Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered before!

I'm on a pay monthly contract with Orange UK - Dolphin 25 with 500mb internet and push email included. Currently i'm using a Nexus S but am thinking about defecting to a Bold 9780 instead! I'll purchase my own phone - the question is will it work with the current Orange package I have or will I have to add any extra services/bundles?

If anyone has any experience of doing something like this i'd like to know!

Thanks,
    Dan
    08-22-11 12:06 PM
    In case anyone is wondering......Orange have confirmed that it'll be another 5 per month to have the Blackberry services added to my account.

Not too bad - would have be nice to pay nothing extra but no point moaning! Now I have to decide if I want to defect to a Blackberry and whether I go for a Torch or a Bold.
    08-23-11 08:50 AM
    When I recently upgraded I first tried to do it through the website and they wanted to charge me 150 for the phone! So I called them and asked why, and the woman I spoke to said "OK, we can just about squeeze you in with a free phone" and I was/am on Dolphin 30. It's worth haggling.

Go to somewhere like mobiles.co.uk and see if you can find any offers that include the phone for free and a similar price plan to the one you're on, then just ask Orange if they can match it, otherwise you'll go elsewhere!

Haggling is just a normal part of the upgrade process these days.
    08-26-11 03:21 PM
    I agree. I always go straight through to disconnection to get a good deal. In fact I managed to get my friend a better deal I'm paying 25 & they're paying 15 all in for the same bb package. Roll on October when i'm elligible for an upgrade
    08-28-11 08:29 AM
    If you are buying the phone yourself then the 5 per month is the same charge as Vodafone's BlackBerry service if you already have 500MB of data included.

Personally on handset choice I would look at the 9780 as it to me is a neater package than the Torch however I know a lot of people like the dual functionality of the touch screen and the keyboard.
    08-28-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD