Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default TSTT BB users

Looking for support and information exchange re TSTT BB service, what upgrades et c work and the like.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Hello Phantom, you are not alone.
    Been trying to get my Pearl to hook up as a modem with intermittent success. don't know if its them or the OS is buggy that way.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Your Hopes On Me

before i switched to a curve i got my pearl to work as a modem. you can send me a pin message for the pdf. 2060F2F7
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I got it to work a couple minutes at a time. From what i've read around the forums, it seems to be a bug in the OS. wiped my phone 3 times in search of the solution. have had system 4.2.1.107 (came with the phone), downgraded to 4.2.1.102, and then to 4.2.1.104 (straight from them) and it still hangs up after 2 minutes.
    I also should state that i'm not on their BB service. I had gprs on a SE K510 which worked like a dream. the only difference i can see is my "edge" lettering is in lower case. I am able to browse via opera, and have a neat lil email program called logicmail to check my email. but i need to send stuff off my mac laptop when i'm on the road. that's what i need it for. otherwise i'm one happy pearl user. would love to get the info tough
    CrackBerry Genius

Hello TSTT people.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

re using the Pearl as a modem... the desktop manager needs to be running to ensure connection, not sure if modem capabilities are there without BES/ BIS though.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

thanks Phantom, but i forgot to mention the most important piece of info... i'm on a mac ( PowerBook G4 - pre intel) so DM is not an option.
    i do get to work in short stints ( a minute or two)... still looking for an answer why it hangs up so constantly.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hey everyone....have you been having any problems with the BB messenger?
    Since yesterday I havent been able to send or receive any BB messages
    My friend with a BB been having the same problem so am wondering if it's a TSTT problem.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Solachica,
    do you hav BES/ BIS?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

mouseondnet,
    have you tried PocketMac, look at Doc ID KB04827

PocketMac for BlackBerry
    Doc ID : KB04827
    Last Modified : 2007-06-12
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment

* PocketMac® for BlackBerry®
    * Mac OS® X 10.3 Panther through OS X 10.4.3 Tiger

Details
    Similar to BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Microsoft® Windows operating systems, PocketMac for BlackBerry software is a desktop application for use on the Apple Macintosh® operating system.

PocketMac is fully integrated with iSync. When a user connects a supported BlackBerry wireless device to the computer through a universal serial bus (USB) port, PocketMac starts the synchronization process while recharging the device battery.

PocketMac for BlackBerry allows Macintosh users to synchronize the following Mac and third-party personal information management (PIM) items:

Address Book Contacts
    Daylite Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
    iCal® Calendar and Tasks
    Microsoft® Entourage® Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes
    Now Contact®/Now Up-To-Date® Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
    Stickies Notes

PocketMac is available in English only.

Additional Information

For PocketMac minimum requirements, see KB04826.

For a list of supported devices, see KB-04824.

Refer to the BlackBerry web page on PocketMac for more information.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

hey Phantom,
    yep.. i've got pocket mac running fine (apparently better than most if you read the forums. that's how i get to install/unistall 3rd party software and for a back up of my address book. but that's it. any other installs/wipes i have to bump my BF off his windoze laptop.

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

My BB messenger wasn't working for a few days, too.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thanks for the response everyone.
    This morning the BB messenger started working again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Yesterday I was reminded of why I hate TSTT.
    I bought the Curve last year and after abt 2 mths the trackball wasnt working. I took in into TSTT and the girl there told me tht they would see if they could repair it and it would take approx. 62 WORKING DAYS. She gave me a 8800 and said that was on loan until my problem with Curve was fixed. All she gave me was the 8800 and case. No box or charger because she said I already had the charger for the Curve that would work.
    Yesterday i went into TSTT and asked abt my Curve. The girl there would look to tell me that the 8800 was my REPLACEMENT fone and tht I cannot get a Curve.
    I told her it was my understanding that the 8800 was on loan. She said no it was a replacement.
    I told her if I wanted an 8800 I would have bought it but when they loaned me this they said they had no Curve in stock.
    So she tells me nothing she can do about it because my BB was replaced with the 8800 and tht if I wanted a refund I would have to bring in the box, charger and BB and tht would take approx. 2-3 mths for the refund.
    I was like.. BUT i was never given the box or charger for the 8800 !!!
    So now am stuck with the 8800.
    Thing is they never gave me any document saying tht the 8800 was my replacement but on their computer system it's saying tht it was my replacement handset.
    I hate TSTT !!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Well I took in the 8800 for the refund but thts going to take 2-3mths to get.
    I bought a Curve again but this time I had to pay full price because one girl said it wasn't a year yet since I made the last purchase and another girl said I am a coporate employee and not coporate customer (I really don't know wht she was talking abt). I tried telling her I had gotten the discounted rate last time.
    Then after abt spending 1.5 hrs at TSTT with the return and purchase I just didn't bother anymore and bought my Curve and left.
    I now have the 8310 but really have no use for gps. I also got a 1G scandisk memory card and earphones with this BB. Didn't get tht last year when I had bought the 8300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

TSTT continues to disappoint and so undermine their market share. Even now Pearl (8100) users are unable to utilize an OS higher than 4.2.1.96(4.2.1 rel 158) and expect BIS to work.
    Last edited by Phantom; 03-19-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

sounds like another day in paradise.
    CrackBerry Genius

TSTT policies take advantage of the customers.
    But sometimes I wonder if the employess know wht they are doing and saying because sometimes they tell you two different things for same question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Hi Solachica
    It seems each branch of Tstt has its own policies or implement the company's policies differently. I recently purchased my Curve but had to visit two branches before I could buy it. I purchased a cell during Tstt's Christmas promotion but wanted to get the 8310 during the recent BB special. I visited the Pos branch on a Friday to enquire if this was possible, the rep said yes. So I visited the Trincity office the next day to buy the cell. However at Trincity, the sales rep said I had to wait six months to upgrade. By then the special would be up. So I called a friend who told me I just had to sign a new 2yr contract. Well I purchased the BB on Monday at the Pos office with no problems, and I received excellent service too.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

I spoke to TSTT Blackberry helpdesk last week enquiring about mms service for BBs especially since I've had mms issues. The CSR idicated that unfortunately their system doesn't support mms. It's not entirely true. We are limited to 300k msgs and receipt is questionable. If anyone can find a solution or any info that can allow us to use mms, pls feel free to share with us.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Hey phantom,
    i didn't even know there was a limit..can't think of a way to get around dat. is there a way you could compress it? or put it up on a website via computer and send the link to it instead? that's a long workaround... but that's all i could think of. hope that helps.
  22. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

I can't believe the issues you folks have with TSTT!! C&W Barbados (aka Careless & Wuffless) seems to have no issues so far, except that they won't upgrade to EDGE so we till on GPRS . So much so that when my wife's Treo 650 was stolen she insisted that her firm replace it with a Curve, and now I plan to give one to my son before he heads back to India to finish his studies.

Anybody upgrade to OS 4.3?
    CrackBerry User

tstt continues to mistreat us left right and centre as customers it's just ridiculous really!

I want to find out my unlock code for my bb and they just have soo many runarounds.. i tell them im leaving the country tomorrow in hope they'd rush.. yea right!

lady calls me with a username and password to unlock the code ummm hellllooo all it is, is a simple code! so now im on the internet trying my best to find an unlock code!
    CrackBerry Genius

katml my BB was never locked.
    Did you try a Digi sim and see if it works?

Also with my issues with the 1st Curve I had and being given the replacement 8800. I returned the 8800 for a full refund and bought another Curve. But I had to pay full price for the new Curve because they said it was less than a year since I got the discounted price for the 1st Curve.

TSTT has upgrades? I would luv to have tht option.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN
    26A413D0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Recently upgraded to 4.5.37 and so far so good. No issues with BIS,... some 3rd party software doesn't work but that's not unexpected.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast