Giff Gaff (UK)
02-18-13 03:02 PM
- Is anyone here using a giff-gaff sim? I'm interested to see how you're getting on with it. I know they are using O2's network and they offer great value for money but i'm intrigued by the fact that if you have any issues you simply liase with other giff gaff user's online to resolve the problem hence them cutting overheads and giving you more bang for your buck.
How do u top-up etc?
Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk07-28-12 07:36 AM
- I don't use it myself but my elder daughter got herself one, she hasn't had any problems with it so far so can't comment on how that works but community forums aren't always bad.
What's more, their BIS is only 3 compared to other networks who charge 5. Another great thing is the fact that when people call you, you get minutes added to your monthly allowance which is pretty cool, basically for every minute some calls you, you get a free minute added, except when another GiffGaff number calls you.
As far as top-up goes, you can top-up online with a credit/debit card, or use a voucher by calling a number. There's things like goodybags too but I'm not sure what you get with those.
Last edited by DJ Reyes; 07-28-12 at 05:27 PM.07-28-12 04:06 PM
- 08-03-12 04:49 AMLike 1
- I'll be trying myself in a couple of weeks when I visit UK, with a giff gaff sim in a 3g dingle. From amazon reviews of a few things, the settings for data access are shown in the attached.
If anyone has any problems with these settings, let me know and I'll delete the pic, but they will be the ones I'll be trying!08-04-12 01:32 PM
- Thought I'd provide a quick update on where I am with giffgaff. Last time I posted I have ordered a SIM card, took about a week to arrive. You do receive an email to confirm that they SIM card has been sent.
I didn't get around to using it right away and only got around to getting it activated yesterday. I had run into problems with activating though and took to the community forums for help.
I must say the experience there has been very good so far. Response from the forums is almost immediate. I had thought it may have taken a bit longer to get a response but was pleased to get one within a good time frame and get a solution.
I am now just waiting for activation. I will update again on my experience with data speeds, call quality etc.
Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk08-15-12 09:07 AM
Me and the boyfriend have been on GiffGaff since about February last year. Cheap as chips. Not too many problems, just things like the odd time where the goodybag hasn't been updated onto the phone, this happened to my boyfriend a few times and you have to go via the forums and the agents to get it sorted which can sometimes take a bit for the agents to get back to you.
It is good value for money, I would reccomend them, the goodybags are good value, the forums are very helpful and immediate if you need help with something. It takes a while to sort things if you need to go via ask an agent though. Have been looking at the 3 BIS which you have to add on to your goodybag, as am thinking of getting a blackberry. Also, you need to download Opera Mini browser as the blackberry one doesn't work on GiffGaff or something, but this is no biggie.
Hope this helps. If you need to know more, just ask12-28-12 02:27 PM
- I have been using Giffgaff for the past 5 months now and so far so good. 250 mins, unltd texts, unltd internet and BB add on for 15 a month simply cant be beaten.
Fortunately i have not encountered any major issues in which i have needed to seek help from a giffgaff mod so unable to comment on their service.
Slight bug bearer is the poor call quality at times but this is few and far between and not enough to be an annoyance.
Overall i'm delighted i went with giffgaff and it's turned out to be a real 'contract killer' which can only be a good thing.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk02-13-13 08:41 PM
- Also, you need to download Opera Mini browser as the blackberry one doesn't work on GiffGaff or something, but this is no biggie.
Hope this helps. If you need to know more, just ask [/QUOTE]
BB browser works fine for me but may be an issue for some?
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk02-13-13 08:47 PM
- The only time the browser doesn't work is when you dont have the BlackBerry Add-On which is 3 you can use the opera browser if you dont have this add on but you have to have data in your "goody bag".
Otherwise it would cost alot from your airtime cred 20p for 20mb & then 20p for every mb after.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk02-18-13 03:02 PM
- BlackBerry Carrier Discussion
- Other Carriers Worldwide
- Other Carriers Worldwide
Giff Gaff (UK)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD