CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Service in France

Hello, I'm from the UK and travelling to France in the Summer; I plan to stay there for a year. I was wondering if it is possible to get a prepay sim card and still get blackberry services there? I don't mind getting a contract, but as I already have a phone I would like a sim only one and I am not sure if that is possible in France. You help will be much appreciated.
    DC
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Anyone have any ideas?
    DC
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    255D5DFE

Hello there !
    You should check this mobile plan : 1h phone call in france + Blackberry services unlimited (bbm, data etc). 30e/month but 26e for the first 6 months. I guess this is the cheapest offer you could find.
    It is an offer from SFR (W W W.sfr.fr/mobile/offres-detail/forfait_bloque_edition_blackberry/0003ls-1h?vue=000agv&dureeEngagement=0003hc)
    CrackBerry User

Hello,

I live in France too and I confirm what chibbert says. The cheapest plan for BlackBerry service in France is from SFR (the French Vodafone Partner/Affiliate) which cost 29,90€/month but 25,90€/month the first 6 months. There is an engagement of 12 months.

The 2 other carriers are Bouygues Telecom (its cheapest is 32,90€/month with 12 months engagement) and Orange (its cheapest is 45,90€/months with 12 months engagement but I'm not sure of the price).

I advise you to check yourself or ask us (by a new thread or send me a PM) in a few months because prices change regularly.

Andry.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you so much, I am dropping bricks fretting whether I'd get my email and BB fix. So these plans are sim only right? As I already have a phone. Also are there no thirty day contract options like T-Mobile has i.e. Solo?
    DC
    CrackBerry User

SFR and Bouygues Telecom plans are SIM only. In these cases, the SIM card cost 1€. The Orange plan is not SIM only (but I think Orange is not, today, the best option, right ?).

And there is no 30-days contract option with BlackBerry Service. Sorry.

But, just notice that SFR plan doesn't include free surf on the web from your BlackBerry. It's just email and BBM. Contrary to Bouygues Telecom plan which include email, BBM and web surf.

To have web surfing included in the SFR plan you have to add 4€/months.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by regularwolf View Post
    SFR and Bouygues Telecom plans are SIM only. In these cases, the SIM card cost 1€. The Orange plan is not SIM only (but I think Orange is not, today, the best option, right ?).

And there is no 30-days contract option with BlackBerry Service. Sorry.

But, just notice that SFR plan doesn't include free surf on the web from your BlackBerry. It's just email and BBM. Contrary to Bouygues Telecom plan which include email, BBM and web surf.

To have web surfing included in the SFR plan you have to add 4€/months.
    Hey thanks for the advice. Do you have a link for the Bouygues Télécom deal? I can't find it anywhere.
    DC
    CrackBerry User

The link is Bouygues Telecom : Forfait Classic - Forfait Classic

The plan costs 22.90€/month for 1 hour with 12 months engagement and you have to add 9.90€/month for the BlackBerry Service (It's written at the bottom of the page).