Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ixa
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tesco Mobile have BIS

Hey guys,

So i've heard alot of times that Tesco Mobile doesn't have BIS. They also don't mention it anywhere on their site.

I was trying some URLs and found this:
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=tesco

Might give them a call sometime and see if they actually offer it, if they do then thats awesome. Their SIM only deals are very competitive!

Anyone else tried using BIS with them?

-ixa
    CrackBerry Newbie

I called tesco mobile today and asked the cs rep if they offer or are going to offer a bb service. She said that they have had a lot of requests from customers asking about it and were planning to launch a bb service around Christmas. I mentioned the URL and she said that they hadn't been given any specific dates, but that it probably meant it was launching soon.

I hope so because I really want a bb on tesco!

Good work finding the URL, fingers crossed for a tesco bb service soon.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

I have recently changed from Tesco Mobile to Orange because they said they weren't going to be offering a BIS service

Hopefully we may hear some more about this soon. If they offer BIS on PAYG thats as good as the Orange service I will switch because the coverage I am getting on Orange is nowhere near as good as Tesco was
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by harters View Post
    .. If they offer BIS on PAYG thats as good as the Orange service I will switch because the coverage I am getting on Orange is nowhere near as good as Tesco was
    Tesco use the O2 network (but are much cheaper).
    O2 - Tesco Mobile
  5. ixa
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Seems they have finally started offering BIS

Checked the site today and noticed a big image saying BlackBerry now available

Checked through the site and found this:
    BlackBerry® Pay as you go Bundle T&C's

That page mentions how it works for PAYG customers and how to add it.

Also found this one that has some useful information:
    BlackBerry Internet Service T&C's

I guess this means they will start offering a sim only service for blackberry, though I couldn't find one on the site.

-iXa
    Last edited by ixa; 12-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

I have looked too and apart from your links I can't find anything about how to get the Blackberry service yet
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Just phoned Tesco mobile and their Blackberry Internet Service works just like my Current Orange BIS i.e. 5 per month taken from PAYG balance, but instead of 50MB of data use they offer 1GB which is brilliant

Obviously you get the great tripple your credit top up too

I have ordered my new sim and can't wait to change over and get a decent signal
    CrackBerry Newbie

I received an e-mail reply yesterday morning from their 'customer care' department. It reads:

"If you wish to use Pay As You Go, you can purchase the Blackberry Bundle, which provides full use of all of the services, for 5.00 a month. We are looking to implement the Bundle for our SIM only customers, but this will be in the New Year and I cannot confirm when."

Shame they can't offer a date, but this could be an extremely good deal if the SIM-only package is also a fiver a month. I currently pay 15 a month for 750 minutes, 'unlimited' texts (3,000) and 'unlimited' data (500mb). Chuck in a good condition used 3G blackberry - working properly with its various web features, for an extra five quid - and they've got a very happy customer..
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Can't understand why there is nothing on their website about the Blackberry PAYG item, just buried T&C's

I am hoping to change from Orange, but need some extra information on switching which I have asked advice for in a separate post
    CrackBerry User

I've paid a fiver for the PAYG bundle. Everything seems to be working well except for the browser. It does not not work unless using wifi. All other apps work smoothly even without wifi. Still haven't sorted the browser issue, may have to call Tesco. This is my experience with their BIS so far. I've got a brand new unlocked 9780

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdreams View Post
    I've paid a fiver for the PAYG bundle. Everything seems to be working well except for the browser. It does not not work unless using wifi. All other apps work smoothly even without wifi. Still haven't sorted the browser issue, may have to call Tesco. This is my experience with their BIS so far. I've got a brand new unlocked 9780

Is your browser set on Hotspot, if so you will need to change it to be able to use data browser....?

Options--> Gen Prop --> Internet Browser
    CrackBerry User

Is your browser set on Hotspot, if so you will need to change it to be able to use data browser....?

Options--> Gen Prop --> Internet Browser
    I can't find such an option on OS6, it seems to be different than OS5

CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Ah, I forgot you were on OS6.

From what I understand there is no need to switch anymore. Hopefully someone else will be able to give suggestions.
    CrackBerry User

I've spoken to Tesco customer service who suggested using a third party browser. They admited there were problems with Tesco's BIS and RIM's browser. Opera worked only after they reset my BIS.
    At least I can use the internet now but Opera is so sluggish. Hopefully the browser issue is fixed soon

15. ixa
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdreams View Post
    I've spoken to Tesco customer service who suggested using a third party browser. They admited there were problems with Tesco's BIS and RIM's browser. Opera worked only after they reset my BIS.
    At least I can use the internet now but Opera is so sluggish. Hopefully the browser issue is fixed soon

Sounds like the service books aint been sent to your device. Have you tried going into your email setup and re-sending the service books?
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have and Tesco sent them to me once my BIS was reset but it didn't work. They said they had problems with their BIS and RIM's browser so I use Bolt browser now. The rest of the apps are absolutely fine.
    There is a thread somewhere about Verizon in the US having the same issue which was solved.
    Wonder if it is an OS6 specific problem. Is there anyone running OS5 with Tesco Mobile?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Not a good start.

I was about to switch back to Tesco from Orange, but will leave it until they get things sorted, so for now I have topped up with another 20
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Any more news on whether Tesco have got their browser sorted?
    CrackBerry User

Any more news on whether Tesco have got their browser sorted?
    I hadn't tried until I saw your post. Yes! I don't know what Tesco have done but it works now. Sweet as a f*** nut

Thanked by 2:
    b1ackb1rd (02-09-2011),  harters (02-07-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Orange UK reserves the right to privacy from Orange UK :D

Tesco Mobile are a subsiduary of o2, 50% to each party - amazes me issues exisited with o2 being the network provider and access to RIM.
    " I am " in no shape or form here to represent Orange UK or Orange companies in ANY capacity.

Today 12April2014 after all these years Cracking away I nearly got my 1st warning :/

the future's bright, the future's PORaNge........

b1tch@crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down Tesco Mobile - BIS

Hi Guys,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and a Tesco Mobile Sim Only Card (on Contract). I have tried to set up my email on it and it would not work, nor on BlackBerry Messenger and on BlackBerry App World.

I tried speaking to one of the Tesco Mobile Supervisors and they said it does not support BIS because BlackBerry have not agreed to put BIS on Tesco mobile. They said they will discuss and have a meeting and it will take 6 months or longer. It has been about a year.

I am going to change my provider to o2, T-Mobile, Vodafone or Virgin, I'm going to find the best deal.

Hope this was useful to you
    CrackBerry User

This is valid ONLY for the pay monthly sims.

Pay as you go works perfectly. All you need is the 5 bundle. On top of the 1gb allowance you get 10mb data per day when you are abroad. You just can't beat it!

CrackBerry User

I got my Torch 9800 working on Tesco with BIS and all works fine,Im on a monthly Sim only tariff of 10 for 250 mins 500mb,and 5000 text plus 5 for blackberry BIS = 15 .No problems so far i even updated to newest OS version
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aybesea View Post
    I got my Torch 9800 working on Tesco with BIS and all works fine,Im on a monthly Sim only tariff of 10 for 250 mins 500mb,and 5000 text plus 5 for blackberry BIS = 15 .No problems so far i even updated to newest OS version
    Im on a monthly Sim only tariff of 10 for 500 mins, 1GB data (Even though it says 500mb, I have been using 1gb over the past couple of months and I only get a reminder when ever I reach about 900mb that i am reaching my data limit ) and ofcourse 5000 text.

my only issue is that is it really worth it for the 5 extra monthly charge for the BIS? Already I am able to access the internet on my bb with opera mini wherever I go and able to use the GPS map system etc.

The only thing I don't have access to is the messenger and ofcourse the bb browser.

I actually do think I have the best deal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread. Can someone tell me what is included in Tesco PAYG BB bundle. I have emailed CS but their reply was as vague as I expected lol.

I'm currently on Orange and they include web browsing, social networking apps and push email. Is it the same with Tesco?

Cheers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast