So I swapped my Sprint Pre for a BB Curve 8330. All I have to say is, if I like BB this much when I'm using OS4, I can only imagine what it would be like using a new BB running OS6! I love the customization, but most of all the battery life! My Pre could barely last a day if I used it sparingly.
    08-06-10 01:49 PM
    Welcome, make sure you look around there are forums for everythinghere. If you need anything PIN me. It's in my header.
    08-06-10 02:19 PM
    Get BerryBuzz so you can customize the LED alert colors. That way you know blue = email, green = sms, etc, etc...
    08-06-10 02:23 PM
    I also switched from a Pre back in May. I LOVE my BB. I have to agree with the battery life. It's sooo much better.

And take papped's advice, BerryBuzz rocks!!!
    08-07-10 04:01 PM
    The one thing that didn't annoy me on all of my BB models was BerryBuzz.

I won't be back to the BB world, after the Pre either iPhone or Android, but I will cosign the BerryBuzz recommendation.
    08-10-10 03:17 AM
    The 8330 is a classic. Was the first BB that I have owned and one of the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:36 AM
    I'm also going to make the switch from a Pre to a BB. After using it for 1.5 years, I'm getting too annoyed with it. The cloud connectedness of Palm's offerings is definitely top notch and I like it a lot. But the poor battery life is really annoying, esp. if you travel a lot. Also I somehow feel that all that slider + touchscreen design makes me spend more time operating the phone than I would want to: Got an email? Slide up to get the keyboard to get the unlock screen, thumb in the unlock code, tap email icon once to expand, tap a second time to read. Just irritating.
    That's why I recently placed an order for a Bold 9780 and I'm excited to get my hands on the device (the unlocked, non-branded version that I want has not arrived in Germany yet). I hope that it lives up to its reputation.
    01-05-11 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD