im a palm pre user and the battery life is very poor.. Its almost like haven a win mobile phone.
    06-30-09 04:17 PM
    Ive noticed Batt life gets better after time. I can got thru a whole day with out needing charge
    06-30-09 06:02 PM
    I want the european version My blackberry OS is getting kind of OLD! This Palm Pre seems to be the "iphone" that I want. It has a new OS with potential, changeable battery and a keyboard...
    07-01-09 08:23 AM
    Check Precentral's forums for some more info. There are like a million threads about it, some folks have decent, some folks REALLY bad. Though it seems like these updates are making it better, or at least for some folks. It does get better as the battery gets acclimated to use though.
    07-01-09 04:17 PM
    I've had my Pre for 6 days now and have been monitoring the battery very closely. I get through the day easily. I text a lot, take some phone calls, and do a lot of browsing/youtube/apps. I just turn screen brightness down when I'm indoors and set my email to push every 30 minutes. I also don't let apps sit in the background when I'm not really using them. It's not too hard to manage the battery.
    07-01-09 04:59 PM
    is it me or i read somewhere if u leave WiFi-On it helps battery life (weird though)
    07-02-09 10:18 PM
    It does as long as you have wifi at the places you spend the most time (like home and work). The Pre will favor the wifi connection when it can, and give you faster and more efficient data transfer.
    07-04-09 09:02 AM
    well i read the 1350 mAh battery is out from Seido.. now lets see how much improvement that gives
    07-10-09 10:58 PM
    what about apple-iPhone battery life
    07-21-09 02:14 AM
    when i first got my ipod touch i charged it and left it home and went to dinner. came home stared my syncing of goodies. killed the batt with in a couple of hours(good thing cause i never would have gone to bed.)

the same thing happened with my blackberry but not as bad. for that matter it happened with all my smart devices, when i had pocket pcs it was the same deal. after a week or so of use and the new ness and you have found what it can do that battery life will go up a lot. this also proved tru with my friends iphone.

i know you can tweak devices to the point, they get better battery but at what cost.

if you work in a office and can charge it during the day then why worry if you work out side in the field then get a over sized battery.
    07-21-09 08:03 AM
    Now when I hook the Pre up to the wall charger to charge the phone; or hook it up to my laptop to charge...the screen comes on and stays on with the icon of a battery with a lightning bolt in the middle of it (with a red bar at the bottom of the battery icon).

1.) Is the screen supposed to stay on when it's charging?
    2.) If it is supposed to stay on when charging; is it supposed to show the progress?

Please help with any advice/input; thanks.
    11-19-09 12:37 PM
    I got my Pre on Jan 25th, and the battery life stinks. Verizon is now putting out a supplemental sheet for how to save the battery life on the Pre Plus, but none of the suggestions seemed to help me. Obviously, the more you use it for e-mails, the more it's going to drain. With that said, it would last me until about 2-3pm (after being on the charger all night of course). I would say I am not a super power user - maybe 7 e-mails, web surfing, a few texts, MMS. Oh yeah, and a half-dozen phone calls.

Too bad - great web browser. But in the end, I'm taking it back tomorrow. I love..... miss my Curve 8330. Oh, you were waiting for the Funny part of this (based on the title of this post)?

It is now the evening of 2/3. I had not touched my curve since Jan 25 (and not turned it off either), yet when I reached in the Verizon bag - the Curve was still charged! Almost dead, but it was still alive. Granted, it was not activated, searching for signal, etc... but that was just too funny, at least that's what I think.
    Last edited by mountainman; 02-03-10 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added part about not turning the curve off
    02-03-10 10:14 PM
    Now when I hook the Pre up to the wall charger to charge the phone; or hook it up to my laptop to charge...the screen comes on and stays on with the icon of a battery with a lightning bolt in the middle of it (with a red bar at the bottom of the battery icon).

1.) Is the screen supposed to stay on when it's charging?
    2.) If it is supposed to stay on when charging; is it supposed to show the progress?

Please help with any advice/input; thanks.
    I'm pretty sure mine didn't do that. I think it went to a black screen with the unlock thing on the bottom and any notifications.

In regards to the battery life, it is not great but I could get it to last a day. The first two days I had it, the battery life was horrible and was dead by 5 PM but it got much better after a few days. Also it seem that my battery life was better when I set my email to get as soon as I receive it. Phone calls kill the battery life also. I had everything off and brightness set to 10%. I think the battery life ruins the deck of cards feature, since I had to close all my apps to save battery life.
    02-09-10 06:27 PM
    That was my biggest complaint with the Pre. What good is a phone that I have to disable all the features that made me want to buy the phone in the first place so it will last a full day? If I can't have. Phone that will last all day, I can't use that phone. What good is a phone that has all it's features turned off so the battery will last?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 11:40 PM
    That was my biggest complaint with the Pre. What good is a phone that I have to disable all the features that made me want to buy the phone in the first place so it will last a full day? If I can't have. Phone that will last all day, I can't use that phone. What good is a phone that has all it's features turned off so the battery will last?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's why the added bulk from the seidio 2600mah battery is worth it imo. Otherwise the phone doesn't last long enough to rely on...

Even with the 2600mah battery the Pre burns through it like it's 1300mah or so on another phone...
    02-18-10 06:29 PM
    I don't see how people can get so upset about having to charge their phone EVERYday. I've had the S1 since it's release and I often have to charge it during the day and everynight. I never saw it as a real problem.

Am I just odd?
    02-21-10 10:31 AM
    I don't think you understand the severity of the Pre battery issues... You can kill the phone in hours, not a day even. As in it dies before you get home to charge it.
    02-21-10 08:16 PM
    I don't think you understand the severity of the Pre battery issues... You can kill the phone in hours, not a day even. As in it dies before you get home to charge it.

I've had the same problem with S1, even after turning off most of the "battery killing" settings/apps. When I get up at 6am, after the morning's emails, SMS and web stuff, I'm usually charging it on my lunch break. I've never considered this a problem, but a symptom of heavy-ish usage and spotty coverage.

Should battery life be a deal-breaker if I'm looking to switch from S1 to Palm Pre Plus?
    02-21-10 10:40 PM
    I've had the same problem with S1, even after turning off most of the "battery killing" settings/apps. When I get up at 6am, after the morning's emails, SMS and web stuff, I'm usually charging it on my lunch break. I've never considered this a problem, but a symptom of heavy-ish usage and spotty coverage.

Should battery life be a deal-breaker if I'm looking to switch from S1 to Palm Pre Plus?
    You don't need heavy usage to kill the phone in hours. Moderate to light usage will kill it just fine. As to whether or not that's a deal breaker to you, that depends on you. Are you willing to work around it?

Keep in mind stuff like email accounts will poll (uses more battery), IM clients constantly use your data connection (huge, huge battery drain compared to push clients like RIMs), rendering large webpages frequently, 3d gaming, etc.

Basically your options are to charge it mid day somehow, or to get a much larger, extended battery.
    Last edited by papped; 02-22-10 at 02:42 AM.
    02-22-10 02:09 AM
    Charging dock or usb cable always at your desk at work FTW!

Chris
    02-22-10 02:56 AM
    I had a Pre, it's horrible. The new Pre Plus is even worse because it has double the RAM. More RAM consumes more power.

I got by with multiple Touchstone chargers, placed at every spot I spent time in during the day. It's the only way to live with that device. If I was away from chargers I would simply try not to use it unless I absolutely had to.

My 9700 can be used heavily for 2 days without a problem. I don't even think about the battery with the 9700. It's not as "sexy" as the Pre, but it is dependable and that's what counts.
    02-22-10 03:35 AM
    wow, i remember when palm used to be the standard for smart phones. What's hard to believe is that this wasn't that long ago.
    02-25-10 10:10 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD