CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Orange UK - Pay As You Go - Data Plan Confusion ?

In a couple of days , for Christmas I am going to be receiving my first Blackberry ( The Blackberry Curve 8520 in violet ) , so I am new to this whole world , -including CrackBerry : I am very excited but I have a couple of questions .

I am going to be receiving this phone on Pay As You Go. When I receive my new phone I am planning on signing onto the Dolphin Plan (Top Up 10 a month = 300 free texts + free Facebook access .)
    As I am planning on getting the most out of my new device , I am going to on sign on to a monthly data plan because I plan to use Blackberry Messenger , the internet etc .
    I have read on the internet from various posts and blogs , that a data plan is necessary if I wanted to use the BB Messenger . So , I have checked the Orange site and the "Talk With Blackberry" plan , which I am planning on signing on to costs 4.25 a month . So , naturally I have a few questions :

i) What does the "Talk With Blackberry" plan include exactly ? ( i.e Does it include free minutes ? If so , how many ? Does it include free texts ? email access ? etc )

ii) Will I still be able to earn my Dolphin reward if I sign on ?

iii) Does "Talk With BlackBerry" even apply to Pay As You go customers ?

iv) Will I be able to use Blackberry Messenger with the "Talk With Blackberry" plan ?

v) If the "Talk With Blackberry" plan isn't available to Pay As You Go customers , what other internet plan , on Orange can I use to have internet access so I can use Blackberry Messenger ? Could you suggest any other [cheap] plans ?

Thank You for your time , answers will be greatly appreciated .
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Hi

Ive bought one for my son as an Christmas present so I can chat via BBM

You need to call 450 , the PAYG , customer care line, they will add for 5 Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) it takes 24 hrs to activate

I had to make 3 seperate calls before I could get someone to do it correctly, they dont seem to clued up on the BIS add-on

Each month they will take 5 from the credit value so less than 5 credit and BIS gets removed from the account and you have to call 450 again

The other PAYG tarriffs monkey, donkey, are un affected

Have fun
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thank You for the advice Have a Happy Xmas
    CrackBerry User

Hey i got a violet one to, also does dolphin work with BIS just wondering because i need to ring them will they then activate App World

thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

When I got my BB I had to go through this problem with Orange but I got it sorted

I have Dolphin with BIS too and it works fine , the BIS just takes out 5 of your credit if your on Orange PAYG , and you get your Dolphin awards as usual . When you get the data plan BB world is then activated ,

hope this helps
    Becoming addicted to your BlackBerry is inevitable
    -Always Act As if You Are Wearing An Invisible Crown -Anon. 364ll , ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by ldeighme View Post
    A person with an iPhone is trendy. A person with a Blackberry is important.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i just rang orange and got the BIS add-on.
    but nothing has changed apart from the 'gprs' goes to capitals so as it looks like "GPRS" when i try to sign into windows live messenger it says service not enabled with this handheld & same with the facebook application.
    and then when i disconnect from my wifi and try to go on m.facebook.com it says "this is a wifi service" or something?
    what am i paying 5 a month for?

im orange too.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2675D33E

Quote Originally Posted by julzeejulzeejuu View Post
    i just rang orange and got the BIS add-on.
    but nothing has changed apart from the 'gprs' goes to capitals so as it looks like "GPRS" when i try to sign into windows live messenger it says service not enabled with this handheld & same with the facebook application.
    and then when i disconnect from my wifi and try to go on m.facebook.com it says "this is a wifi service" or something?
    what am i paying 5 a month for?

im orange too.
    Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and register your device. this will send thye service books out to enable the sim so you can browser the internet and also download facebook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    yes

make sure you are using internet browser and not hotspot browser...
    im on orange payg and at first i had problems but its been about 5 months now and everythings fine.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tdleon View Post
    Hi

Ive bought one for my son as an Christmas present so I can chat via BBM

You need to call 450 , the PAYG , customer care line, they will add for 5 Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) it takes 24 hrs to activate

I had to make 3 seperate calls before I could get someone to do it correctly, they dont seem to clued up on the BIS add-on

Each month they will take 5 from the credit value so less than 5 credit and BIS gets removed from the account and you have to call 450 again

The other PAYG tarriffs monkey, donkey, are un affected

Have fun
    How much mb on apn.blackberry.net?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by teddy.it View Post
    How much mb on apn.blackberry.net?

you get 500mb
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have a blackberry pearl 8120 and i also rang orange but nothing has changed apart from the 'gprs' goes to capitals so as it looks like "GPRS" when i try to sign into windows live messenger it says service not enabled with this handheld & same with the facebook application.
    and then when i disconnect from my wifi and try to go on m.facebook.com it says "this is a wifi service" or something? i am also on orange, i only have 1 browser icon - the "hotspot browser" am i supposed to have another one?
    i really dont no how to get this working, should i just take the phone back to the store where i got it... but i have had it 4 months and nothing has worked :/
    pleeeeeeaaase help
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2190A0DB

If you can find a friend with a contract orange phone the guys on 156 are very helpful with any problems you have. The indian call centre are rubbish!

As regards the original question. There is a PAYG BIS service, 5 a month, with "unlimited" internet (50mb soft cap), and the dolphin 50MB measured allowance covers stuff that doesn't go through BIS.

CrackBerry Addict

When it goes to GPRS (or EDGE) it means the Blackberry is connected to RIM. You then need to create a BIS account either using the email setup wizard on the device or by going to BlackBerry Internet Service. Once that is completed the device will be configured over the air and it will receive a set of service books.

From there your online services, including Windows Live Messenger will all work.
    Personal website and blog | Flickr photostream
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
    CrackBerry Newbie

I bought myself a blackberry about 2weeks with orange PAYG and i cant seem to get my bbm working at all or the internet. I've registered and called up and nothings changed. I cant even sent photo messages, it's pretty much irritating, just been causing trouble since day one. Is there anything I haven't done that i need to do?
    CrackBerry Newbie

erm once you've dialed 450 what do you select.. i selected option 2 and then was confused about where else to go.. to the orange shop or something else...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I registered my phone through the options so i could create a account via BIS, how long will it take for the registration to take?