I'm so very sorry for posting in the part of the forum, I have posted in the WebOS forum but had no luck.. I was wondering when the Palm Pre and/or Pixi will be available via GSM on At&t? If anyone knows I'd appreciate it very, very much. I am just curious because I might look into it if I ever leave BB for good
    03-09-10 11:34 PM
    let me ask this. what would be the point of having gsm palm pre on at&t when we know the blackberry slider is headed to at&t? doesn't make sense at all to have both on the same carrier.
    03-10-10 12:04 AM
    Well, webos is so much more advanced than what blackberry has out right now for software. That's like saying you can only have one flip phone on each carrier, doesn't really make sense, pal. Also, why wouldn't they have more than one kind of slider on at&t? It's called competition. People wouldn't make money if it weren't for competition especially in the mobile market.
    03-10-10 12:30 AM
    Dont worry youll get a ton of BB fanboy answers like that for even hinting at wanting to switch to a different platform. Just because its the same form factor doesnt make it close to the same phone. Do whats best for you not to appease these people.

It should be on ATT in in the next few months though. But it might be some 3rd new model. Might want to hold off and wait a bit.
    03-10-10 12:48 AM
    I hope the AT&T version is better than the Sprint version of the Palm Pre. I went through five in a week due hardware issues. WebOS has its pluses but it still has some major limitations. Pay close attention to the screen and sliding mechanism before you buy. Incidentally, the keyboard wasn't so bad. After a few days I actually really enjoyed the typing experience and I have bigger thumbs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:40 AM
    Well, webos is so much more advanced than what blackberry has out right now for software. That's like saying you can only have one flip phone on each carrier, doesn't really make sense, pal. Also, why wouldn't they have more than one kind of slider on at&t? It's called competition. People wouldn't make money if it weren't for competition especially in the mobile market.
    The web browser is definitely better and they now have some ports of iPhone games. OTOH a BB 9700 is so much faster and the battery life isn't even close (not entirely OS related of course).
    03-14-10 07:12 PM
    I had a Palm Pre + for about 2 weeks - and I did not like it - great web browser - but not very customizable like the BB is. And the battery life is just atrocious.

WebOS has promise, but it pales in comparison to any BB. And the slider gets old real quick. I think you would really miss that big beautiful keyboard you have.
    03-15-10 12:05 AM
    I had a Palm Pre + for about 2 weeks - and I did not like it - great web browser - but not very customizable like the BB is. And the battery life is just atrocious.

WebOS has promise, but it pales in comparison to any BB. And the slider gets old real quick. I think you would really miss that big beautiful keyboard you have.

I see so many posts like this one above "i had so and so phone for a week/two weeks, a month........and then went back to my old so and so. How are you all doing this? I am lookign as switching from my 8300 and TMobile to the Palm Pre + and Verizon. I am really worried abount making the switch, but knowing that i could just "go back" may make the switch easier....So whats the deal, why do i see so many people say that?
    03-15-10 09:01 PM
    I see so many posts like this one above "i had so and so phone for a week/two weeks, a month........and then went back to my old so and so. How are you all doing this? I am lookign as switching from my 8300 and TMobile to the Palm Pre + and Verizon. I am really worried abount making the switch, but knowing that i could just "go back" may make the switch easier....So whats the deal, why do i see so many people say that?
    You have 30 days to return the device after you buy it without penalty. If you don't like the device, you can get a different one or go back to your previous device.

03-15-10 09:08 PM
    Wow.....i have never heard this. That is awesome though. Is this like an "unwritten" deal or is this actually in the contract somewhere? Either way its good info to know. Thank You
    03-16-10 06:03 AM
    I switched & i love it!
    03-16-10 10:55 AM
    You're gonna switch back, that's all I have to say...
    03-16-10 01:06 PM
    So true. It's hard to get off the crack.
    03-19-10 09:06 AM
    You told me the same thing. You were right. I didn't last a week before I hung it up.
    03-20-10 10:09 AM
    I'm about to switch to a 8330 from the Pre... I'd say don't switch to WebOS yet, since it's still not a very efficient OS yet.
    03-25-10 06:34 AM
    ha i had such a horrible experience with both blackberries i owned that i'm never going back to another one. i mean, how come when i abuse a dumbphone it'll work with no problems for years but i get a blackberry and baby it but it just stops working? same thing happened with my storm. i'm very happy with my pre plus. and that 800mhz overclock is simply amazing
    04-12-10 04:05 PM
    i'm very happy with my pre plus. and that 800mhz overclock is simply amazing
    It's also not safe for the hardware...
    04-12-10 04:34 PM
    I'm about to switch to a 8330 from the Pre... I'd say don't switch to WebOS yet, since it's still not a very efficient OS yet.
    BlackBerrys just work. They aren't the most exciting devices but they work and are extremely efficient.

04-17-10 06:00 AM
    BlackBerrys just work. They aren't the most exciting devices but they work and are extremely efficient.

my droid and iphone work better than my 9700 did. everyone phone works lol
    04-17-10 11:59 AM
    my droid and iphone work better than my 9700 did. everyone phone works lol
    Not everyone's phone works. I had five Palm Pres and two Heros that didn't work. Out of the box, your device should work properly. Those devices didn't. My BlackBerrys have always worked out of the box.

04-17-10 10:58 PM
    Not everyone's phone works. I had five Palm Pres and two Heros that didn't work. Out of the box, your device should work properly. Those devices didn't. My BlackBerrys have always worked out of the box.

If you have had 7 DOA phones as what your describing, then sorry but you just have mere bad luck
    04-19-10 01:03 PM
    If you have had 7 DOA phones as what your describing, then sorry but you just have mere bad luck
    I don't think they were all DOA out of the box. The Pre phones do have a high rate of hardware defects. Oreo effect on the original Pre was basically a given with short-term usage.
    04-19-10 01:54 PM
    papped is right.

BB kills the Pre when it comes to hardware.
    04-19-10 07:13 PM
    Likely the high return rate is why radio shack is no longer going to carry any webos phones...
    04-21-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD