Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Lightbulb Orange UK - buying a Blackberry

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered before!

I'm on a pay monthly contract with Orange UK - Dolphin 25 with 500mb internet and push email included. Currently i'm using a Nexus S but am thinking about defecting to a Bold 9780 instead! I'll purchase my own phone - the question is will it work with the current Orange package I have or will I have to add any extra services/bundles?

If anyone has any experience of doing something like this i'd like to know!

Thanks,
    Dan
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

In case anyone is wondering......Orange have confirmed that it'll be another £5 per month to have the Blackberry services added to my account.

Not too bad - would have be nice to pay nothing extra but no point moaning! Now I have to decide if I want to defect to a Blackberry and whether I go for a Torch or a Bold.
    CrackBerry User

When I recently upgraded I first tried to do it through the website and they wanted to charge me £150 for the phone! So I called them and asked why, and the woman I spoke to said "OK, we can just about squeeze you in with a free phone" and I was/am on Dolphin 30. It's worth haggling.

Go to somewhere like mobiles.co.uk and see if you can find any offers that include the phone for free and a similar price plan to the one you're on, then just ask Orange if they can match it, otherwise you'll go elsewhere!

Haggling is just a normal part of the upgrade process these days.
    CrackBerry User

I agree. I always go straight through to disconnection to get a good deal. In fact I managed to get my friend a better deal I'm paying £25 & they're paying £15 all in for the same bb package. Roll on October when i'm elligible for an upgrade
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    PIN
    27F31413

If you are buying the phone yourself then the £5 per month is the same charge as Vodafone's BlackBerry service if you already have 500MB of data included.

Personally on handset choice I would look at the 9780 as it to me is a neater package than the Torch however I know a lot of people like the dual functionality of the touch screen and the keyboard.
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9780
    vodafone UK