CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using blackberry in Denmark

I'm a Blackberry noob and apologize for my noobish quesitons. I live in Denmark and would very much like to get a Blackberry. Only one carrier here supports BIS for private customers (others do support it but only for business users). I would prefer not to change carriers. Therefore I have the following questions:

1. It seems that without a Blackberry dataplan I cannot use integrated mail-client, browser, etc. I've read that there are workarounds to this issue. Can anyone confirm? If I can browse and use Gmail and google maps I'm happy...

2. Is there anything stopping me from keeping my current carrier and the dataplan I have now (not blackberry) and getting a Blackberry BIS-account from a carrier in another country?

3. The one carrier that provides blackberry dataplans here only gives you 100 MB of monthly use, 20 cents / MB above that. How effective is the BB's data compression?

Thank you in advance.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

The best is to switch to a carrier that supports BIS, but as you told there is only one that supports that in Danmark. And that offers 100mb per mont wich is not enough, my montly use is around 250/350 mb per month (BBM, checking email, whatsapp, facebook (updates every hour), ubersocail (twitter, updates every 10 min.))
    CrackBerry Abuser

blackberry compression is pretty effective. When I travel to Europe I get 75MB allowed per month and I can usually come under that using some Google maps and all the emails & BBM I want. Just don't watch Youtube.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Which carrier is this that supports BIS? I would very much like to know, as I am thinking about buying a Blackberry myself.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I live in Denmark and I'm on 3's network with BIS. You just have to call them and get BIS arranged - it costs like 100kr/month. I have no idea why im posting in English, but whatever... :P Probably a late answer, but better late than never!
    Quote Originally Posted by wewillburntori View Post
    Which carrier is this that supports BIS? I would very much like to know, as I am thinking about buying a Blackberry myself.