Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Interested in switching from Pre to Blackberry

I currently have my 6th Pre and im tired of all the crap its brought on me. Im asking for a new phone for Christmas and Blackberrys seem to suit me well. On the Pre I liked the hombrew and rooting. I noticed I could do somewhat similar things on Blackberrys so Im wondering which blackberry model would be the best for me.

Any ideas?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

If you want to stay with Sprint, either the Storm 2 or the Tour are good choices. If GSM carriers are an option, then the entire family of BlackBerry devices are open to you. I haven't used the GSM models, so I can't comment on those.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Sprint models are extremely limited. The ancient 8330, the 8530 when it releases (which is missing some things like wifi and a higher res screen), the Tour, or the Tour2 when it releases.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts

Lets start off by saying I love my Pre and I'm starting to like my new blackberry. Its 7 am and my pre been on all night and my blackberry just now waking up from auto off. I really love that feature. But for playing with my blackberry for not a week yet. I'm starting to be thankful for the much larger screen and clean UI on WebOS. It can be slow sometimes but how fast palm is releasing updates make me want to keep my pre. If we were still on 1.1.3 I would of been left. One thing I love and haven't really noticed on my pre is how fast the web is compared to my bold 9700. Man its fast. And muti tasking is a big plus. I know you can switch applications on the blackberry but if I want more than one web page open at a time then the pre is perfect. I can load mutilple web sites on my pre faster then what my blackberry can load just crackberry full site.

I haven't had any problems with my launch day pre yet but it slowly starting to wobble and the usb door fell off and I think I'm starting to get a crack but I can't tell because I got the screen protector on. And thank god I got insurance I just don't want to deal with sprint or palm just for a problem I could of cause. Because I toss my pre around like a brick. Its 6 months old and I don't want to get a pre with more problems than I already got.

if I were you I say go for it and get a new phone and if you don't like it then that's you. I might take my blackberry back and just pick up an ipod touch for my gaming needs that the pre lacking. But hopefully at CES palm with announce something good like last year.

oh did I tell you how slow blackberry browser is? I shouldn't have to download a 3rd party browser RIM should get there's right. That's the only deal breaker for me. Because my bold is sexy and did I mention the other day when my friend picked up my blackberry the 1st thing she did was touch my screen thinking its a touchscreen I had to explain to her its a blackberry they usually don't have touchscreens only the storm. Hope that's help. If you going to try a phone I say get the best one out there. Bold or the storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts

that's funny it says I posted from my crackberry but I'm on my pre.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I was deciding to whether I should switch to a Tour or Hero. I decided to switch from my Pre to the Hero. I miss the physical keyboard but I am slowly getting use to the virtual one. I had a HTC phone in the past so I know their built qualities. I just miss the Pre's multitasking and web browser, everything else the hero rocks at!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Deep View Post
    that's funny it says I posted from my crackberry but I'm on my pre.

ROFL. Around here all us addicts have crackberries no matter the manufacturer.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Try the tour or hero if you wanna stay on sprint. They are both great phones.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Switch from Pre to Tour. I have had it a week now. I love the hardware of the Tour a lot better. I really like the software of the Tour, but there are certain things that I wish were of the Tour. I miss the Threaded texting and multi tasking. One thing I am disappointed about, and it's not Blackberry's fault, butso many of the Apps either don't work like thay are suppose too or they slow the Tour down so much that I have to remove them. With all that said, I believe I will stay with the Tour.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

If you are going to switch to the Tour you should just wait for the Tour2 to come out, as for me I went from the Pre to Hero and I love this device more than the Pre. My battery can actually stand a day of use! The app market is amazing, and 2.1 is going to rock! With either phone you pick you are for sure getting a better built quality and battery life.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawninut View Post
    Switch from Pre to Tour. I have had it a week now. I love the hardware of the Tour a lot better. I really like the software of the Tour, but there are certain things that I wish were of the Tour. I miss the Threaded texting and multi tasking.
    Like all Blackberries the Tour has multitasking. The Bold 9700 and Storm 2 have threaded texting as will the Tour 2. You should be able to upgrade the Tour to support threaded texting soon.