Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Has anyone switched from a Bold to the Pre?

I'm a Bold owner currently pondering a switch to the Pre. I'm relatively content with my Bold, but the Pre has my attention. The operating system looks like it would fit me perfectly and I like the touch screen along with the qwerty keyboard also. Like I asked in the title, has any other Bold users switched to the Pre? If so was it a good move or did you like your Bold better? Sprint is also the best carrier when it comes to coverage in my area so that is another plus if I decided to move to the Pre. Anyones experiences with the Pre are welcome too, even if the Bold wasn't your last device, I would still like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

I have the Bold, Pre and the iPhone. I believe the Pre takes a bit from both worlds and even does a few things better.

Better than the iPhone, messaging (minus bbm), it threads all your messages from a single contact (IM, SMS, MMS, Email, etc.)

Better than BlackBerry, it multitasks w/o compromising memory (up to 7-10 items I believe, forgot what the number is).

And the bad:

The app store isn't there yet and Palm has yet to release the SDK for devs to make apps.

The touchscreen isn't as good as the iPhone and depending on your hands, you may not like the keyboard. I have big hands and didn't mind the kb at all. Only editable text can be cut, copied and pasted. At that point, you might as well rewrite it yourself.

I am going back and forth on whether or not I'm keeping the Pre, but IMO, I won't use it and it would be a waste next to my iPhone.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    UP DOLLS

I would say what a little bit longer before making the plunge and sign away your life for a year or two. Worst case is the phone drops in price. hahah
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

If I did switch, I would buy off eBay like I did with my Bold and then go month-month if that's possible, I haven't looked that far ahead. When I started with AT&T, I signed a 2 year contract at the Apple store when the iPhone 3G came out last August. I bought my Bold brand new off of eBay and just swapped sim card from iPhone to Bold and then switched iPhone data for BlackBerry data. Is it possible that I buy the Pre either from eBay or another third party and just go month-month with Sprint?