Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Guys please help, i just bought my BB Curve 8520 to a friend, the unit was came from middle east, and its Version is OS 4, and my network is sun cellular, i am having a hard time registering to BIS. can someone help me regarding this matter? why cant i register to BIS though i already register to SUN'S BB1DAY? i already tried registering to "host routing table" is it something to do with the unit because its 2ndhand, does it mean i cannot access any blackberry apps because the previous user already registered the unit??? please help, i really need to use my bbm now, thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

As long as the phone is unlocked, you should have no problems.. When you inserted the sun cellular sim, were you getting GSM/gprs? If not, then you need to have it unlocked first.. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by eyessettokill091090 View Post
    Guys please help, i just bought my BB Curve 8520 to a friend, the unit was came from middle east, and its Version is OS 4, and my network is sun cellular, i am having a hard time registering to BIS. can someone help me regarding this matter? why cant i register to BIS though i already register to SUN'S BB1DAY? i already tried registering to "host routing table" is it something to do with the unit because its 2ndhand, does it mean i cannot access any blackberry apps because the previous user already registered the unit??? please help, i really need to use my bbm now, thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gedubraks View Post
    As long as the phone is unlocked, you should have no problems.. When you inserted the sun cellular sim, were you getting GSM/gprs? If not, then you need to have it unlocked first.. Good luck
    the csr told me that i should register first through clicking HOST ROUTING TABLE, i've done this million times but i didn't received any notification regarding the registration. is it possible that the previous owner already registered the phone to BIS, that's why i cannot register it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by eyessettokill091090 View Post
    the csr told me that i should register first through clicking HOST ROUTING TABLE, i've done this million times but i didn't received any notification regarding the registration. is it possible that the previous owner already registered the phone to BIS, that's why i cannot register it?
    It might be currently subscribed to a bis service on another network?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,

I am new here. I am kinda upset with Sun Cellular, I got my phone yesterday and supposedly my BIS should work by now. I performed registration on host routing table, performed battery pull but I am still seeing "edge" instead of EDGE. I dropped by at Sun Shop and told me that they requested to reset my phone. They told me to wait within 24 hours and perform another battery pull. I am afraid that it will not work just like before. I am so disappointed yet I had no choice since I already signed the contract.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sheenaelaine View Post
    Hi,

I am new here. I am kinda upset with Sun Cellular, I got my phone yesterday and supposedly my BIS should work by now. I performed registration on host routing table, performed battery pull but I am still seeing "edge" instead of EDGE. I dropped by at Sun Shop and told me that they requested to reset my phone. They told me to wait within 24 hours and perform another battery pull. I am afraid that it will not work just like before. I am so disappointed yet I had no choice since I already signed the contract.
    They need to reset it on sun side. I wonder why, for prepaid, it was so smooth before when i subscribe.

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by trigo View Post
    They need to reset it on sun side. I wonder why, for prepaid, it was so smooth before when i subscribe.

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately the unit is openline and I tried to insert a Globe simcard and use BB MAX service. I am using it now, a little while ago I inserted sun sim card and still it is not activated. Should I be worried?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately the unit is openline and I tried to insert a Globe simcard and use BB MAX service. I am using it now, a little while ago I inserted sun sim card and still it is not activated. Should I be worried?
    you should not be enrolling it on multiple network?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, it is working now. Well, fortunately I have no problems with different network. What actually happens when you insert a different sim card is the service book clears it from the previous sim card you used so there is going to be no conflict with the BIS.

Sun Cellular's BBM and Social is Kinda slow. It takes time to send BBM messages and most of the time I cant access FB, Twitter and YM which I use most of the time. No complaints about emails since most of the time they are real time but sometimes get delayed with an interval of 15 minutes.
    CrackBerry Newbie

BTW please add me I have just few BBM buddies my pin is 29F77047
    CrackBerry Abuser

BTW please add me I have just few BBM buddies my pin is 29F77047
    ok done just now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My 9900's bbm app earlier this week was giving me problems, it was hanging and after battery pull, i can't type after launching the bbm app as it hangs and i can't open the app. I thought i was going to re-install the OS. As i was preparing to re-install the OS now, i tried backing up and restoring the bbm data to try. I also enabled only 1 email for bbm backup.

Lo and behold, my bbm app is now snappy and working as new.

Just would like to share this work around.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Sun Blackberry Plan

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with Sun?

I applied for the Blackberry plan and got it after a week (Ok, maybe not so bad though I'm pretty impatient so it pissed me off)

Now, it's been 2 days and my BIS is still not activated. Is it normal with Sun or is there a problem with my sim? I don't think it's my phone because it came with the plan and I was able to use BIS with a different sim card.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, it is working now. Well, fortunately I have no problems with different network. What actually happens when you insert a different sim card is the service book clears it from the previous sim card you used so there is going to be no conflict with the BIS.
    Hello, sheenaelaine. I'm experiencing the same problem now! How'd you get it to work?
    CrackBerry User

Hi I just wanna ask what's included in the Sun Blackberry Data Plan 600? How unlimited is unlimited? Does that include YouTube streaming, mobile browsing, and mobile hotspot/tethering for OS 7.1 capable phones? And how's the 3g of Sun? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by glizabea View Post
    Hi I just wanna ask what's included in the Sun Blackberry Data Plan 600? How unlimited is unlimited? Does that include YouTube streaming, mobile browsing, and mobile hotspot/tethering for OS 7.1 capable phones? And how's the 3g of Sun? Thanks!

They'd ask you to choose between 2 plans - BB Social and BB Data.

BB Social includes unli BBM, Twitter, Facebook, messengers (just like Globe BB Social) PLUS unlimited Sun-Sun calls and texts.

On the other hand, BB Data includes free BIS + data plan (like Globe BB MAX) PLUS 200 Sun-Sun texts. So this one includes YouTube, mobile browsing and tethering (though not sure how to tether. If you know how, can you please let me know? )
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

One thing i notice with bb on sun network is that it prefers to connect with 2G instead of 3G. I have to select 3G only to get a faster connection. Im fine with that except if in a low signal area (surprisingly @ the airport terminal) i get no signal on 3G only mode. I have to which to 2G to use my phone

BUT on the smart network my BB works selects 3G first then 2G if signal is low
    Last edited by ErnieL; 08-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Guys, I plan to apply for Sun Cellular's Blackberry Data Plan 600. What I'm after actually is the unlimited internet, and I intend to use the SIM on my Sun Broadband Wireless at times when I need internet on the go. My question is, what APN is used in this Blackberry Plan's unlimited internet? fbband or minternet? Anyone of you tried that setup? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I tried to insert my sun sim in my 9810 once but I never got a 3g signal I called them up asked if they cover 3g in my area (santa ana manila) and they said 3g covers whole metro manila. Oh well. I'm on globe bb max right now but I'll try out smart next month since I'm kinda pissed with globe's congested network these days. Been waiting for my balance inquiry for hours now. Haha
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Has anybody experienced this issue...

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. I bought it factory unlocked. For the past year, I've been using it on Sun with no problems. Last Sunday, I'm suddenly getting no signal whatsoever. All I see is SOS.

I've tried different SIM cards and they all work fine. But when I put in a Sun SIM, it gets about 2 bars and then goes to SOS. I have rebooted, re-flashed, and re-inserted many times but it's always the same.

At first I thought it was the antenna but when I check in Mobile Network, it seems that it connects to Sun first and then connects to Smart and stays there. If I use a Globe SIM, it stays on Globe. If I use Smart, it stays on Smart. But no matter what I do, it won't register with Sun.

What gives? Any advice?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts

Default Sun Cellular BIS users

Does sun have a bbm only subscription for prepaid?

Sent from my LTE iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Sun Cellular BIS users

Quote Originally Posted by blacklighter11 View Post
    Does sun have a bbm only subscription for prepaid?

Sent from my LTE iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    Only smart or globe has

CrackBerry Newbie

I also have a sun cellular prepaid sim, I've been using it gofor my BB9700 for a year now, unfortunately this early december it started acting up, my credits are being deducted even if I have not fully subscirbed to the BB service bec sun won't send me the service book. I've had 3 sim card changes already. I'm ready to give up. Just earlier I tried sending BB1DAY to 386 but I am not getting the confirmation again that I registered and that it is already being prcessed and the load has been deducted again.. Is this because of sun's merge with Smart?! It's irritating!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kidddddd View Post
    Guys, I plan to apply for Sun Cellular's Blackberry Data Plan 600. What I'm after actually is the unlimited internet, and I intend to use the SIM on my Sun Broadband Wireless at times when I need internet on the go. My question is, what APN is used in this Blackberry Plan's unlimited internet? fbband or minternet? Anyone of you tried that setup? Thanks!
    Your broadband sim would not work if u insert it in a BB phone. It willonly work on android or other smart phones. I tried that but you u won't be able to use the Blackberry phone's features to its fullest.you need to buy a regular sim, activate the gprs then subscribe to BB1DAY or BB7DAY to use it. APN of sun for BB is blackberry.net

My problem is that sun has been deducting regular load when I subscribe to their BB 1 day service, even if I have not received any confirmation that it has been registered. I am staring to get frustrated with their service.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by glizabea View Post
    -- Hi Glizabea, Have you applied to Blackberry Data Plan 600?
    I just want to confirm if it really includes video streaming and tethering?? thank you!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast