what I can tell you abou the hardware. The overall feel is quite light. I mean it feels like it weighs half of my Storm. Even though it is feathery light, it seems robust enough to handl every day misshaps, drops and such. It really feels great in your hand, not too big and not too small. I can actually see myself dropping this in my pocket. My last couple of phones; Storm 1 and World Phone were too big and heavy to carry with out a holster.

The keyboard is quite intuitive to use and I have it say that if you have typed on your blackberry, this will only take an hour or so of practice to get accustom to it. A few things I missed when typing: holding a key long enough to make it cap, it just repeats the letter. I also miss having all the basic punctuation added for me at the end of a sentence.

The screen is small compared to modern touch screen devices. But the colors look great and backlighting never seemed to be a problem.

WebOS is a lot of fun and realy intuitive to use. I did have to figure out some of the "gesture movements" to work the phone, but it was really easy to use once you get the idea of using them.

The browser feels quick. I would say as quick as an Android phone. I love the tile or card system for navigating open apps.

Things I would miss if I switched: profile switching as done on the Blackberryies. Not only automatically when docking your device, but just in general. You only have two options that are easy to get to on the Pixi, alerts on or off. No customization of a normal, loud, medium, silent... you ge the picture.
    I would miss many of the apps I have. Until they get closer to things I want, I'm going to stay clear.
    Removable memory is a big deal to me. I have over 1000 songs and keep some pictures with me all the time. Add a couple of videos, and I'm sure I would be out of space on the 7gb user area of the Pixi.
    The camera isn't that great. 2mb and the flash seemed to either be too bright or too weak.

I hear that it may come to Verizon, and if it does I will have to take a serious look at it. I'm getting really tired of these devices getting big and heavy. This one really felt great in the hand.

Rob
    12-21-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD